Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016, medical furtherance done: 07-05-2016
Passport Req..
13-05-2016
ben83 said:
Hello all

Will I get a notification email from the FBI if my prints are not accepted? What evidence do I present to the Canadian embassy if I need to request an extension?

Thanks
You can write a letter of explanation that the FBI processing takes 12 -14 weeks as stated in their website,attach a copy of your waybill with its tracking number.ithese should be fine as they are used to this situation...hope that helps.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
vikassinghal said:
Asking again...
I am thinking we might not have enough participants from NDVO here. May be the below thread (some other ndvo thread) members can help.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-2014-applicants-t180473.23490.html

Elizasalaz

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Hi to all !

Given that some of us are on the same situation of waiting for the FBI report and also are worried about the expiration date to send the documents to cic, I want to share with you guys the email that my partner and I sent yesterday to Mexico visa office asking for an extension. Maybe this example can help you. I will share their response as well as soon as we get it.

Best of luck to all!

Application XXXX
UCI: XXXX (Principal Applicant)
UCI: XXXX (Common-Law)

To Whom It May Concern:

Greetings,

We are writing regarding our application for Permanent Residence in Canada. As of May 20th we received via email the instruction to send the following documents:

Medical Examination (Both principal applicant and common-law)
Original Police Certificates from El Salvador (Both principal applicant and common-law)
Original Police Certificate from Honduras (Principal Applicant only)
USA FBI Certificate (Common-law only)
Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (Both principal applicant and common-law)

We were granted 90 days to comply with your request. As of today we already have all the documents except for the FBI Certificate. We sent the fingerprints required by the FBI to process the Certificate on May 20th (the same day we received the instructions). However the current time for them to process the certificate is 12 to 14 weeks according to their website.

We are in the 9th week prior the processing date, and it is highly unlikely that the FBI Certificate will arrive before the 90 days granted. Therefore we wanted ask for an Extension of the due date for our documents.

We can send everything else if you would advice it, leaving only the FBI Certificate pending. Also, we can acquire the State Criminal Records of the Local Police Departments, which are faster to process.

Attached to this email there is a copy of the receipt from the courier where we sent the FBI request form.

Thank you very much for your time, looking forward to your reply.

Sincerely

canrushi

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Nomination.....
24-12-2014
IELTS Request
Already sent with appln
Med's Request
30-03-2015 (Still MR for child is pending)
Med's Done....
Me and Spouse - 15th March, Kid - 5th May... 3rd line - 12th May
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-07-2015
Elizasalaz said:
Hi to all !

Given that some of us are on the same situation of waiting for the FBI report and also are worried about the expiration date to send the documents to cic, I want to share with you guys the email that my partner and I sent yesterday to Mexico visa office asking for an extension. Maybe this example can help you. I will share their response as well as soon as we get it.

Best of luck to all!

Application XXXX
UCI: XXXX (Principal Applicant)
UCI: XXXX (Common-Law)

To Whom It May Concern:

Greetings,

We are writing regarding our application for Permanent Residence in Canada. As of May 20th we received via email the instruction to send the following documents:

Medical Examination (Both principal applicant and common-law)
Original Police Certificates from El Salvador (Both principal applicant and common-law)
Original Police Certificate from Honduras (Principal Applicant only)
USA FBI Certificate (Common-law only)
Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (Both principal applicant and common-law)

We were granted 90 days to comply with your request. As of today we already have all the documents except for the FBI Certificate. We sent the fingerprints required by the FBI to process the Certificate on May 20th (the same day we received the instructions). However the current time for them to process the certificate is 12 to 14 weeks according to their website.

We are in the 9th week prior the processing date, and it is highly unlikely that the FBI Certificate will arrive before the 90 days granted. Therefore we wanted ask for an Extension of the due date for our documents.

We can send everything else if you would advice it, leaving only the FBI Certificate pending. Also, we can acquire the State Criminal Records of the Local Police Departments, which are faster to process.

Attached to this email there is a copy of the receipt from the courier where we sent the FBI request form.

Thank you very much for your time, looking forward to your reply.

Sincerely
Did you received any response from them?

happyca

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 8, 14
Doc's Request.
CC Dec 12, 14
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 15
IELTS Request
sent in with appl
File Transfer...
Feb 18, 15
Med's Request
Apr 1, 15
Med's Done....
Apr 17, 15 - third line update May 19, 15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM/PPR email 16-06-15 and 30-07-2015 passport submitted 06-08-15
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-15 and VSAC KL 04-09-15
LANDED..........
23-09-15
I called FBI yesterday evening and all 4 sets were unsuccessful. That was my third attempt. I did get my fingerprints taken again while I was in Singapore but FBI customer service suggested I contact SGVO and asked what is the alternative to pcc from FBI. I had raised a CSE and included state police clearance from MA and HI where I used to live. The only thing was missing was state police clearance from CA and they would require fingerprints for processing. No livescan services available in Malaysia and Singapore.

