Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
PUNE
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pats2177 said:
Yes DiNav, I had mentioned my full address along with the pin code of the area and everything. I normally put this address everywhere and the post reaches me without any trouble, in fact there has never been any trouble as the society that I live in is old and well known.

As an alternate and from what I have read on the internet, I think its better to go for the US address. So I am planning to order another copy on the US address of my uncle. I know I will have to go through with the pain of address change form to be filled and faxing it to FBI and everything but can't take any more risks with the Indian address.

Any other opinions from you or any one in the forum is welcome before I go for ordering another copy once 4 weeks are passed.

Regards
Finally received my pcc today. My timeline as below:

FBI application sent: 27-Oct
CC swipe: 09-Dec
FBI pcc dispatched by FBI: 18-Dec
FBI pcc received: 18-Jan

So guys do not get worked up if your pcc arrives after 4 to 5 weeks post dispatch from FBI. For addresses outside of US, it takes 4 to 5 weeks and within US, it takes 2 to 3 weeks to arrive.

Regards

ankushskapoor

Jan 17, 2017
pats2177 said:
Finally received my pcc today. My timeline as below:

FBI application sent: 27-Oct
CC swipe: 09-Dec
FBI pcc dispatched by FBI: 18-Dec
FBI pcc received: 18-Jan

So guys do not get worked up if your pcc arrives after 4 to 5 weeks post dispatch from FBI. For addresses outside of US, it takes 4 to 5 weeks and within US, it takes 2 to 3 weeks to arrive.

Regards
This is correct. Anything shipped from the US by normal mail takes 4-5 weeks (~30 days) to reach India. I had a similar experience with my transcripts earlier. It reached on the 30th day.

ankushskapoor

Jan 17, 2017
Hello,

This is for the people mainly in Mumbai.

I got my fingerprinting done from -

Fingerprint Bureau
European Bunglow 2nd Floor, Opp. Mata Ramabai Ambedkar Marg Police Station, Crawford Market, Near Haj House, Mumbai - 400 001.
Hours: 10 a.m to 6 p.m. Phone: (022) 2262-0348
Monday through Friday*. *The office is closed on 2nd and 4th Saturday’s of each month and other National holidays.

They are the only government agency who does fingerprinting in Mumbai. They are also listed in the approved list of the US Embassy.

They are located in a small very old looking building next to the police station.

Cost is Rs. 500/- for 1 copy of prints. But if you tell them that sometimes prints are rejected, they will give you 2 sets in the same cost. I spoke to the office person and got 4 sets done and said I will pay 500 twice. But when the senior officer came he said they will not give 4, since they give only 1 (or max 2) for one country/purpose. So I asked them to give me the best 2.

I went there at 10:00 am sharp. The whole process took me 3 hours. Actually I could have saved 1 hour, but they had some inspection going on the same day and most of them were busy with that. Actually I got lucky that they took my case that day, since they were discussing not taking anyone because of the inspection.

Documents to be carried -
FD-258 - I took 5 copies. They will take 3 sets of prints - 2 they will give you and 1 they will keep for their records. I suggest carry 5 in case there is any mistake.
Black Pen - they insisted that I fill the FD-258 form with black pen. I did not have one and I borrowed from them.
2 Blank Papers - you have to write a brief application letter. They might give you a blank sheet. I took 2. I suggest you take them too.
At Least 4 Address/Identity Proofs (plus Passport) - I had taken Aadhar card (take the full big one since it has an extra number which the new smart cards don't - I got lucky that I had both), Pan card, Driving License, Ration Card and Passport. You can also take Electricity bill, gas bill, etc. You need to take one copy of each and all originals.
1 passport photo - I took 2, but you need only one.

Process -
Meet one officer who takes your case.
Fill the application letter and list the documents you will be submitting.
Give self-attested photocopies of all document and show originals.
Wait to be taken to the back of the office where they will take you prints.
Ink based fingerprinting done. They actually take pride that they do a good job, and they say ink based is better that digital.
Wait for fingerprints to be verified.
Show all originals to one more senior official.
Show all originals to the main officer. Pay the fees, sign the receipt and the register.
Done

Later I took the 2 sets of prints they gave me and went to get them scanned.
Documents Scanned -
Filled Application Information Form - I did not scan the CC form.
2 sets of fingerprints
Receipt from the government office.

From there ran straight to the FedEx center and send the documents (Application form, 2 sets of fingerprints and CC form) to the FBI via international priority (cost was Rs. 3650/-).

This all was done on 18-Jan-2017. FedEx told me it should reach by 20-Jan-2017.

