+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aragorn165 said:
If the email specifically asked you to email them a completed form, then yes, you shouldn't have to start over! In my case, however, a rejection of prints from the FBI came alongside links to all forms (including the credit card form) so simply getting the links isn't proof enough.
Regardless, it appears I was wrong to begin with anyway, so don't worry- it seems like you won't have to start over from the beginning :)
Good luck, and my apologies for the confusion!
It crazy but if credit card don't work or payment method due to any reason has problem we can send the updated information by email. But if fingerprint are not accepted u have to start all over again. Because the don't allow finger prints to be scanned and emailed. If I remember u got ur prints rejected. That's why they asked u to start again .
Good luck. They have become faster.

ajanarth

Sep 11, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
IELTS Request
8-04-2016
Med's Done....
8-04-2016
Passport Req..
23-11-2016
Cansen said:
Today they are opening packages received on Jan-11
Hi @Cansen, if I may ask do you know what date they are processing ?

Vivian613

Star Member
Oct 21, 2015
sunil55 said:
It crazy but if credit card don't work or payment method due to any reason has problem we can send the updated information by email. But if fingerprint are not accepted u have to start all over again. Because the don't allow finger prints to be scanned and emailed. If I remember u got ur prints rejected. That's why they asked u to start again .
Good luck. They have become faster.
Hi Guys,

I called FBI office. They said that it would take two extra weeks to process my request. The deadline that CIC gave me is April 16th. I think that I will try to write them an explanation letter and ask for extension.

BTW, FBI said that my certified check expired. This is odd. Because I checked with bank and they said that the certified check would not expire.

I don't know if CIC will agree this explanation....

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vivian613 said:
Hi Guys,

I called FBI office. They said that it would take two extra weeks to process my request. The deadline that CIC gave me is April 16th. I think that I will try to write them an explanation letter and ask for extension.

BTW, FBI said that my certified check expired. This is odd. Because I checked with bank and they said that the certified check would not expire.

Hi
Firstly ask for extension close to deadline ....i.e 14 or 15 April.
Secondly FBI usually say that it will take 1or 2 weeks but it will take lesser time. They just don't want you to bother them again and again.
Thirdly write email to FBI close to 10 April and ask the status of ur application. They will reply back ....something like they will take 1 week or 2 weeks to complete processing of ur FBI. Use that reply to ask extension from CIC. Let's say FBI said 2 weeks. U will ask CIC to give u extension of 4 weeks as it will be 2 weeks plus mailing time. You don't even have to mention the certified cheque story. Just be to the point that u application is close to processing....as per reply from FBI it will take 2 more weeks . Extra time will be required for the mail to reach. Kindly grant me extension of about four weeks. Something like this u can write.
Let's say u ask for status from FBI on 10 th ......no need to wait for reply. Just after sending email call them. Ask status and also request them to reply ur email .....explain them that u will use this reply to ask extension from CIC. They will reply u just after u hang up. I did this twice and both time they sent reply immediately after call.
Also keep calling FBI and keep requesting them to process ur request faster as u are close to deadline. They are nice and usually agree. I mean in ur particular case. U know they don't entertain faster processing otherwise.

I will easily work out. Don't worry. CIC has been very cooperative. Just obtain an email from FBI about how much time that will take. U need not over confuse things by talking about fee and all.
Good luck

Vivian613

Star Member
Oct 21, 2015
sunil55 said:
Hi
Firstly ask for extension close to deadline ....i.e 14 or 15 April.
Secondly FBI usually say that it will take 1or 2 weeks but it will take lesser time. They just don't want you to bother them again and again.
Thirdly write email to FBI close to 10 April and ask the status of ur application. They will reply back ....something like they will take 1 week or 2 weeks to complete processing of ur FBI. Use that reply to ask extension from CIC. Let's say FBI said 2 weeks. U will ask CIC to give u extension of 4 weeks as it will be 2 weeks plus mailing time. You don't even have to mention the certified cheque story. Just be to the point that u application is close to processing....as per reply from FBI it will take 2 more weeks . Extra time will be required for the mail to reach. Kindly grant me extension of about four weeks. Something like this u can write.
Let's say u ask for status from FBI on 10 th ......no need to wait for reply. Just after sending email call them. Ask status and also request them to reply ur email .....explain them that u will use this reply to ask extension from CIC. They will reply u just after u hang up. I did this twice and both time they sent reply immediately after call.
Also keep calling FBI and keep requesting them to process ur request faster as u are close to deadline. They are nice and usually agree. I mean in ur particular case. U know they don't entertain faster processing otherwise.

I will easily work out. Don't worry. CIC has been very cooperative. Just obtain an email from FBI about how much time that will take. U need not over confuse things by talking about fee and all.
Good luck
Hi Sunil55,

Thank you so much for your detailed advise. I am not as worried as before. Hope that everything will work out.

Thank you again!

Cansen

Jun 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajanarth said:
Hi @Cansen, if I may ask do you know what date they are processing ?
I called them, they are saying processing date is 4th Jan and opening date 11 Jan.

