sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aeropostale said:
Hi Sunil55,

Congrats...

just wanted to ask..

This 90 day extension is on top of your earlier extension that you got post submission of application..?? or if this is your first extension..?

Did you upload the LOE in the myCIC portal or did you raise a CSE with the LOE...

Hi
I never needed FBI PCC because I never stayed in USA for six months. So I submitted application without it and never applied for it and never knew that I can be asked for it.

Nov 16 I got additional document request which was FBI PCC and the provided 30 days to submit. That is when I applied to FBI. But u know it cannot be obtained in 30 days. I raised a CSE on 18 Nov but no reply till date. Then I uploaded LOE on Dec 12 that deadline (dec16) is approaching and no way I can obtain this document in 30 days asking for extension. LOE was uploaded in place of document in the upload link they created on my CIC. In LOE I also requested to waive off this document request as I never stayed in USA for more than six months. They did not waive off but provided extension of 90 days on Dec 14 . A new upload link has appeared on my CIC.
Hope it helps
Good luck

arc_1090

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
aikrish said:
Hello all,

I was thinking to start my US PCC process (am from India) once ITA is issued.

Looking at the awful Turn Around Time many of you are facing, I am thinking to start my process now itself.

Pls advise

Regards,
AiKrish
I believe you can initiate the process at your will, but be aware of the fact that the FBI - Identity summary request (PCC) is valid only for 6 months.
If that date passes by until you receive your ITA, you would have to re-apply for the same.

In the end, it actually depends on the draws and the min. CRS points determined with each draw, along with the time taken for you to receive an ITA based on your CRS points.

Goodluck with your application!

DSM

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 24, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 12, 2015
File Transfer...
April 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 9, 2016
Hi guys, sharing my timeline

FBI received my application - Aug 31, 2015
Processed - Dec 4, 2015
Received at a US address - Dec 14, 2015

Good luck to all those who are waiting :)

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arc_1090 said:
I believe you can initiate the process at your will, but be aware of the fact that the FBI - Identity summary request (PCC) is valid only for 6 months.
If that date passes by until you receive your ITA, you would have to re-apply for the same.

In the end, it actually depends on the draws and the min. CRS points determined with each draw, along with the time taken for you to receive an ITA based on your CRS points.

Goodluck with your application!
Not entirely true....

the 6 month rule will only come into play if AiKrish is residing in USA presently... if you (AiKrish) are residing currently anywhere else then go ahead and apply for it...

The CIC askes for the PCC within the last6 months of submitting the application only in the residing country... for all other countries that one has previously resided for a continuous period of 6 months and more can be gathered before hand.

Cheers

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunil55 said:
Hi
I never needed FBI PCC because I never stayed in USA for six months. So I submitted application without it and never applied for it and never knew that I can be asked for it.

Nov 16 I got additional document request which was FBI PCC and the provided 30 days to submit. That is when I applied to FBI. But u know it cannot be obtained in 30 days. I raised a CSE on 18 Nov but no reply till date. Then I uploaded LOE on Dec 12 that deadline (dec16) is approaching and no way I can obtain this document in 30 days asking for extension. LOE was uploaded in place of document in the upload link they created on my CIC. In LOE I also requested to waive off this document request as I never stayed in USA for more than six months. They did not waive off but provided extension of 90 days on Dec 14 . A new upload link has appeared on my CIC.
Hope it helps
Good luck
Sorry to hear about it..

My deadline is tomorrow... and I have submitted CSE on 15th December for an extension.. The thing is that the Deadline in the myCIC portal is showing 6th January 2016 for submission..

I'm not uploading it to the myCIC portal as I believe I'll get my PCC within the 6th... and i'll have it uploaded..

Do you think this is a better approach...? or you recommend me to upload the LOE in the myCIC as well..

by the way what all did you upload int he myCIC portal and what what did you write for the info that is asked before the upload... as in date/report number etc....

Plus how long did it take for them to give you an extension from the time you uploaded in the myCIC portal...

You inputs would be valuable... as I'm nearing deadline, I'm getting very anxious.. Thank you..

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aeropostale said:
Sorry to hear about it..

My deadline is tomorrow... and I have submitted CSE on 15th December for an extension.. The thing is that the Deadline in the myCIC portal is showing 6th January 2016 for submission..

I'm not uploading it to the myCIC portal as I believe I'll get my PCC within the 6th... and i'll have it uploaded..

Do you think this is a better approach...? or you recommend me to upload the LOE in the myCIC as well..

by the way what all did you upload int he myCIC portal and what what did you write for the info that is asked before the upload... as in date/report number etc....

Plus how long did it take for them to give you an extension from the time you uploaded in the myCIC portal...

You inputs would be valuable... as I'm nearing deadline, I'm getting very anxious.. Thank you..