Charldr

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I'm applying for FBI PCC from South Africa for my wife who lived in the US for approximately 1 year. We are submitting it on our own and not going through any agency or anything.

Please would someone assist me with a few questions I have.

• What address do we put on the application form? Her address in the US when she was there, the address in South Africa we lived at during the before and after the period she lived there, or our current address in South Africa?
  • When my wife lived in the US, we weren't married yet. She has now taken my surname. Which name should we put on the application form? Or should we use her current name and put nee maiden name in brackets?
  • What is to be filled out in "Employer and Address" on the fingerprint card if she is self employed? This is what is given on the information sheet "2. IDENTITY OF PRIVATE CONTRACTORS SHOULD BE SHOWN IN SPACE “EMPLOYER AND ADDRESS”. THE CONTRIBUTOR IS THE NAME OF THE AGENCY SUBMITTING THE FINGERPRINT CARD TO THE FBI.
  • Our postal system in South Africa is quite unreliable and I would prefer not to use a postal address as the return mail address and rather use my residential address. I saw somewhere that the FBI sends the completed forms with UPS. Does this mean that it will only be with UPS until it arrives on South African shores where it will then be given to the South African postal service, or does it mean that it will be with UPS until my door step similar to if someone had to courier something to me?

Your assistance in this regard would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
ankushskapoor said:
Hello,

This is for the people mainly in Mumbai.

I got my fingerprinting done from -

Fingerprint Bureau
European Bunglow 2nd Floor, Opp. Mata Ramabai Ambedkar Marg Police Station, Crawford Market, Near Haj House, Mumbai - 400 001.
Hours: 10 a.m to 6 p.m. Phone: (022) 2262-0348
Monday through Friday*. *The office is closed on 2nd and 4th Saturday’s of each month and other National holidays.

They are the only government agency who does fingerprinting in Mumbai. They are also listed in the approved list of the US Embassy.

They are located in a small very old looking building next to the police station.

Cost is Rs. 500/- for 1 copy of prints. But if you tell them that sometimes prints are rejected, they will give you 2 sets in the same cost. I spoke to the office person and got 4 sets done and said I will pay 500 twice. But when the senior officer came he said they will not give 4, since they give only 1 (or max 2) for one country/purpose. So I asked them to give me the best 2.

I went there at 10:00 am sharp. The whole process took me 3 hours. Actually I could have saved 1 hour, but they had some inspection going on the same day and most of them were busy with that. Actually I got lucky that they took my case that day, since they were discussing not taking anyone because of the inspection.

Documents to be carried -
FD-258 - I took 5 copies. They will take 3 sets of prints - 2 they will give you and 1 they will keep for their records. I suggest carry 5 in case there is any mistake.
Black Pen - they insisted that I fill the FD-258 form with black pen. I did not have one and I borrowed from them.
2 Blank Papers - you have to write a brief application letter. They might give you a blank sheet. I took 2. I suggest you take them too.
At Least 4 Address/Identity Proofs (plus Passport) - I had taken Aadhar card (take the full big one since it has an extra number which the new smart cards don't - I got lucky that I had both), Pan card, Driving License, Ration Card and Passport. You can also take Electricity bill, gas bill, etc. You need to take one copy of each and all originals.
1 passport photo - I took 2, but you need only one.

Process -
Meet one officer who takes your case.
Fill the application letter and list the documents you will be submitting.
Give self-attested photocopies of all document and show originals.
Wait to be taken to the back of the office where they will take you prints.
Ink based fingerprinting done. They actually take pride that they do a good job, and they say ink based is better that digital.
Wait for fingerprints to be verified.
Show all originals to one more senior official.
Show all originals to the main officer. Pay the fees, sign the receipt and the register.
Done

Later I took the 2 sets of prints they gave me and went to get them scanned.
Documents Scanned -
Filled Application Information Form - I did not scan the CC form.
2 sets of fingerprints
Receipt from the government office.

From there ran straight to the FedEx center and send the documents (Application form, 2 sets of fingerprints and CC form) to the FBI via international priority (cost was Rs. 3650/-).

This all was done on 18-Jan-2017. FedEx told me it should reach by 20-Jan-2017.
Good one. Thanks for the detailed post. I got mine done the same way in my city but mine was rejected by FBI saying it has poor quality of fingerprints. So can you please let us know here when you get your fingerprint results? If yours is successful then next time I too can get it done from Mumbai. I hope they do it for people from any city right?

ankushskapoor

Jan 17, 2017
DiNaV said:
Good one. Thanks for the detailed post. I got mine done the same way in my city but mine was rejected by FBI saying it has poor quality of fingerprints. So can you please let us know here when you get your fingerprint results? If yours is successful then next time I too can get it done from Mumbai. I hope they do it for people from any city right?
I got mine fingerprints done on 18-Jan-2017 and my package was delivered to the FBI on 20-Jan-2017....so I guess it may be a while before I come to know the acceptance.....

but when it progresses I will definitely keep the forum updated.....

