+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI US PCC which applications are currently being processed ?

rajanshah176

Nov 30, 2017
Hey Guys! Submitted thru online process, current status says 'Response waiting'. The Website shows the pdf version which mentions no criminal records. What does response waiting mean?

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
Hey Guys! Submitted thru online process, current status says 'Response waiting'. The Website shows the pdf version which mentions no criminal records. What does response waiting mean?
It just means that it has been completed and is waiting for you to view it on pdf. They will also mail out a paper copy to you if you selected that option.

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
So there is no difference between the pdf version and hard copy?
They are identical. However, if I try and print out the pdf the FBI logo is so faint that the printer doesn't print it properly so you can tell its different to the paper copy they mail to you. But if you look at the pdf on your computer, and look at the paper copy they mail, there is no difference at all, nothing. Someone with a better printer may have more success at accurately printing the pdf.
If you are applying for Express Entry etc where you submit it online, use the pdf, if you are applying for citizenship, like myself, wait for the paper copy and mail that in with your application.

Reactions: vjosi

saherkar

Oct 27, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Does anyone know how I can login to eDO?

I used the link provided Identity History Summary Checks and the link is:

https://www.edo.cjis.gov

But every time I try to go to that website, it says: Request Error (invalid_request)

Is anyone getting the same thing? How are you guys able to submit a request? My iphone is able to load the website though...
I faced same problem with google chrome browser. I used Firefox to submit it.

ljchan66

Feb 21, 2018
I faced same problem with google chrome browser. I used Firefox to submit it.
Thanks saherkar. I used microsoft IE and edge, both did not work. I guess I will download firefox and try it again.

edit: I've just tried it with firefox, works perfectly now. Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: saherkar

macaly7

Jan 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
Has anybody got charged twice for PCC and got the refund?

I paid while I submit through eDO for paper based application which i sent in Dec 1st week.

Upon request, FBI picked up my fingerprint from my earlier package and processed through eDO and charged credit card once again:(
I got charged twice too. I've been meaning to call or email but I haven't gotten around to doing it as yet.

kotvir

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney (Australia)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
Doc's Request.
22-07-2019
Nomination.....
28-11-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2018
File Transfer...
12-03-2019
Med's Request
12-07-2019
Med's Done....
20-08-2019
Passport Req..
02-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2019
While my status m9ved to "response waiting", I found a small box down there to download the PDF.
I got a mail too saying I can view my report for 90 days.
Have a second look, possibly it's completed already
I think, at this stage, applicant has to reply accepting the result in order to change the status to FINALIZED.

Any thoughts ?

kotvir

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney (Australia)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
Doc's Request.
22-07-2019
Nomination.....
28-11-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2018
File Transfer...
12-03-2019
Med's Request
12-07-2019
Med's Done....
20-08-2019
Passport Req..
02-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2019
My PCC (eDO) arrived in the mail today. My time line is as follows....

Submitted/paid for eDO online - Feb 5th 2018.
Finger prints obtained and mailed from Houlton, ME (so sent from within the US) - Feb 6th 2018.
FBI Received prints - Feb 9th 2018.
Email received to say prints received and 10 minutes later another email to confirm completion of process with PDF file available online - Feb 12th 2018.
FBI mailed PCC (according to post mark) - Feb 14th 2018.
Received in New Brunswick, Canada - Feb 22nd 2018.

So from start of process to having the original copy in hand was 17 days.

The original copy is identical in appearance to the online PDF version. Both are completely black and white. The only thing I noticed is that if I try and print off my PDF one, it doesn't show the faded FBI logo thats a light gray in colour, and likewise if I scan the original, its very hard to make out the logo as its so light/faded in colour on both the original paper and on the PDF. For citizenship applications, which is why I needed it, it states the original must be submitted so I will be sending them the original I received in the mail today. I have no idea if they'd actually accept a print off of the PDF but in my opinion its still original as provided by the FBI but just to be safe I'll send the one I got in the mail. For people who are applying for different things and need to submit it online, I don't think it'd matter which one you sent. In fact the PDF would be better as its already showing correctly on your computer. To submit a copy of the original received by mail would be difficult as many scanners wouldn't pick up the background logo very clearly.
Hi
Could you please let us know, did you reply accepting your FBI summary result in order to change the status to FINALIZED before you receive your physical copy ?
Please advise.
Thanks.

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
Hi
Could you please let us know, did you reply accepting your FBI summary result in order to change the status to FINALIZED before you receive your physical copy ?
Please advise.
Thanks.
No I didn't. I wasn't aware that you could or should reply to them in any way. I received my pdf and later on my paper copy while my status remained as "Response Waiting".

Reactions: kotvir

saherkar

Oct 27, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I got charged twice too. I've been meaning to call or email but I haven't gotten around to doing it as yet.
Me too!
I had sent DD with my paper application which was converted to eDO later & I had paid eDO fees as well by credit card.
But neither I got refund on my credit card nor the DD I had sent with paper application.

rj16

Star Member
May 19, 2015
New Jersey, USA
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Has anyone sent multiple applications in one envelope? I did for me and my wife, but now having doubts.
Also, my mail was delivered on Friday, but the online status still says Insufficient (Missing Fingerprint card), for both of our profiles. How many days does it take for them to update the status after mail getting delivered?

Arod

May 15, 2017
Has anyone sent multiple applications in one envelope? I did for me and my wife, but now having doubts.
Also, my mail was delivered on Friday, but the online status still says Insufficient (Missing Fingerprint card), for both of our profiles. How many days does it take for them to update the status after mail getting delivered?
I sent the applications for me and my wife in one envelope, here is what happened:

I submitted the EDO thing and all for both of us, after a couple of days her Police certificate was available but mine wasn't. I waited about three more days and noticed that the status of my application still showed as if the fingerprints hadn't been received. On the fourth day I decided to call the FBI, a very nice guy took my information and told me that they were going to look for my fingerprints, hours later my certificate was available.

Bottom line, if you see no updates within a three day period try calling them.

Reactions: rj16

ljchan66

Feb 21, 2018
I don't have your situation, but either send them an email or give them a call and once they locate your fingerprint card from their mail (presumably, you used a tracking number on this), then they will process it and have your certificate ready within hours. Definitely less than 3 days, between the time I emailed them and the time I got the report.

ljchan66

Feb 21, 2018
I thought I'd share my experience with EDO:

Submitted / paid for eDO online - Feb 23rd 2018.
Fingerprints obtained and mailed from Hong Kong (so sent from Asia to the US) - Feb 23rd 2018.
Emailed FBI to notify them about the tracking number on FedEx - Feb 24th 2018.
FBI Received prints via FedEx - Feb 26th 2018.
Email received to say prints received and 3 minutes later another email to confirm completion of process with PDF file available online - Feb 27th 2018.

I haven't received the hardcopy of the report yet, but altogether, it took me a couple of days for the entire process.