+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FAQ

Ynet

Jun 4, 2010
Thnaks a lot for that info, Matties. 'Proof of close relative in Cananda' is not asked anywhere in the application forms and how do we earn the points at CIC ? Should we send those docs atleast while applying to CIC. My aunt is a citizen in Canada and how do I prove it and score points ? Does sending her citizenship card copy along with passport copies of hers and my dad (to prove their father is ame) will help ? Should this be send at the CIC level itself ?

Thunder

Star Member
Feb 12, 2010
Visa Office......
London Visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2009
Doc's Request.
December 2009
AOR Received.
December 2009
IELTS Request
September 2009
File Transfer...
July 2010
Med's Request
Feb 2012
Med's Done....
Feb 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1....Dec 2012 PPR2......Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2013
LANDED..........
22 Feb 2013
hi everyone.i have a query regarding medical examination.i am expecting my medical in a month.i am worried because i am a regular smoker.will smoking effect on my medical result.i am 28 years old and did't suffer from any severe condition since i am smoking. Regards

upp942

May 27, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-May-2010
Doc's Request.
01-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
23-May-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with initial application
Med's Request
02-May-2012 (post mark)
Med's Done....
24-May-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-Nov-12
VISA ISSUED...
14-Nov-12
Ynet said:
Thnaks a lot for that info, Matties. 'Proof of close relative in Cananda' is not asked anywhere in the application forms and how do we earn the points at CIC ? Should we send those docs atleast while applying to CIC. My aunt is a citizen in Canada and how do I prove it and score points ? Does sending her citizenship card copy along with passport copies of hers and my dad (to prove their father is ame) will help ? Should this be send at the CIC level itself ?
hi Ynet

My VO is Buffalo. To prove that I have a close relative in Canada, I will submit a copy of my relative's Canadian passport, copies of my father and my relative's birth certificates, and proof that my relative is indeed living in Canada (eg. utility bills, employment contract, lease contract, tax records -- it should clearly show the name and address of the person)

muayed

Jun 10, 2010
iraq
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks to be presented by the clarification I have not found anywhere else and I hope to achieve the dream of any person whatever his nationality My wish accepting applications for immigration to Canada, which will be easy because of you my greetings and love for people looking for a country that respects freedoms​

amgra

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Montreal, QC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2010
Thunder said:
i am worried because i am a regular smoker
I am a smoker myself, when I went to medical test I made myself sure to ask this to the doctor and she said to me, as long as you do not present symrhomps of lung cancer, you are fine, but you should consider quitting ..........

So in my opinion, if you do not represent a heavy load on their health system, we will be ok. Obviously you neither I will ever see the results, because they are sent directly to them.

dalbeer

Jun 17, 2010
Hi!
I had applied for Canada-immigration under skilled workers in march 2010, they have withdrawn the amount from my account but I have not recieve the e-mail with the file no. Please guide me, I really tensed...

amgra

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Montreal, QC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2010
I don't know if it is the same all over the world, but in my case, they did not send me any notice right after they charged it, but weeks after I just received the letter saying they hace opened my file and the process had just started. To wait for them to ask me for the next step of documents to send!

sugar

Jun 17, 2010
Hello

I currently work and live in London.

I lived in Saudi Arabia for 9 months in a row last year for work, do I need to mention that and do I need any police certificate afterwards?

Thanks and Regards

amgra

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Montreal, QC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2010
The CIC website states:

In general, you and everyone in your family who is 18 years of age or over need to obtain a police certificate. You must obtain a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.

Quote from: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Hope it helps!

sr786

Jun 19, 2010
Hi!

do we have to do the IELTS exam again if we have sat for it in March 2009. its due to expire in March 2011. so cant we submit that???

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sr786 said:
Hi!

do we have to do the IELTS exam again if we have sat for it in March 2009. its due to expire in March 2011. so cant we submit that???
Your IELTS can be no more than 1 year old when you apply.

aybee

Nov 2, 2009
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-October-2009
IELTS Request
overall - 8 (7 above in each)
LANDED..........
5-July-2010
hello leon,

On all the Canadian Immigration related websites it is advised to contact the Immigrant Serving Organization. I will be landing on the 5th in Toronto.

I have got the address of couple of these Organizations in Peel area. I want to ask that are these organizations really that helpful as they claim to be. Do they really provide the various Language and Employment services and are they good. Have you personally or heard from others that they have volunteered in these organizations and have made new friends.

Regards,

Aybee

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aybee said:
hello leon,

On all the Canadian Immigration related websites it is advised to contact the Immigrant Serving Organization. I will be landing on the 5th in Toronto.

I have got the address of couple of these Organizations in Peel area. I want to ask that are these organizations really that helpful as they claim to be. Do they really provide the various Language and Employment services and are they good. Have you personally or heard from others that they have volunteered in these organizations and have made new friends.

Regards,

Aybee
I have never heard of these organizations and I never went to one. I heard from one Iranian engineer that he had gone to some organizations that claimed to help new immigrants Canadianize their CV as well as apply for jobs but he said they seemed only interested in getting his SIN to apply for grants from the government and they only showed them very obvious common sense things. Go ahead and check it out but do not rely on them to get everything set up for you.

aybee

Nov 2, 2009
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-October-2009
IELTS Request
overall - 8 (7 above in each)
LANDED..........
5-July-2010
Leon said:
I have never heard of these organizations and I never went to one. I heard from one Iranian engineer that he had gone to some organizations that claimed to help new immigrants Canadianize their CV as well as apply for jobs but he said they seemed only interested in getting his SIN to apply for grants from the government and they only showed them very obvious common sense things. Go ahead and check it out but do not rely on them to get everything set up for you.
So what do you suggest, as i am an electrician, i should straight away go to the Licensing authority office and ask them of further procedures that from where to get credentials assessed and other things done ?