As far as city is concerned...i am guessing you will have a law enforcement agency in you city that can do it for you....kindly check....

Jerrie86

Star Member
Sep 1, 2016
USA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/11/2016
Nomination.....
15/11/2016
PCC received: Nov 21
FBI approved date: Jan 15th
PCC received: Jan 22nd.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
ankushskapoor said:
I got mine fingerprints done on 18-Jan-2017 and my package was delivered to the FBI on 20-Jan-2017....so I guess it may be a while before I come to know the acceptance.....

but when it progresses I will definitely keep the forum updated.....

As far as city is concerned...i am guessing you will have a law enforcement agency in you city that can do it for you....kindly check....
I did get it done in my city from a police officer but mine were rejected by FBI.

Jan 24, 2017
Does anyone know which date of mail has FBI opened till now?

My application was received by FBI on 14 December 2016. Anyone has a similar date as mine? have you got the credit card swiped?

Jan 24, 2017
fionaqixiaozheng said:
Does anyone know which date of mail has FBI opened till now?

My application was received by FBI on 14 December 2016. Anyone has a similar date as mine? have you got the credit card swiped?
Just to update my credit card was charged today 24 Jan at 2:00pm. haha... hope can receive it within one month.

Sarah Guppy

Nov 24, 2016
Hi folks,

This is my (rookie) first post.
Just wanted to share my FBI PCC experience, since all of your updates has helped me a lot.

My husband and I did fingerprinting at the local police station.
We sent both of our applications in one package, with credit card payment form for $36 and one fingerprint card each.

Application was delivered on Nov 28, 2016.
Credit card swiped on Jan 09, 2017.

FBI report (spouse's) generated on Jan 17, 2017.
Report received on Jan 21, 2017.

FBI report (mine) generated on Jan 19, 2017.
Report received on Jan 23, 2017.

t_p

Sep 20, 2016
o_o said:
Personal Request to Anyone Calling up the FBI:
You can call up the FBI at (304) 625-5590 8 AM to 8 PM Eastern, Mon to Fri.

If you happen to call up the FBI for any reason, at the end of your call please, please, please ask them the Golden Question ;D:

What is the receipt date of the applicants they are processing today?

If you find out this information, please post in this thread. This would help other's on this thread :-* to estimate when they would get theirs.

My guess is that ever since the IT upgrade, they were processing applications received on Aug 5. And for the next month and a half, it has stayed on the same date. In fact I think next week they would increase the message on their estimate from 12 weeks to something greater, because they don't seem to be have done anything since the IT upgrade.

To those who have sent the FBI Application more than 3 to 4 weeks ago:

Please call up the FBI to make sure your application is in their system, and complete. One of the members found out that they lost his fingerprints, though he had originally sent it in. You don't want any surprises if this is going to take over 3 months. If you can, try to get your FBI Reference number so that you can help them pull up the application again the next time you call. (It is a 7 digit number, all digits.) Finally, don't forget to ask them the Golden Question

Finally, to those who have not yet applied:

Please apply immediately, and send multiple fingerprints. That way if one gets rejected, they can use the alternate.
Oh.. finding this no. here saved a lot of headache and trouble for me. Thanks for posting this here, its not mentioned on Identity history website as well or Its not easily visible for sure. I'm still in a dilemma whether to reject my ITA, wait for the next draw in 3 weeks and apply through that ITA. Since I have the pnp nomination, I do think that I'll get the ITA for sure (the score now is 1028). Called this no. and the guy said it'd take 2-4 weeks to leave from our office so I'm taking 5 weeks max to reach a US address. My current ITA expires in 4 days.
Welcome any suggestions or opinions on this scenario. Many Thanks.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
t_p said:
Oh.. finding this no. here saved a lot of headache and trouble for me. Thanks for posting this here, its not mentioned on Identity history website as well or Its not easily visible for sure. I'm still in a dilemma whether to reject my ITA, wait for the next draw in 3 weeks and apply through that ITA. Since I have the pnp nomination, I do think that I'll get the ITA for sure (the score now is 1028). Called this no. and the guy said it'd take 2-4 weeks to leave from our office so I'm taking 5 weeks max to reach a US address. My current ITA expires in 4 days.
Welcome any suggestions or opinions on this scenario. Many Thanks.
Can't you request CIC more time instead to submit PCC of declining ITA? I have heard that they give two 60 day extensions.