+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FAQ

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think the name will matter at all. In some countries it's common for families to have different surnames. You will most likely need a letter from their mom though and if she is ok with it, then it should not be a problem.

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
your child's different family name does not matter.
what is important is that your name must be listed as the father in his birth certificate. if you are not listed as the father, then you will have to go through the adoption process in order for you to be recognized as the father of the child.

Apr 29, 2009
I love Canada please help me in going there

Hello to everyone. I am a new member from the Philippines. I am a high school teacher here do i have any chance in coming to Canada? I can easily adjust to people and I am willing to learn standards in your place. I am also willing to pay my travel expenses just to be in your place I love Canada. I love the people there. And my in laws are already residing in Toronto. Please help me.

maruti81

Mar 13, 2009
Re: I love Canada please help me in going there

christalleather said:
Hello to everyone. I am a new member from the Philippines. I am a high school teacher here do i have any chance in coming to Canada? I can easily adjust to people and I am willing to learn standards in your place. I am also willing to pay my travel expenses just to be in your place I love Canada. I love the people there. And my in laws are already residing in Toronto. Please help me.
Hi,
The first step is to see that if you qualify with above 67 points and your occupation is in the 38 list. I think you are as you are a teacher. Also since your in-laws are there in Canada, it should help to give more points. Go through the links provided in this thread and there is good info there...

all the best..

zaidkhalid

Oct 29, 2008
Sorry for putting my questions here, because I have just few days and I need some help from you.

I am deciding to send my full application to CIC London on the next monday (11th of May) my previous letter received from the CIU in canada stated that I need to send the full application during 120 days from the date letter (14 Jan), I will send it by the next day delivery so definitely they will receive it on 12th of Jan is that fine 2 days before the deadline?

Question 2: I need to write a cover letter to state that I could not provide the Birth cirtificate for me and my wife, while I provided some translated documents as alternative. I need help about writing the cover letter?

Question3: I already have one original copy from the forms that I had send them to CIU, so the question are these forms are sufficient or I need to fill new forms with new dates.

Question4: Is The deadline considered to be the date of they recieved my application?

Question 5: IS there any specific envelop I need to use to put all my documents inside it or not?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
zaid

fraz

Star Member
May 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB(PK)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2009
Doc's Request.
april 2009
AOR Received.
august 2009
Med's Request
02november 2009
Med's Done....
07december 2009.remedical 15jan 2011
Passport Req..
09may 2011
VISA ISSUED...
20may2011
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH.26 JULY2011
SIR,
I AM DOCTOR FROM PAKISTAN.I GOT AOR FRON SYDNEY CANADA AND REQUEST TO SUBMIT FULL APPLICATION TO ISLAMABAD EMBASSY WITH DOCS.I GET PCC,IELTES ,BIRTH CIRTIFICATS,EXPERIENCE CERTIFICATES AND ALL EDUCATIONAL DEGREES BOTH SPOUSE AND PRINCIPAL.
QUESTION NO1 EXPERIENCE CERTIFICATES BOTH PERSONS REQUIRE MEAN PRINCIPAL APPLICANT AND SPOUSE OR ONLY FOR PRINCIPAL APP.
Q#2......CAN I PUT FUNDS IN MY ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY.AND HOW MANY MOTHS BANK STATEMENT IS REQUIRED.

THANXS DR.FRAZ

erick_uae

May 8, 2009
Greeting .... I need ur comments
I have my application rejected due to non inclussion to 38 lists ( but recently i got promoted and qualified ) im planning to reapply and planning to wthdraw my application from my consultant my questions are :

I tell lies on my first application i want to correct it
how?

1) Its ok to amend my application because i did not declared from my previous application one my previous job due to i dont have certificate of employment and I got problem with that employer.

2) in my first application I changed my position to Assistant Accountant but in reality my job title is Accounting 111 ( its advise from my consultant to tell lie ) but my duties and responsibilities is like Assisatnt Accountant I really want to change that and file the correct one do you think CIC will accept that .( do i need to attach explanation on that on seperate paper ?

3> I got 2 position in my company Iam an Assistant Accountant from 4/2007 to april 2008 and from May 2008 to present my joble title is Accountant my question is do i need to mention assistant accountant or only accountant

pls advise

erickpogi30@yahoo.com abu dhabi uae

deano2711

Apr 3, 2009
Skilled worker visa questions

Hi

Im currently in the process of completing the first stages of the skilled worker visa application and had a number of questions. I'd be grateful if anyone could answer these for me.

1. I completed a 4 year apprenticeship and then worked for the same company for a further 1 year following the completion of the apprenticeship. Do I have 5 years total experience or just the 1 year?

2. I have no idea how to go about completing a language test or even know which one is required by the visa office to prove I am fluent in english. Is a test the only way to prove it, or can I provide other documentation?

3. How and when does the canadian visa office check my bank funds? Do I send proof and how much normally do they require?

4. Under the new legislation with the NOC list of 38 jobs, how long are visas taking to go through the system?

Id appreciate answers to any of the questions if possible. Thank you.

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
Dear deano2711

1. In my opinion You may show 5 years job experience, as apprenticeship is treated as a job. Other members may comment on it.

2. You have to sit for IELTS. Contact to the nearest British Council Office for details. You must prove your english language skills with a certificate.

3. Bank statement will be asked at the final stage, when visa office decide on principle to accept your application.

4. No idea about this question.

Thanks.

Syed

deano2711

Apr 3, 2009
English language test

Thanks for the reply syed. Ive looked into the IELTS and it seems to be for people whos first language isnt english. I was born,raised and currently live in the united kingdom and only speak one language which is english. Do I really need to pay for and sit an english language test?

Surely theres other documentation I can send thats supports this. If anyone knows or has done this succesfully could you please let me know.

Thanks

P

pakistan

syedrahman1980 said:
Dear deano2711

1. In my opinion You may show 5 years job experience, as apprenticeship is treated as a job. Other members may comment on it.

2. You have to sit for IELTS. Contact to the nearest British Council Office for details. You must prove your english language skills with a certificate.

3. Bank statement will be asked at the final stage, when visa office decide on principle to accept your application.

4. No idea about this question.

appreticeship is not considered as paid job...

Thanks.

Syed

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: English language test

deano2711 said:
Ive looked into the IELTS and it seems to be for people whos first language isnt english. I was born,raised and currently live in the united kingdom and only speak one language which is english. Do I really need to pay for and sit an english language test?
No, you don't need to take IELTS. Just write a letter stating that you were born, raised and live in the UK and that your first and only language is English. Make sure the letter is grammatically correct and correctly spelled ;)

deano2711

Apr 3, 2009
Skilled worker visa

Thanks Leon. Thats sounds a bit better and makes sense. How much depth should I go into proving im fluent in english. Shall I provide copies of certificates from college etc?

Also, i dont know if you read another of my questions from a day or so ago but I asked if a 4 year completed apprenticeship plus 1 more further year after completion of the apprenticeship for the same company would be classed as 5 years experience? I was wondering what your opinion was on this matter.

Cheers

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It doesn't hurt to throw in a couple of certificates but keep the letter simple, title it Proof of English proficiency in big bold letters. Somebody here sent a 10 page cover letter including his english proficiency and they completely missed it.

I would could apprenticeship as work experience, however, you have to be careful under what NOC. It may not be considered a skilled experience. CIC considers 1 work year as 1950 hours so if you have 5x1950 hours you can claim 5 years.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Apprenticeship is also defined under education. So does an applicant have the liberty to decide whether it is education or work experience?