+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Fingerprint Cards Rejected Multiple Times - Any Alternate?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hey Guys,
Just thought I'd drop this here for anyone who might be interested.
My wife and I submitted our fingerprints on July 16th (date tracking number says it was delivered), received confirmation of delivery from FBI on the 17th, and approved PCC the same day, literally 10mn later.
I can assure you our fingerprints were barely visible, taken on FD258 plain A4 paper, and basic stamp ink pad. We sent out 5 samples each.

I suggest sending multiple forms (5 or 6 at least). It's an advice I got around me. It worked. We were at first very worried they would get rejected as they were of really bad quality. I guess the FBI has different standards of what makes a bad fingerprint :D

Give it a shot!

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
Hey Guys,
My wife and I submitted our fingerprints on July 16th (date tracking number says it was delivered), received confirmation of delivery from FBI on the 17th, and approved PCC the same day, literally 10mn later.
I can assure you our fingerprints were barely visible, taken on FD258 plain A4 paper, and basic stamp ink pad. We sent out 5 samples each.

I suggest sending multiple forms (5 or 6 at least). It's an advice I got around me. It worked. We were at first very worried they would get rejected as they were of really bad quality. I guess the FBI has different standards of what makes a bad fingerprint :D

Give it a shot!
I had to do this twice. In my first attempt, I used UPS finger printing assistance with ink rolled fingerprints on fd258 but it got rejected due to poor quality, and then I found out that Rocklin police department (Near Roseville) offered to do livescans and print them out on fd258, and even this did not go as smooth as I expected due to my clammy hands but we got the best print we can and it was stamped by them too(Rocklin PD) on the back of the card and I sent the one card and I got my PCC in two days.

The best option IMO is to get the livescan printed on the FD 258 rather than ink rolling.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I had to do this twice. In my first attempt, I used UPS finger printing assistance with ink rolled fingerprints on fd258 but it got rejected due to poor quality, and then I found out that Rocklin police department (Near Roseville) offered to do livescans and print them out on fd258, and even this did not go as smooth as I expected due to my clammy hands but we got the best print we can and it was stamped by them too(Rocklin PD) on the back of the card and I sent the one card and I got my PCC in two days.

The best option IMO is to get the livescan printed on the FD 258 rather than ink rolling.
Glad to hear you got your PCC promptly!

Yes, definitely Livescan in a dedicated service sounds like the better option. But unfortunately, many applicants (like myself) live in countries where such services are not offered. Plus, these services in the United States (like FBI Channelers or local PD) are only offered to US Citizens/Permanent Residents.

So, If one is really struggling after multiple rejections, I suggest travelling to the nearest country where such service can be done. For example, if you're living in Europe (or North Africa maybe), there is this certified person in Paris (France) who can do it for you for 60€. Here is her website. She can even travel to your location for an additional fee. If you're planning on living a new life in Canada forever, I say it's worth it. I was really considering it at some point.

http://www.fingerprintsparis.com

My two cents is that if any applicant (primary or spouse) have spent some fair amount of time in the US (something like more than 2 months), should definitely go ahead and get a FBI PCC. From what I hear around me, it's kind of the "exception" to the rule of "PCC required if lived in country 6 months or more"... Don't wait for ITA to request this document. As long as it's being issued after your last trip to the US, it's fine. That way you have enough time to do a contingency plan in case of multiple rejections.

Cheers!

Reactions: viki1805

skye

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
This is interesting. We are waiting on our first request from the FBI, and we mailed them at the beginning of June. The website says 14-16 weeks processing time now.

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
This is interesting. We are waiting on our first request from the FBI, and we mailed them at the beginning of June. The website says 14-16 weeks processing time now.
whether you are in the US or not you can use their website to request for a FBI PCC from the below link
https://www.edo.cjis.gov/#/

this is better than the traditional application and mailing system since it only takes them 3-4 days to email you the results once your fingerprint card reaches them.

not that you can do anything about it since you've already sent it. but just for everyone to know ! :)

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Hey Guys,

Give it a shot!
I did the same-- did my fingerprints myself with an inkless pad, sent 5 copies and a cover letter stating I just wanted one PCC and that the extras were to make sure at least one was good enough to use. My prints were pretty light on the page, but the lines were quite clear, and I followed the FBI's guidelines for fingerprinting (rolling and making sure certain features are clearly visible) Sent it in a regular 9 x 12 envelope via first class mail. Got confirmation of receipt a few days later and my PCC 11 minutes after that. :)