But Jan 6th applicant's CC has been charged. Not sure what they are meaning as processing.

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cansen said:
I called them, they are saying processing date is 4th Jan and opening date 11 Jan.

But Jan 6th applicant's CC has been charged. Not sure what they are meaning as processing.
I believe the steps are as follows:

Open Package -> Payment (Charge CC) -> Process Finger Print -> Prepare Report -> Mail the report

Processing may mean "Process Finger Print" + "Prepare Report"

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Vivian613 said:
Hi Guys,

They should, they gave me a second, 90 day extension because the FBI rejected my first set of prints. Just make sure you attach your email trail with the FBI in the letter of explanation as substantive proof of what you are saying, and you should have no problem :)

siddhartha_gautama

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Aragorn165 said:
They should, they gave me a second, 90 day extension because the FBI rejected my first set of prints. Just make sure you attach your email trail with the FBI in the letter of explanation as substantive proof of what you are saying, and you should have no problem :)
Hi Aragorn:

For the benefit for everyone, please provide details of how did you apply for extension, where you applied, what proofs/details included ?

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
siddhartha_gautama said:
Hi Aragorn:

For the benefit for everyone, please provide details of how did you apply for extension, where you applied, what proofs/details included ?
* I got my OINP nomination on November 2
* I sent FBI my first set of fingerprints on November 6. The FBI received them on November 13.
* I received my first ITA on November 17.
* On January 10, three days before the deadline to apply, I declined the ITA, because I did not have the FBI PCC in hand, and wanted to apply with a full packet.
* I received a second ITA on January 13
* I waited till the end of the ITA window to see if I would get my FBI report back- once it was clear I was not getting it back in time, and owing to the fact that my OINP nomination was due to expire in April, I decided to apply without the FBI PCC. I included a Letter of Explanation explaining all of this so far, and attaching my mail receipt and correspondence with the FBI as proof of my efforts to obtain the PCC on time.
* I applied on March 4, and got my AOR on March 4.
* CIC granted me an extension of 60 days for my FBI PCC in My CIC Profile.
* The FBI charged my credit card on March 5
* On March 7, I emailed the FBI to enquire whether the prints went through
* On March 9, the FBI told me my prints had been rejected
* On March 10, I went to a professional fingerprinting agency (I had done the first set of prints myself), had my prints done, and then mailed them via DHL on that day itself.
* On March 10, I raised a CSE with CIC, writing a second LoE, explaining that the first set of prints had been rejected, and I had acted as swiftly as possible, and done everything in my power to ensure the delay would be minimal, but requesting a second deadline extension. I attached in this letter a receipt from the place where I had my fingerprints done, the DHL receipt, the email trail with FBI where they confirmed my prints were rejected, and a copy of the fingerprint card I sent the FBI.
* On March 22, I received a reply to the CSE, which said that my CSE had been forwarded to the relevant entity.
* On March 31, I received a letter granting me a second, 90 day deadline that would extend my period of submission to June 29, 2016. A second upload field for the FBI PCC was opened up in My CIC (the one from the first extension is still there, too).

That's the story so far- sorry for it being so long, but I figured having a full timeline would help!

charan_yalala

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2015
Doc's Request.
01-01-2016
The below is latest update about FBI PCC

Fingerprints mailed - 03/Jan/16
Fingerprints received by FBI - 06/Jan16
Credit Card Charged - 06/Apr/16

So, my status will be Process Finger Prints. I will call the FBI on Monday and check whether the fingerprints went through and also if they mailed the package to my friends US Address.

mamaJM

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2016
Doc's Request.
FBI: 06-05-2016
AOR Received.
21-04-2016
Passport Req..
07-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2016
LANDED..........
07-01-2017
Ok guys, I have good news. FBI agreed to pull out my application to process my fingerprint, my CC was charged today. My hubby's prints were accepted and mine rejected on March 23. So I wrote them an email appealing for expedited processing, got a reply that it can't happen I have to wait, replied again to reconsider that I have been rejected twice now, I had already sent 3 different prints from 3 professionals on March 7. So I got another reply that there is no official expedition of requests but they will try, all that was last week, today cc was charged.
I just wanted to say if anyone has a similar situation of one spouse being rejected and another being accepted, please try appealling and don't give up even if they say no initially. I know I read on here that was why I tried it and I am glad it worked. Thanks everyone and good luck to those still waiting.

limon01

Jan 14, 2016
Has anybody received his FBI PCC in Montreal address? How long did it take for the mail to be delivered?

Cheers

KSwathy

Nov 4, 2015
Hello Everyone,
I have sent FBI PCC thru Case Specific Enquiry and haven't yet heard back from them, it is already 10 days since i raised a CSE.
Earlier I have requested for an extension thru Express Entry profile (by adding LOE) on the due date (Feb 29, 2016) and dint get reply on that either.
Can you all please suggest on how should I proceed further? Haven't got any help from Customer Care folks either.. :( :(

Thank you.