+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Fingerprint Cards Rejected Multiple Times - Any Alternate?

abul

Oct 21, 2012
My FBI fingerprints cards were rejected twice even taken by best fingerprints technicians at Criminal Investigation Division in Bangladesh. Each time I sent multiple fingerprints cards and the fingerprints technicians tried their best to get the accurate fingerprints impression. I have taken my fingerprints thrice on 1st October 2012 and sent them to FBI. Like before, this time the quality of my fingerprints was poor due to low ridges of my fingers and the the fingerprints technicians told me that they could not do anything better. I have already done my medical on 28th July 2012. Right now I am in deep frustration. Please let me know what should I do? Is there any alternate? Your assistance is very much appreciated.

Thanks

abul

Oct 21, 2012
My FBI fingerprints cards were rejected twice even taken by best fingerprints technicians at Criminal Investigation Division in Bangladesh. Each time I sent multiple fingerprints cards and the fingerprints technicians tried their best to get the accurate fingerprints impression. I have taken my fingerprints thrice on 1st October 2012 and sent them to FBI. Like before, this time the quality of my fingerprints was poor due to low ridges of my fingers and the the fingerprints technicians told me that they could not do anything better. I have already done my medical on 28th July 2012. Right now I am in deep frustration. Please let me know what should I do? Is there any alternate? Your assistance is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Alexje

May 12, 2010
If you live in Toronto area, simply go to Worldwide Forensic Services Inc. fingerscan.ca. They are well known for taking clear fingerprints as per FBI's requirements.

poturichbajac

Sep 18, 2013
I am currently in this situation. Does anyone have any advice? Here's my story:

I'm applying from the U.S. and have had my fingerprints rejected 3 times for the Criminal Background Check. I have 'poor ridge detail,' apparently.

From one person at the FBI, I was told that after three rejections they will do a name search to get my record. I called today, and another person there told me that they would not do a name search after three tries. That I would need to continue sending prints--which is fruitless as I've been told by all 7 different people that did my fingerprints--or ask the Canadian Gov't if they'll accept something in place of the background check.

My husband spoke with Canadian Immigration today and was told that they want the Criminal Background Check. BUT if there is no way it's going to happen, we can try writing a letter about the problem, sending the rejection letters/confirmation of the rejections, a state background check, and anything else that we think could help and submit it with the immigration application in lieu of the background check. She basically told him, it will really be up to the Immigration Officer we get after submitting our paperwork.

Has anyone experienced anything remotely similar?? Anyone submit these things in lieu of the background check? Were you successful?

I've been dealing with this for 4 months and feel pretty defeated. I really just want to be able to live in the same country as my husband.... :(

Any advice would be much appreciated....thanks!!

Steffidias

Apr 8, 2016
deardhir said:
I am updating this thread in hope that it will help others.

1. I had my prints rejected by FBI due to poor quality (see original post for details)
2. I re-submitted, FBI rejected again
3. I took the two reject letters and sent to Canada Immigration, requesting them to suggest an alternate
4. In the meantime, I sent two more requests to FBI, both got rejected due to poor quality again
5. Canada immigration sent request for medical, along with alternate request for getting police clearance from local and state police of every place I have lived in the USA in the past 10 year. Unfortunately, state clearances also require fingerprints (some on the same card as FBI), but some states have a policy of doing a check by name/dob/ssn, etc. if there are two previous rejects (by them, not by FBI).

Hello,

I just wanted to ask if you had any luck by getting a local or state police check done instead of the fingerprints. It's going to take a long time it looks like if we have to resubmit the fingerprints as it's considered as a fresh application. Do you upload the attempts in the immigration application page or is there any separate email address which you use to contact these people? I'm from India and currently residing in Florida and I'm having a lot of trouble with the fingerprints. It's just my second attempt but I'm disheartened reading all these comments and experiences of others.
So, if you fall in the same situation, collecting local/state clearance certificates in advance may be a good idea.

vmorgan

Feb 22, 2017
Hi all,

I know this post hasn't been active but when you try to find answers you look EVERYWHERE. I was compelled to write this as I had my fingerprints rejected twice and it was on the third time I finally got them approved. A ton of money spent, and 10 months later, I can finally write this post.

Unfortunately some people's fingerprints are just hard to read which sucks. So what I advise... DEFINITELY get a LiveScan print. This is so important. The machine will actually tell you if your fingerprints have been approved. I had 9 out of 10 fingerprints approved and I was lucky enough to get the police check done.

I was extremely persistent with the police officer that ALL fingerprints needed to be approved. It was a busy station and they were time restricted. I can't tell you enough, if you can get them all approved then I believe you've got it in the bag.

Another point I want to make just to help with the constant waiting for results... I can't say 100% if this is true but it applies to my situation.

On my bank statement, the 2 times my fingerprints were rejected it said: FBI RECORD REQUEST

The third time, when my fingerprints were approved it said: FBI IDENTIFICATION REC

I really hope this helps someone.

Good luck and stay positive. xxx

babilon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Thank you very much for updating! A quick question: I lived in different states here in the US. Should we get a state background check from each state I live in?

prakash419

Apr 2, 2017
mitali said:
Hi

I thought of posting my response here as well so that others could benefit if possible.The only alternative you have:

1. I am sure you have saved the receipt of the Fingerprinting. Collect all the receipts.
2.Collect all the responses that you recd from FBI.
3. In your cover letter, mention that you have been unsuccessful to get the fingerprints for the reasons as mentioned in the FBI report and also that the prints were taken by professionals and livescan etc.

4. Since you are trying to FBI cert, I am assuming that you lived in the States in XX state for more than 6 months. Now, some of the States do provide PCC without fingerprints as in Massachusetts. Try to contact your respective State in US and and see if you can get State PCC. Afterall the intent is to check if you had any Criminal record....now this is the best that you could do.

