Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
sunil55 said:
Hi ......congrats

Can u plz enlighten me about the extension part. I mean did u get extension ? How many days? Did u have to ask for second extension? Plz elaborate ur story .......I would be thankful.
I was hoping against hope that I will get it within time frame. But looks like I will have to ask for second extension.

I will appreciate input from anyone. Has anyone got second extension?
Plz reply
Well my case was a bit lucky in a way. I applied almost a month before my ITA (back in July), so once I submitted my application, my FBI report was almost already in my mailbox. I got it several days after my AOR. BUT, there were some issue with the address change and when I received a physical report to my changed address, it was showing that my husband's fingerprints were not accepted. Immediately he applied for a new report (the one that just arrived two days ago), however, with a stroke of luck, the report that came to the old address (before we changed it) was just fine. And so we were able to submit our FBI records long time back (in November). Since we already sent a new application, we couldn't cancel it so we just let it be, and it arrived the other day.

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tocanadawego said:
Well my case was a bit lucky in a way. I applied almost a month before my ITA (back in July), so once I submitted my application, my FBI report was almost already in my mailbox. I got it several days after my AOR. BUT, there were some issue with the address change and when I received a physical report to my changed address, it was showing that my husband's fingerprints were not accepted. Immediately he applied for a new report (the one that just arrived two days ago), however, with a stroke of luck, the report that came to the old address (before we changed it) was just fine. And so we were able to submit our FBI records long time back (in November). Since we already sent a new application, we couldn't cancel it so we just let it be, and it arrived the other day.
According to report on one address ur hubby,s fingerprints were not accepted and report of same application on other address they were accepted. That's crazy and scary. Did I understand it wrongly ?

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
sunil55 said:
According to report on one address ur hubby,s fingerprints were not accepted and report of same application on other address they were accepted. That's crazy and scary. Did I understand it wrongly ?
You understood it correctly. They processed our application and sent the results to our address in Nepal. Both our fingerprints were accepted. However, they never processed our change of address which we sent about two months earlier. When i called them and they told me the reports were sent to Nepal and not our new address in US, I was really upset so they decided to reprint the reports free of charge and mail them to US address. Here hubby's fingerprints were rejected. Weird! A month later when we received our reports in Nepal, we had a surprise of the century.

2016canada

Feb 24, 2016
Hello! I have been following this forum for a while.
I am in a similar position as most of you. This is the timeline of my application:
Application reached FBI: January 11
TIA received: Feb 10
Deadline to submit application: April 9

Seeing the timeline for most of you, it looks highly improbable that I will receive my certificate before April 9.
I wanted to know if anyone received extension from CIC for submitting FBI certificate. If yes, please let us know the process? Also, would it be risky? As in would it lead to rejection of my aplication? I am confused if I should apply for extension (if that is an option) or decline ITA and get back in the pool. My score is 481.
Thanks a lot for your help!!!
Cheers!!

Starrk

Dec 8, 2015
I was initially asked to submit my PCC from FBI, and was given 60 days from that correspondence to submit it, I submitted a LOE right away (within 2 days) of receiving that correspondence, in which I attached the email from the FBI customer service, now a month later I have received another request for the FBI PCC and have been given 30 days from the date of this correspondence, It also says "however you may upload the document to your MyCIC account once you receive it", further it also says "Please refrain from uploading explanations and questions into MyCIC". I'm a little confused as I'm sure I will not have the PCC from FBI within the given 30 days from today (23rd of FEB 2016) as my application was delivered to the FBI on 6th Jan. Anyone else have similar experiences?? Also have you requested for an extension of the deadline for submitting the FBI clearance by sending in a LOE at "CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca" as it says to contact them at that address should I have any difficulties.

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tocanadawego said:
You understood it correctly. They processed our application and sent the results to our address in Nepal. Both our fingerprints were accepted. However, they never processed our change of address which we sent about two months earlier. When i called them and they told me the reports were sent to Nepal and not our new address in US, I was really upset so they decided to reprint the reports free of charge and mail them to US address. Here hubby's fingerprints were rejected. Weird! A month later when we received our reports in Nepal, we had a surprise of the century.

That's nice. Lucky you. So it so much depends upon the officer looking at fingerprints. Looks like one officer accepted those and another officer rejected. Good luck for journey ahead.

ginna.p

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Hello all!

I was wondering how long are the FBI certificates valid for?
I sent my fingerprints in December (probably won't get my PCC until around April) and I am still waiting for my provincial nomination.

I just want to make sure that my certificate is still valid by the time I submit my PR application.

Any feedback on this will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance & all the best!

sarabjitssingh

Star Member
Oct 1, 2010
Ludhiana Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2009
Doc's Request.
24-02-2010
Nomination.....
First AOR on 3 march 2010
AOR Received.
Second AOR recived on 24 june
IELTS Request
Send with Doc
File Transfer...
03-03-2010
Med's Request
6/jan/2011
Med's Done....
5/feb/2011
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
6/jan/2011
VISA ISSUED...
22 march 2011
LANDED..........
20 April 2011
Hello,
My PR is expire on june 2016 and I am not in Canada ,but I was in Canada in 2011, just want to check how many day I have to stay for PR renew.

or its no more use to come back to canada

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ginna.p said:
Hello all!

I was wondering how long are the FBI certificates valid for?
I sent my fingerprints in December (probably won't get my PCC until around April) and I am still waiting for my provincial nomination.

I just want to make sure that my certificate is still valid by the time I submit my PR application.

Any feedback on this will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance & all the best!
If you no longer live in US there is no expiry.

mudit234

Feb 22, 2016
Hi all,

Been on this thread for a few months, first time posting.

My credit card was charged today (Feb 25) and I have 10 days left to submit my application. I live in Bay Area (California). Do you think I would get it in the next 10 days or should I file for an extension.

Timeline:
FBI application received: Nov 05, 2015
Credit Card charged: Feb 25, 2016

2016canada

Feb 24, 2016
I would be in a similar situation as you. How exactly do you apply for an extension? In the ITA letter, it says "no extensions would be granted" but I have seen a few people get it. I am still confused how to go about requesting the extension. Thanks!

RV_13

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
mudit234 said:
Hi all,

Been on this thread for a few months, first time posting.

My credit card was charged today (Feb 25) and I have 10 days left to submit my application. I live in Bay Area (California). Do you think I would get it in the next 10 days or should I file for an extension.

Timeline:
FBI application received: Nov 05, 2015
Credit Card charged: Feb 25, 2016
Hi Mudit234,

Even my application reached on 5th Nov but i still dont see charge on my credit card. I m in US as well.
We dont need to authorize the payment in any way from our end..right?