+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC

emsea405

Star Member
Nov 4, 2015
Dear All
My application has been received on 19th May 2017 . I was wondering if there is any way to know when and at what exact date the Credit Card will be charged? Will emailing them help? . Please give your advise if possible. Thanks
I am not sure they will tell you exactly when they will process. But the website correctly reflects that it takes about 8-10 weeks. Looks like the best case scenario, and currently the trend is that you receive the report in exactly 8 weeks. And about 10 days before the 8 week mark you see the charge. If everything goes well for you you may see the charge on around 10 July.

shuvo89

Mar 30, 2017
I am not sure they will tell you exactly when they will process. But the website correctly reflects that it takes about 8-10 weeks. Looks like the best case scenario, and currently the trend is that you receive the report in exactly 8 weeks. And about 10 days before the 8 week mark you see the charge. If everything goes well for you you may see the charge on around 10 July.
Thanks Again for the information.

applicant_2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Hello All,

Need quick inputs. My wife only has a given name on her passport and no last name. How to fill the same in the FBI forms - FD 258 and the application form ? Please advise if someone else has been through similar situation. I emailed to identity@ic.fbi.gov but no response yet and we have our fingerprinting appointment of Wednesday.
Thanks in advance.

Sep 26, 2015
Hi..everyone I got stuck up in the process...my CRS score is 332, I had filed express entry this year but nothing is happening ....can anyone suggest how I can get ITA ??? Please !!!

ishanbishnoi

May 24, 2017
Hi All

I have a question, I received ITA when I completed just 4 months in USA. Do I need to submit PCC from FBI if I submit my docs to CIC before I complete 6 months in USA ?

Please let me know if you have clarity about this.

Regards
ishan

applicant_2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Hi All

I have a question, I received ITA when I completed just 4 months in USA. Do I need to submit PCC from FBI if I submit my docs to CIC before I complete 6 months in USA ?

Please let me know if you have clarity about this.

Regards
ishan
I would suggest you to submit it because its a grey area. Although you haven't been in US for > 6 months but you will be soon by the time the Canadian thing progresses. Since you're currently a resident and won't be leaving before 6 months timeline therefore it is better to apply for it.

ishanbishnoi

May 24, 2017
I would suggest you to submit it because its a grey area. Although you haven't been in US for > 6 months but you will be soon by the time the Canadian thing progresses. Since you're currently a resident and won't be leaving before 6 months timeline therefore it is better to apply for it.
Thanks

garyastudent

Sep 3, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just called FBI and they confirmed that they are working on files received on March 27th 2017.

rv29

Mar 31, 2017
Is there any way of tracking a PCC application with FBI? Please let me know in case we can do that.

Thanks..

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Hi all,

Just had a quick question for people who have applied from the UAE. Does anyone know how much time does it take the package to reach UAE once dispatched by the fbi? Below are my details.

Package recd by fbi: 26th of Jan 2017
Cc charged: 24th of Feb 2017
Report generated: 10th of March 2017
Report dispatched: 14th of March 2017

All this info was provided by fbi call center and yes they were kind enough to tell me that the fps went through.
Hey. Where did you get the fingerprints done in UAE? Costs? Thanks

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Is there a validity to the FBI PCC? Wondering if I should apply now before the ITA is received to save time.

Also, if I didn't have an SSN do I just put N/A on the form?

Thanks

Last edited:

SaintNishant

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-04-2017
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
Is there a validity to the FBI PCC? Wondering if I should apply now before the ITA is received to save time.

Also, if I didn't have an SSN do I just put N/A on the form?

Thanks
PCC does not have a validity. It is issued for the time you have spent in any country. If you are not currently staying in the US, you can apply for PCC anytime. Given the time it is taking now, it is better to apply as soon as possible and not wait until ITA. Early this year the time taken for FBI PCC had improved and I had read people getting their FBI PCC in 6 weeks, but now its back to the usual 8-10 weeks time frame.

My application was delivered on 10th April and I have not been charged yet. I am expecting it to be sometime late next week.

If you don't have an SSN, just leave that column blank.

Last edited:
Reactions: Immigreat81

test12

May 31, 2017
Hi guys,
Let me share my experience with the entire process of FBI PCC.
I received my ITA in January 2016 and was asked to submit my FBI PCC, so I took finger prints on my own on the document that I downloaded from their website and mailed them through a courier to FBI. After 3 months from the date the document received, my finger prints were rejected.