5. If you are close to the 120 day submission and can not get the State PCC in time, then send the notarised photocopy of the receipts and the response of the FBI to VO and mention in your cover letter that you are going ahead to acquire a state PCC (i.e if the State does not require Finger print) and will send the report as soon as you get it.

Hope this helps.

Mitali
Hei Mitali (btw are you bengali?), I need your help. Got my ITA on 04/05, got fingerprint yesterday and sent the package to FB today. Now, considering that I have 90 days to complete CIC application and considering that many people's fingerprints get rejected, I am in confusion and worry. I know FBI takes around 4 months for PCC and I know I cna get some extension from CIC, but what if the fingerprints get rejected, I can decline ITA and with 451 CRS I know I will get next 2-3 invitations but if I learn in July that my fingerprint is rejected, I will be screwed. Don't know what to do, I see many people saying their fingerprints got rejected multiple times by FBI. My local police station did a OK job (neither great nor terrible), I am not confident that the prints will get accepted. Plz advise.

KanadianGuy

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
One suggestion if you finger prints are rejected. Try getting "Corn Husker Hand Lotion" from Amazon and apply it to your hands before getting fingerprinted....this improves the quality of the fingerprints a lot. I am hopeful that my fingerprints will get through this time...There can be more lotions/ridgebuilders available in the market which i might not be aware about but i tried corn husker lotion and it really helped....the difference in the finger prints was evident.

I have a question as well. Does anyone know how to communicate with CIC in case we have questions related to anything while our PR application is in progress. I know one way is to submit the Letter of Explanation while submitting the documents in the PR application, but just wanted to check if that is the only way or if CIC provides any other channel for communications too

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
[QUOTE="KanadianGuy, post: 6523614, member: 690929]
Good suggestion for the lotion.

I have a question as well. Does anyone know how to communicate with CIC in case we have questions related to anything while our PR application is in progress. I know one way is to submit the Letter of Explanation while submitting the documents in the PR application, but just wanted to check if that is the only way or if CIC provides any other channel for communications too

If you want to send something to IRCC you can use the webform.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

If you want to ask a question about your application, best to call the call centre. They may or may not be able to help.

Also, if you want to see the VO notes on your application, you can apply for your GCMS notes. There won't be much info until your application has been in process for a few months.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

[/QUOTE]

KanadianGuy

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017

If you want to ask a question about your application, best to call the call centre. They may or may not be able to help.

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Whats the number to cal them at...i could not see it anywhere on the CIC website. Many thanks.!!!

azrarehan

Jan 22, 2018
Hi

I thought of posting my response here as well so that others could benefit if possible.The only alternative you have:

1. I am sure you have saved the receipt of the Fingerprinting. Collect all the receipts.
2.Collect all the responses that you recd from FBI.
3. In your cover letter, mention that you have been unsuccessful to get the fingerprints for the reasons as mentioned in the FBI report and also that the prints were taken by professionals and livescan etc.

4. Since you are trying to FBI cert, I am assuming that you lived in the States in XX state for more than 6 months. Now, some of the States do provide PCC without fingerprints as in Massachusetts. Try to contact your respective State in US and and see if you can get State PCC. Afterall the intent is to check if you had any Criminal record....now this is the best that you could do.

5. If you are close to the 120 day submission and can not get the State PCC in time, then send the notarised photocopy of the receipts and the response of the FBI to VO and mention in your cover letter that you are going ahead to acquire a state PCC (i.e if the State does not require Finger print) and will send the report as soon as you get it.

Hope this helps.

Mitali
Hi

Can you tell me how and what is state PCC ? I cant seem to find anything on google.

Thanks

azrarehan

Jan 22, 2018
Hi, I don't know if this will help, but in the Philippines, there are some fingerprint officers that are specially trained by the U.S. to take acceptable prints. Is it possible that you are going to just a normal agent rather than a U.S. trained one ... the result being that the quality of the prints are not acceptable to them?

What I noticed though is that on the internet, the FBI will tell you that you can use the downloadable form, which I did and which they accepted. However, when I got the corresponding California State clearance, they required the official sized form (cut to size), and it was like playing ping-pong with the California justice system and my fingerprints kept getting sent back and forth until they finally sent me the exact form on which to get my prints.

Just a note, when I was doing this, my papers were already at the Visa Office and I was entering the end of my 120 days limit. So, I gave my agent the complete contents of my PCC request, including the DHL receipt as proof that I sent the packet out and was simply awaiting their response.

Good luck!
How do I apply for a state PCC ?

Aug 20, 2017
I am updating this thread in hope that it will help others.

1. I had my prints rejected by FBI due to poor quality (see original post for details)
2. I re-submitted, FBI rejected again
3. I took the two reject letters and sent to Canada Immigration, requesting them to suggest an alternate
4. In the meantime, I sent two more requests to FBI, both got rejected due to poor quality again
5. Canada immigration sent request for medical, along with alternate request for getting police clearance from local and state police of every place I have lived in the USA in the past 10 year. Unfortunately, state clearances also require fingerprints (some on the same card as FBI), but some states have a policy of doing a check by name/dob/ssn, etc. if there are two previous rejects (by them, not by FBI).

So, if you fall in the same situation, collecting local/state clearance certificates in advance may be a good idea.

How did you contact Canada Immigration about Fingerprints rejected? I am not able to find an email adddress or phone number to reach then from USA.

KanadianGuy

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
How did you contact Canada Immigration about Fingerprints rejected? I am not able to find an email adddress or phone number to reach then from USA.

Enter in a Letter of Explanantion when they ask for the FBI letter in the express entry profile. They will give another 2 months extension. They didnt accept the state police verification from me, but i was able to get the FBI letter finally, after three attempts over 9 months