Good luck to everyone else who are waiting! Make sure to check that your fingerprints are clear when pressed onto the card and no smudging. However, if you have fine fingerprints like mine, go for livescan option or obtain state police clearance reports.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
happyca said:
I called FBI yesterday evening and all 4 sets were unsuccessful. That was my third attempt. I did get my fingerprints taken again while I was in Singapore but FBI customer service suggested I contact SGVO and asked what is the alternative to pcc from FBI. I had raised a CSE and included state police clearance from MA and HI where I used to live. The only thing was missing was state police clearance from CA and they would require fingerprints for processing. No livescan services available in Malaysia and Singapore.

Good luck to everyone else who are waiting! Make sure to check that your fingerprints are clear when pressed onto the card and no smudging. However, if you have fine fingerprints like mine, go for livescan option or obtain state police clearance reports.
Sorry buddy on 3rd rejection.
Use a different ink this time. You can try to get prints using Lee Inkless FingerPrint Pad. Also take few self taken prints as i think the police taken prints were also rejected.

While applying for CA, apply for FBI as well, just in case. Dont stop applying. We dont know what cic will say. If they give another extn then you can save some time.

Why you think your prints are degraded on your finger tips? Do you do physical work which involves lot of fingers/hand work? Unless you have this kind of work you can get your prints without any issue.

I still dont get how FBI fingerprint validation works. we sent ours with self taken with ordinary ink pad and got accepted and yours got rejected... I will have to see if these guys accept the police taken prints and scanned prints in the next week.

One other point for others is that one should send multiple applications with multiple type of prints to try our luck to see if they accept one of them on one type. ALso these multiple applications should be with in a gap of 1-2 weeks so that there is no surprise after every 2-3 months instead of every 1-2 weeks. I know its pain as well as some money being spent but no choice other than getting through fbi clearance. At least i sent multiple applications with multiple types of prints but luckily first print sets (self taken) itself were accepted hence now i dont need to worry about the rest of the applications.
I sent multiple because we are not sure which agent uses all the print cards we send. If some agent dont scan the rest then its an issue hence sent multiple.

Elizasalaz

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
canrushi said:
Did you received any response from them?

Not yet. I wrote to them the day before yesterday. In other forums people say that Mexico office takes about a week to respond so maybe next Tuesday I can give you the update!

Wish me luck!

nnik

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
happyca said:

Hi hapyca. Sorry about what happened with your fingerprints. Can you please tell me what the procedure is in obtaining a police clearance from MA? I want to be prepared in case something similar happens to me.

stp

Apr 15, 2015
Hi Guys.

I have sent the FBI request on May 1st by a simple letter without tracking, so, I guess it should have reached them on May 15. Do you think I can expect to get the report in August? My CC haven;t been charged as of today.

Thanks

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
stp said:
Hi Guys.

I have sent the FBI request on May 1st by a simple letter without tracking, so, I guess it should have reached them on May 15. Do you think I can expect to get the report in August? My CC haven;t been charged as of today.

Thanks
It depends on the country from where you posted and the country you have mentioned in the return address.
Mostly it takes 2-3 weeks outside of north america.

superwangchen

Oct 31, 2014
I also rejected by them twice and was suggested to contact VO for alternative methods.

I did so, but the VO did not give me any alternative method. Because they need FBI clearance to assess your security.

I also tried livescan since all the police department here in Austrlia has the livescan equipment, but the livescan quality is even worse and i was rejected by livescan fingerprints.

happyca said:

happyca

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 8, 14
Doc's Request.
CC Dec 12, 14
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 15
IELTS Request
sent in with appl
File Transfer...
Feb 18, 15
Med's Request
Apr 1, 15
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-09-15
Thanks Hari! I submitted 2 sets with first attempt and it was done at MA police headquarters. Second attempt was with Singapore police headquarters. Third attempt was also with Singapore police headquarters for 4 sets. I went for fingerprinting again while I was in Singapore in Jul and the officer said my fingerprints were very fine as compared to others. He showed me a sample of fingerprints most likely to go through versus mine. I only do normal household chores and office work so not sure why my fingerprints are fine.

