+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FAQ

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For exact details, contact CIC and ask but I think it depends on how you did apprenticeship. You can do apprenticeship mostly in a school with few work hours and then I believe it would be counted as education. You can also do apprenticeship mostly by working. For the hours you work, as CIC says 1950 hours is a year of experience but if it's not considered skilled work, then you would not get points for it.

anu723

Apr 27, 2009
Adaptability points and Occupation # for Skilled worker

Hello

I currently work as a Sr. Solutions Engineer and have worked a Programmer Analyst previously. I have more than 4yrs of experience in total with my current position and my previous positions.

I found that I qualify as 2173 Software Engineers and Designers according to the NOC. Is that correct ? If so should I write a cover letter explaining the present and past job duties.

Also I have my first cousin in Canada and a nephew and niece who are born Canadian Citizen, can I use the 5 points of Adaptability.
Please advice.

Thanks
Anu

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
I suggest that you go to the first two posts under this topic and go to the links. Read about the ministerial list criteria. Good luck.

anu723

Apr 27, 2009
Thanks for the reply. I did go through the 1st 2 posts in this thread. What I gathered from there is the Ministerial Job list I can choose is 0213: Computer & Information Systems Manager and the NOC list would be 2173 (Software Engineers & Designers).

My current position is Sr. Solutions Engineer and not Software Engineer, will I still qualify, should I write a cover letter explaining my job duties? Also I am not able to find an answer if I can claim the 5 points for adaptability. Thanks in advance for any helpful replies !!!

P

pakistan

You can neither claim points for your cousin nor your neice or nephew unless they are kids of your biological brother or sister

GavG

May 11, 2009
I had submitted my application under the fast track option to the CIU, sydney and then subsequently had been instructed to submit documents to my local visa office in Islamabad. The local office instructions are very clear about which documents they require originals for. They have in places also mentioned that only notarized copies are required. But in some instances it is silent whether a copy is required on an original e.g the instructions are very clear that an original transcript should be submitted, but its not clear whether the degree should also be an orginal or a photo copy would do?

Appreciate help!!

anu723

Apr 27, 2009
Thanks for the reply regarding the adaptability points. Any help regarding the skilled worker explanation cover letter will be appreciated.

zaidkhalid

Oct 29, 2008
Hi Mates

I will put my question in a simple form. I submitted the full application today to CIC-London, But Unfortunately I missed one page related to one of the specific forms. This page consists of three questions related to amount you are going to accompany and how much you assets later, and signature at the bottom of the page.

Is that going to be problem as far as this form is specific not one from the general forms.

Please help I am very confused and worried.
Zaid

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
Dear Zaid
They return incomplete form and ask to resubmit application.

Do not worry. You will get back your application. Then resend it correctly.

Good luck.

Syed

Chemist

May 12, 2009
Dear Mr. Rupesh Hari;

Thank you very much for the inforamtion; this blog sounds helful especialy to new commers. Sir; I would like to ask how long it would take to get an immigrant visa if you will start the application this year 2009.

I have on hand all the credentials required by Nova Scotia. Also, my occupation is currently on NOC of federal Skilled worker.

Looking forward hearing from you.

Ross

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
They think it will take 6 to 12 months if everything goes well, but the process is still new so now one know.

Please don't say sir.

maruti81

Mar 13, 2009
rupeshhari said:
They think it will take 6 to 12 months if everything goes well, but the process is still new so now one know.

Please don't say sir.
Hi Rupesh/Other senior members:
Please answer these two questions.
1. Can you share with us how long it will be to hear from Sydney office?
2. I claimed some language points to cross over 67. I did not write IELTS at the time of submission but I wrote it recently and waiting for the score which is to be arrived in 2 weeks. Will Nova Scotia office sends the application back because I did not have IELTS score and yet I claimed 14 points from language? Should I let them know that I have written IELTS recently?
(this is how i claimed points: listening-4, reading-4, writing-2,speaking-4)

Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are not supposed to send IELTS to Sydney as far as I know. You will send it later if they approve you and forward your file to the local visa office. Then you will have 120 days to send them all your documents, including IELTS. If you need 14 points from IELTS and get less, you should try to study for it and take it again while you have time.

maruti81

Mar 13, 2009
Leon said:
You are not supposed to send IELTS to Sydney as far as I know. You will send it later if they approve you and forward your file to the local visa office. Then you will have 120 days to send them all your documents, including IELTS. If you need 14 points from IELTS and get less, you should try to study for it and take it again while you have time.
Thanks Leon for sharing information. Appreciate.

I need 11 points from language to touch 67 points. I claimed 14 points in my application. I did my IELTS OK and hoping to get enough score to be able to get 12-14 points from it. Let's see.

How long it will take to hear from Sydney office?

Thanks again.