I think u upload LOE on my CIC ....if I were u I would have done that ........because CIC thing is handled by diff people where my CIC LOE will go directly to the visa officer who asked for document. If he sees that dead line has passed and u did not do anything they might not consider is right. I and many others never got response to CSE.

In LOE I wrote that my stay in USA was less than six months so I never applied for FBI PCC. I applied only after CIC requested for it and it take 11 to 13 weeks to obtain this document according to FBI website. So plz consider waiving it off or provide extension. ( not exact words but this is what I mentioned)
In the end I attached my courier slip of FBI application, the delivery of application at FBI status screen shot, FBI website screen shot where they say it takes 11 to 13 weeks. I also added my passport stamp pages to show that my stay was less than six months.

You can write LOE that FBI is taking long time but u are close to end. Ur card is charged and application is processed and u expect it very soon ( mention in weeks ). U can add u courier slip , delivery status screen shot, credit card charged proof , any email from FBI about processing if u have obtained or just mention that u talked to their customer care and they informed that u are being processed.

From my experience ...u will get reply and extension and new upload portal within 2 to 3 days of ur LOE. not doing any action can be risky as CSE is delt by diff people and u don't know how much backlog they have , they may not have even looked at ur CSE by now and if deadline passes visa officer will think u did not act at all

I pray that things get sorted out soon
Good luck
Keep us updated

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunil55 said:
I think u upload LOE on my CIC ....if I were u I would have done that ........because CIC thing is handled by diff people where my CIC LOE will go directly to the visa officer who asked for document. If he sees that dead line has passed and u did not do anything they might not consider is right. I and many others never got response to CSE.

In LOE I wrote that my stay in USA was less than six months so I never applied for FBI PCC. I applied only after CIC requested for it and it take 11 to 13 weeks to obtain this document according to FBI website. So plz consider waiving it off or provide extension. ( not exact words but this is what I mentioned)
In the end I attached my courier slip of FBI application, the delivery of application at FBI status screen shot, FBI website screen shot where they say it takes 11 to 13 weeks. I also added my passport stamp pages to show that my stay was less than six months.

You can write LOE that FBI is taking long time but u are close to end. Ur card is charged and application is processed and u expect it very soon ( mention in weeks ). U can add u courier slip , delivery status screen shot, credit card charged proof , any email from FBI about processing if u have obtained or just mention that u talked to their customer care and they informed that u are being processed.

From my experience ...u will get reply and extension and new upload portal within 2 to 3 days of ur LOE. not doing any action can be risky as CSE is delt by diff people and u don't know how much backlog they have , they may not have even looked at ur CSE by now and if deadline passes visa officer will think u did not act at all

I pray that things get sorted out soon
Good luck
Keep us updated
Thanks Sunil,

Will be uploading it today..

What did you enter for Document name, Document number, issuing country, issuing data and expiry date..

Will keep you posted..

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aeropostale said:
Thanks Sunil,

Will be uploading it today..

What did you enter for Document name, Document number, issuing country, issuing data and expiry date..

Will keep you posted..
Document name ... Letter of explanation
Document number .....000000
Issuing country .......India. ( as I m writing LOE)
Issue date ......I put the courier sent date
Expiry date .....I put courier reaching date. That was not working ... I put any random date

All in all just put anything there .....I was also anxious about it .....but these don't matter ....everyone here also told me the same and it worked for me.
Don't forget to sign the submission. It will say document uploaded but not transmitted. Don't leave just there. I will ask to to I guess agree to some conditions and then click on sign and submit. I guess some security question will also pop up What I mean to say is uploading is not all. There are some further steps. Make sure to complete those. Because I was going to make mistake here. When it said document uploaded I was going to sign out.

Good luck

lionel_messi

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aeropostale said:
Sorry to hear about it..

Please upload LOE asking for some more time. Dont do what you are planning to do. Better not to leave anything on chance, I would suggest.

charan_yalala

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2015
Doc's Request.
01-01-2016
sunil55 said:
Hey friend.
I m new on this thread. I went to USA 3 times in 3 diff years and always stayed less than 6 months Since I never lived there more than six months in a row I was thinking I don't need FBI certs. I applied on Aug 6 FSW Outland Now I got additional document request of FBI certs to be submitted in 30 days I m freaking out. Since I never lived there for six or more months in a row isn't this request unnecessary. Still I immediately applied to FBI but u know it takes much longer than 30 days. I have sent a CSE asking to exempt me from this document or provide me extension in date to submit. What do u feel ......I how many days they usually reply to CSE and what are the chances of getting date extension. Will FBI report through channeler be of any help
Plz guide me
Hello Sunil,

I just wanted to know how CIC has found out that you have stayed in USA. Have you mentioned in the Schedule A background and Supplementary travel information. Also, do we need to scan all the documents of the passport in CIC.

Thanks and will appreciate your response