I will order the Lee Inkless Fingerprint pad.

harirajmohan said:
Sorry buddy on 3rd rejection.
Use a different ink this time. You can try to get prints using Lee Inkless FingerPrint Pad. Also take few self taken prints as i think the police taken prints were also rejected.

While applying for CA, apply for FBI as well, just in case. Dont stop applying. We dont know what cic will say. If they give another extn then you can save some time.

Why you think your prints are degraded on your finger tips? Do you do physical work which involves lot of fingers/hand work? Unless you have this kind of work you can get your prints without any issue.

I still dont get how FBI fingerprint validation works. we sent ours with self taken with ordinary ink pad and got accepted and yours got rejected... I will have to see if these guys accept the police taken prints and scanned prints in the next week.

One other point for others is that one should send multiple applications with multiple type of prints to try our luck to see if they accept one of them on one type. ALso these multiple applications should be with in a gap of 1-2 weeks so that there is no surprise after every 2-3 months instead of every 1-2 weeks. I know its pain as well as some money being spent but no choice other than getting through fbi clearance. At least i sent multiple applications with multiple types of prints but luckily first print sets (self taken) itself were accepted hence now i dont need to worry about the rest of the applications.
I sent multiple because we are not sure which agent uses all the print cards we send. If some agent dont scan the rest then its an issue hence sent multiple.

happyca

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 8, 14
Doc's Request.
CC Dec 12, 14
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 15
IELTS Request
sent in with appl
File Transfer...
Feb 18, 15
Med's Request
Apr 1, 15
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-09-15
Hi nnik. I did a CORI request. I printed out the form and mailed it to the address listed in the form. If you are living in MA, you can submit the request online. I do not remember the specifics but it is fairly simple. Link is listed below:

http://www.mass.gov/eopss/crime-prev-personal-sfty/bkgd-check/cori/request-rec/requesting-more-than-ten-criminal-records.html

nnik said:
Hi hapyca. Sorry about what happened with your fingerprints. Can you please tell me what the procedure is in obtaining a police clearance from MA? I want to be prepared in case something similar happens to me.

happyca

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 8, 14
Doc's Request.
CC Dec 12, 14
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 15
IELTS Request
sent in with appl
File Transfer...
Feb 18, 15
Med's Request
Apr 1, 15
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-09-15
Superwangchen, are your fingerprints fine? Try ordering the Lee Inkless Fingerprint pad and see if it works. I am going to try this alternative. Don't give up! Alternatively, check if there is private company that can guarantee your fingerprints will be accepted.

superwangchen said:
I also rejected by them twice and was suggested to contact VO for alternative methods.

I did so, but the VO did not give me any alternative method. Because they need FBI clearance to assess your security.

I also tried livescan since all the police department here in Austrlia has the livescan equipment, but the livescan quality is even worse and i was rejected by livescan fingerprints.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
happyca said:
Thanks Hari! I submitted 2 sets with first attempt and it was done at MA police headquarters. Second attempt was with Singapore police headquarters. Third attempt was also with Singapore police headquarters for 4 sets. I went for fingerprinting again while I was in Singapore in Jul and the officer said my fingerprints were very fine as compared to others. He showed me a sample of fingerprints most likely to go through versus mine. I only do normal household chores and office work so not sure why my fingerprints are fine.

I will order the Lee Inkless Fingerprint pad.
This time if possible send like below. Dont again rely on only one type of prints just because the other types were rejected earlier. what do you say. If I were you then i would do like below.
Take self prints (4 at least) from inkless pad and also with regular stamp pad (4 at least) (also buy ink one from US only when you order the inkless one) . There are few youtube videos on it which will help - i referred them.
Also take prints from same headquarters (4 of them) and also (if available) 2 sets from any other private/public agency/some individual who help taking prints other than that headquarters.

I dont want to confuse you but i am not sure if the agents at FBI processes each and every fingerprint cards to check if each one of them fails before they issue rejection letter. So i even think that you can try sending multiple applications for each type on the same day (in a gap of 1-2 days) in different pack. I dont know how else we can make this time accepted. Frankly i sent many applications so that at least one will get accepted even though i spent more than 300-400$ : 1-May(both of us - self taken prints - 2 each), 7-May(both - police station ones - 2 each), 14-May(both - scanned ones - 4 each), 20-May (only mine - scanned ones - 5), 19-Jun (both - scanned ones - 5 each). It sounds crazy but we have get through somehow.

Team, Any ideas on how to make it work this time?