Next time I didn't want to take any risks and went straight to the ministry for getting my finger prints done by an expert. After taking my finger prints, I mailed the documents along with the payment form to FBI for the second time. During that time I send a change of address request form for the mail to be delivered to a friends place in USA for a faster delivery of the document. After 1 and half months I called their number and verified that the document was issued, every person that I spoke over the phone confirmed that the mail has been sent to the country of my residence and to the new address in USA. I waited for more than a month and the document was not delivered to any of the addresses, I called FBI and spoke to a supervisor, he gave his confirmation that mail was sent to both addresses(which was not true). I requested him to sent another copy but he refused to sent another mail out as he was insisting that FBI is only authorized to sent 1 mail per request or in case the mail is lost they will send another. After that whatever the reason it may be , they will not sent mail again.

I didn't loose hope and submitted the document for the third time and this time I submitted three forms with three different mailing addresses and after month and a half it took 3 days for the document to be mailed in USA, 5 days in Canada and 2 weeks for UAE.

Lessons Learned:

1. Always get your finger prints done through an official.
2. Automated mailing system of fbi is not reliable, to avoid any issues do not
change your address in the middle of the process.
3. No matter how much you try or wine, they will not send you a scan copy of your PCC document.
4. Always sent 2 or 3 forms with different addresses and payments as a back up.
4. Try to establish a communication with them through email, this will help you getting an extension from cic as a proof.
5. CIC will extend your deadline as long as you send them an explanation and the situation is out of your control.
I received a letter from CIC that my application is being considered to be rejected and refused as they did not receive FBI PCC and they will not give any further extension. But regardless of this statement when I sent them letter of explanation with email correspondence with FBI through IRCC webforms they gave me the extension as the situation was out of my control.

I planned to write about my experience after everything was sorted out, I will share my experience in a different forum which will highlight my experience and the things I have to go through the entire process of immigration. I think I have seen it all and it should help others and answer most of the question that everyone generally seeks

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Hi guys,
Let me share my experience with the entire process of FBI PCC.
I received my ITA in January 2016 and was asked to submit my FBI PCC, so I took finger prints on my own on the document that I downloaded from their website and mailed them through a courier to FBI. After 3 months from the date the document received, my finger prints were rejected.

Next time I didn't want to take any risks and went straight to the ministry for getting my finger prints done by an expert. After taking my finger prints, I mailed the documents along with the payment form to FBI for the second time. During that time I send a change of address request form for the mail to be delivered to a friends place in USA for a faster delivery of the document. After 1 and half months I called their number and verified that the document was issued, every person that I spoke over the phone confirmed that the mail has been sent to the country of my residence and to the new address in USA. I waited for more than a month and the document was not delivered to any of the addresses, I called FBI and spoke to a supervisor, he gave his confirmation that mail was sent to both addresses(which was not true). I requested him to sent another copy but he refused to sent another mail out as he was insisting that FBI is only authorized to sent 1 mail per request or in case the mail is lost they will send another. After that whatever the reason it may be , they will not sent mail again.

I didn't loose hope and submitted the document for the third time and this time I submitted three forms with three different mailing addresses and after month and a half it took 3 days for the document to be mailed in USA, 5 days in Canada and 2 weeks for UAE.

Lessons Learned:

1. Always get your finger prints done through an official.
2. Automated mailing system of fbi is not reliable, to avoid any issues do not
change your address in the middle of the process.
3. No matter how much you try or wine, they will not send you a scan copy of your PCC document.
4. Always sent 2 or 3 forms with different addresses and payments as a back up.
4. Try to establish a communication with them through email, this will help you getting an extension from cic as a proof.
5. CIC will extend your deadline as long as you send them an explanation and the situation is out of your control.
I received a letter from CIC that my application is being considered to be rejected and refused as they did not receive FBI PCC and they will not give any further extension. But regardless of this statement when I sent them letter of explanation with email correspondence with FBI through IRCC webforms they gave me the extension as the situation was out of my control.

I planned to write about my experience after everything was sorted out, I will share my experience in a different forum which will highlight my experience and the things I have to go through the entire process of immigration. I think I have seen it all and it should help others and answer most of the question that everyone generally seeks
Glad you persevered and conquered! Are you in the UAE?