+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC

lionel_messi

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Seniors,

Can anyone comment if CIC keeps working on our application in the meantime or they just wait for PCC to proceed further?

OR-ZOON

Dec 22, 2015
Guys, my credit card has finally been charged today (Jan 6). My document was delivered on Sept 17, 2015. I hope my finger prints are accepted. I am expecting at least another 10 days for the report to be delivered to my US address in Texas. The wait is too too terrible. I waited for 16 weeks (4 months). I wish you all good luck.

skyisthelimit

Oct 30, 2015
My question is also same as that of lionel_messi. Can somebody please guide (in a scenario when the application has been submitted and CIC has given time extension for FBI PCC to be submitted) if CIC waits for FBI PCC to be submitted or simultaneously processes the application? Thank You so much.

skyisthelimit

Oct 30, 2015
Thanks for informing OR-ZOON. I think fingerprints submitted till 16th September were processed/opened before holidays. Staff must have rejoined this Monday and I am hoping they will be quite proactive now. Since, you have given a US address, it might save some reasonable delivery time. I guess you will receive your PCC next week.

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

Sorry for the delayed update here.. Finally things started to move for me.

My Time lines Below..

Date my application reached FBI - 16th Sep 2015
Date my Credit card was charged - 30th Dec 2015
Date my Application was processed and mailed - 31st Dec 2015

I'm waiting for my report delivery to India. Hope fully within the next 2 weeks I should get it.

I'll update the date as soon as I get it.

@ Messi

we might have to check with people who have submitted the FBI PCC, if CIC had requested any further documents post submission or if the status went to decision made. I'll update you all on this as my application proceeds post submitting the FBI PCC. I have already got the request to pay the RPRF (which I did within a day).

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
Thanks for the update. Hope you will receive the FBI report soon.

I noticed, from your timeline, that you submitted the PR application on Oct 14, approximately 3 weeks before your deadline (ie 60 days after receipt of ITA), while waiting for the FBI report.

I have seen advice given on this forum stating that, in cases where FBI report is being awaited, it would be better to submit the application closer to the deadline (e.g., a few days before), with a letter explaining the situation.

What is your take on this?

My deadline to submit is Jan 26, and I have everything ready except the dreadful FBI report (which I expect to receive by the end of February).

aeropostale said:
Hello Guys,

Sorry for the delayed update here.. Finally things started to move for me.

My Time lines Below..

Date my application reached FBI - 16th Sep 2015
Date my Credit card was charged - 30th Dec 2015
Date my Application was processed and mailed - 31st Dec 2015

I'm waiting for my report delivery to India. Hope fully within the next 2 weeks I should get it.

I'll update the date as soon as I get it.

@ Messi

we might have to check with people who have submitted the FBI PCC, if CIC had requested any further documents post submission or if the status went to decision made. I'll update you all on this as my application proceeds post submitting the FBI PCC. I have already got the request to pay the RPRF (which I did within a day).

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ybjianada said:
Thanks for the update. Hope you will receive the FBI report soon.

I noticed, from your timeline, that you submitted the PR application on Oct 14, approximately 3 weeks before your deadline (ie 60 days after receipt of ITA), while waiting for the FBI report.

I have seen advice given on this forum stating that, in cases where FBI report is being awaited, it would be better to submit the application closer to the deadline (e.g., a few days before), with a letter explaining the situation.

What is your take on this?

My deadline to submit is Jan 26, and I have everything ready except the dreadful FBI report (which I expect to receive by the end of February).
See... go ahead and submit your application with the LOE under the additional documents to upload and in the Police certificate section of your application. I had done the same.. and once my medicals were passed, I got a separate request for FBI PCC with a 60 day extension.. If you are expecting yours by the end of Feb, then no need to worry and just submit the application..

CIC is well aware of the FBI PCC delay..

Also I have read in the forum that some have not been able to submit very close to the deadline...

I hope this helps..

RV_13

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
Hi All,

Just called the FBI..they are now processing Sept 22nd batch..

Mine is Nov 5th delivered to FBI ofc and CIC deadline for submission is 26th Jan..not sure if I should ask CIC for an extension right away or do it just before 26th.
Any suggestion?

Also, if they are taking 15 weeks plus the delivery time, it can then extend till last week of Feb or 1st week of March. When requesting for an extension, do I have to mention the time I need or CIC does at their own discretion?

Is is possible to get any email from the FBI which can be attached as proof to CIC?

Please suggest!

jleaniz

Jan 8, 2016
Hey

I am also on the same boat as you are. My deadline to submit the FBI PCC is Jan 26.

The FBI PCC application was delivered to FBI CJIS on Sept 28th, so i'm not sure i'll make the deadline.

What i'm going to do is wait until Jan 25th and if i don't have the PCC yet i'll request an extension and show proof that my CC has been charged and also mention that the FBI added an additional 2 weeks delay this month.

Hope that helps

RV_13

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
jleaniz said:
Hey

I am also on the same boat as you are. My deadline to submit the FBI PCC is Jan 26.

The FBI PCC application was delivered to FBI CJIS on Sept 28th, so i'm not sure i'll make the deadline.

What i'm going to do is wait until Jan 25th and if i don't have the PCC yet i'll request an extension and show proof that my CC has been charged and also mention that the FBI added an additional 2 weeks delay this month.

Hope that helps
Thanks Jleaniz..you should receive it by Jan 26th. Did you provide US mailing address?

In case i dnt have my CC charged till the deadline date, what should be the right docs to include then..the courier receipt and delivery confirmation will do?

USIndian

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Hi,

I got my ITA on December 18th with a deadline of February 16th. My PCC application reached the FBI on October 27th.

My score is 470. Since they are still processing applications from September 22nd, it may be difficult to get my report before February 16th.

I am confused. Should I decline my ITA and wait for the next drawing or submit my application without PCC?

I am just worried that submitting without FBI PCC will cause a lot of delays in processing my application. I already decline the ITA from November. But looks like the FBI has become slower. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

lionel_messi

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
USIndian said:
Hi,

I got my ITA on December 18th with a deadline of February 16th. My PCC application reached the FBI on October 27th.

My score is 470. Since they are still processing applications from September 22nd, it may be difficult to get my report before February 16th.

I am confused. Should I decline my ITA and wait for the next drawing or submit my application without PCC?

I am just worried that submitting without FBI PCC will cause a lot of delays in processing my application. I already decline the ITA from November. But looks like the FBI has become slower. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!
Do it like everyone! Apply with LOE and let it process. Going by previous draws, your score is on the threshold, may not come up in next few draws if you decline it now.

OR-ZOON

Dec 22, 2015
This is really disappointing to share you all that fingerprints for both me and my wife are rejected. I actually called FBI today and I was told that they were rejected because the prints were heavily inked. I had it taken from a police department (had included only 1 copy for each of us). This is so frustating. :-[ Waited for 4 long months to hear this. The lady on the phone said I had to start all over again. I don't know if I am left with any other option other than to reapply again. ??? Can anyone give me some genuine advice.