+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FAQ

powerox

Feb 21, 2012
Re: Common questions

BCguy said:
Great job I would like to explain PNP or the Provincial Nominee Program for my contribution,Canada is a federal country where there is a Federal Immigration Law applying to the whole country under this are Federal Skilled Worker,Family Class,CEC Class But Provinces are also allowed to make laws regulating Immigration to that Province only,They nominate people which is the meaning of PNP.Quebec is a Nation within a United Canada,They control their own Immigration which Canada cannot interfere with,Yes they require you to learn French and your applications are processed by Quebec Overseas Offices which are like Quebec Embassies.The national assembly of Quebec changes this law from time to time,So PNP is different in the case of Quebec since Quebec is a nation within Canada.Many people do not realize this and think Quebec is just another province.Going back to PNP once nominated by a province you cannot be denied unless you fail criminal check,medical test or the officer suspects fraud,So that I is why I prefer PNP

Saurav

Jul 2, 2010
Category........
FSW
Dear Friends,

Its Miracle,that one of my relative got MR, RPRF, PCC. by 1st 03 2012.
His cat is FSW-2.(AEO)
His file was recived on 18-11-2012.
status "In Process".
There is only line in E-cas "We have received your file on 18-11-2011.

within 3 and half month he has recived MR.

I think its really miracle.

hitz

Mar 4, 2012
Hi..I got a Federal Skilled Workers' Visa for Canada. My wife and myself wish to land in Canada (Calgary,Alberta) by Mid May-2012. We wish to stay over there for approx. 2 to 2.5 months to get the PR card and SIN, since i am on some important project and will have to come back to India. It would be a great help, if anyone please help/guide us in this regard to get the furnished (shared/economical) accomodation for 2-3 months.

Saurav

Jul 2, 2010
Category........
FSW
Dear Friends,

My address disappeared, I have checked today but it may be disappeared from long time. what dose it means? is it good sign? My medical line was updated on 15 Feb 2012."Medical results have been received"

till date status "IN Process".when it will turn into DM?

Please guide me seniors.

muhammad111

Dec 10, 2011
[I have question if some done his landing in Canada and address provided to Immigration officer for PR Card delivery, so does it mean that PR Card will be mailed with out any fee and application, or address has given and later when you apply the card will be delivered, kindly guide me about that, for new arrival either PR Card is automatic process or he have to submitt application.

thank
Muhammad

sam pk

Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-07-2012
muhammad111 said:
[I have question if some done his landing in Canada and address provided to Immigration officer for PR Card delivery, so does it mean that PR Card will be mailed with out any fee and application, or address has given and later when you apply the card will be delivered, kindly guide me about that, for new arrival either PR Card is automatic process or he have to submitt application.

thank
Muhammad
Dear at the time when you will landed the ,IO office asked about your mailing address for PR card where they will later it mostly take time 2 weeks

Saurav

Jul 2, 2010
Category........
FSW
Dear Friends,

It's good news for us, that project manger at New Delhi visa office replaced before 9 month. they will work for three year term.compare than previous manger, they are processing very fast and positive.

Position Name

High Commissioner ** Mr Stewart Beck
Deputy High Commissioner ** Mr J. Nickel
Minister ** Mr S. Frank
Minister (Commercial) ** Mrs S. Wilshaw
Minister-Counsellor S. Robertson
Canadian Forces Attaché Col S. LaPlante
Counsellor C. Fong
Counsellor D. Halina
Counsellor (Public Affairs) Mr S. Cridland
Counsellor J. Forest
Counsellor Mr S. Jurschewsky
Counsellor (Immigration) Mr R. Molsberry
Counsellor A. Rosland
Counsellor (Immigration) E. Snow

beckett

Mar 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/12/2009
AOR Received.
27/07/2010
Med's Request
22/02/12
Med's Done....
08/03/12
Passport Req..
12/10/2012
Hi. I need help. I have been asked to submit the new forms again with the medicals. In dependents section of the new generic form (personal details: part 12) where it asks for dependent type, I have a problem. When I was applying in December 2009, my son was under 22, therefore type A. His age and type must have been 'locked in' at the time when my application reached Nova Scotia then. However, now my son is over 22. So what do I do? He was not type B when I applied, yet now if I fill the forms again, technically he can't be type A either on the forms. So what do I do??
Also, my son has dual nationality, which passport details should be put on the form?
Beckett

Ouss

Dec 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Waiting for PER

Cytric

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
Nov. 2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
Med's Request
Mar 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2013
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hello all,

I am Feb 2010 applicant and my eCAS status shows IN PROCESS. I got married on Jan 2012 and I am thinking to update my status with CIC. So would you please advise what information I need to provide to CIC to update my status, do I have to reprint all my application forms and supplementary docs with updated info's? Meanwhile, I noticed change in CIC application forms now. So do I need to provide updated info's on these new forms or I should stay with forms that I used while applying in Feb 2010. Please advise.

Best Regards,
CyTric

Cytric

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
Nov. 2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
Med's Request
Mar 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2013
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
zuszus said:
hello,

just wanted to know what the best way to update my marital status to CHC..? i have my second AOR and my case has been forwarded to CHC london since June 2009. I applied as single and now i want my spouse name to be entered in the same case..! Should i mail them and inform them about my spouse details ( i.e. PP #, education and forms ) or should i send the complete updated form with revised fees and all the necessary documents in one go..!
please advice..!
I have the same issue. Can you please advise what you think/plan to do??
Thanks

CyTric

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Cytric said:
Hello all,

I am Feb 2010 applicant and my eCAS status shows IN PROCESS. I got married on Jan 2012 and I am thinking to update my status with CIC. So would you please advise what information I need to provide to CIC to update my status, do I have to reprint all my application forms and supplementary docs with updated info's? Meanwhile, I noticed change in CIC application forms now. So do I need to provide updated info's on these new forms or I should stay with forms that I used while applying in Feb 2010. Please advise.

Best Regards,
CyTric
You are obligated to advise CIC of status changes. At a minimum, you should report your marriage to them. You can wait until they ask you for supplemental information, or you can fill out the forms and submit them proactively. What they will need is information on your new spouse and any additional dependents on your application. They shouldn't require (or really want) you to repeat your original information, although they won't reject your application if you do include it.

In your position, I'd fill out updated paperwork, along with information about your spouse (and all the required documents) and send it to the visa office.

Good luck!

Cytric

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
Nov. 2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
Med's Request
Mar 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2013
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
computergeek said:
You are obligated to advise CIC of status changes. At a minimum, you should report your marriage to them. You can wait until they ask you for supplemental information, or you can fill out the forms and submit them proactively. What they will need is information on your new spouse and any additional dependents on your application. They shouldn't require (or really want) you to repeat your original information, although they won't reject your application if you do include it.

In your position, I'd fill out updated paperwork, along with information about your spouse (and all the required documents) and send it to the visa office.

Good luck!
Thank you very much. Really appreciated !! I would do as advised :)
Thanks again !!

CyTric