+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC

NoCanDoIt

Oct 21, 2017
I think I saw back in this thread or a similar one that someone got rejected twice for fingerprint quality then submitted a detailed LOE about that with his state done PCC and requested that the application proceed like that and it did and he got his PPR. Not sure if this varies from officer to officer as some might be granted extra extension and that's it.
Thanks! It is good to know...

NoCanDoIt

Oct 21, 2017
Can I apply FBI PCC before receiving NOI ? If so, what is the validity of PCC ?
Below is from the CIC website. Decide your timeline based on your situation (see in red below), keeping in mind the 14 weeks processing time currently required for the FBI clearance... unless you are eligible to apply through an channeler. Hope that helps.

Who needs a police certificate?
In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate.

You may need a police certificate from any country or territory that you have spent six months or more since the age of 18.

For example: if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

• are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory

richacanadapr17

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
Happy Monday Guys. Hope they started With August applications Today. My friend with 31 July got his PCC approved and will be mailed to him. WIll update his timeline.

itsmervv

Jun 30, 2017
Hello please guide.
I am in India Mumbai and will need to get a fbi clearance as i have stayed there in bits and pieces for about a little over 6 months. I got nominated today but have been having nightmares since fbi pcc takes 12 to 16 weeks @$18.
I have contacted few agencies that so expedited process and charge a VERY HEFTY PRICE almost 22 thousand Indian currency to get it in 10 days. Need help from this group please on below.
1) cic site says fbi takes almost 60 days and that i can submit documents and provide proof that i applied for the pcc. Does this mean i can upload documents after ita and provide pcc when it arrives.
2) if i do that will cic start processing my application although fbi pcc not received. I will be able to get Indian pcc in 2 days but fbi will take good time and it may not even come before 90 days which is the time limit to upload all supporting after ita. What will happen I such a case.
3) if i wait close to 90 days to receive fbi pcc and then upload my docs my entire process will take time and it may take almost 9 months in total to get copr which will take it almost August for me to land in ontario and it will be winter and job market i heard is typically down tht time. I want to reach as early as possible and avoid any delay in processing since i plan to initially go there alone get a job and bring my family and 2 kids later but any delay can jeopardise my entire calculation as we get only 1 year to land after medicals and if i don't get job my family will need to come and go back only to get pr. My condition is tricky please help.

jitender66

Nov 6, 2017
Hi, Can anyone please tell me if it is required to submit state PCC from USA along with FBI PCC for express entry? and for how long is FBI PCC valid? my spouse has FBI PCC from Aug 26th 2017, is it valid till Feb 25th 2018?

senthilpriya

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Boston, United States
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
Doc's Request.
20-10-2017
Nomination.....
27-06-2017
AOR Received.
21-09-2017
Med's Done....
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
05-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2018
LANDED..........
20-02-2019
Hello please guide.
I am in India Mumbai and will need to get a fbi clearance as i have stayed there in bits and pieces for about a little over 6 months. I got nominated today but have been having nightmares since fbi pcc takes 12 to 16 weeks @$18.
I have contacted few agencies that so expedited process and charge a VERY HEFTY PRICE almost 22 thousand Indian currency to get it in 10 days. Need help from this group please on below.
1) cic site says fbi takes almost 60 days and that i can submit documents and provide proof that i applied for the pcc. Does this mean i can upload documents after ita and provide pcc when it arrives.
2) if i do that will cic start processing my application although fbi pcc not received. I will be able to get Indian pcc in 2 days but fbi will take good time and it may not even come before 90 days which is the time limit to upload all supporting after ita. What will happen I such a case.
3) if i wait close to 90 days to receive fbi pcc and then upload my docs my entire process will take time and it may take almost 9 months in total to get copr which will take it almost August for me to land in ontario and it will be winter and job market i heard is typically down tht time. I want to reach as early as possible and avoid any delay in processing since i plan to initially go there alone get a job and bring my family and 2 kids later but any delay can jeopardise my entire calculation as we get only 1 year to land after medicals and if i don't get job my family will need to come and go back only to get pr. My condition is tricky please help.
You have to start FBI Clearance immediately and you dont need to worry about validity as you are not residing currently in US.
1. Firstly your FBI clearance requested cannot be expedited unless you hold a GC or Citizenship. The agency is lying.
2. You can submit your PR application attaching the proof of application, ie.. courier receipts, application scans. Also provide information about it in the LOE.
3. Meanwhile you can delay submitting your PR application a bit to buy sometime. After you submit, CIC will take sometime to get back to you on the PCC and allow 60 days for submission and within that time you will be able to get that.
4. Also do medical close to submission of your appllication and so hope to be valid till the entire process is complete.
5. Job.. You need to do lot of homework and hope it is not going to be easy whether it is winter or summer