FAQ

Saurav

Jul 2, 2010
Category........
FSW
sksec103 said:
Hi saurav,
my case is something like it.
they might conduct interview if they have minor doubts and also if u trapped in quality audit of interview waiver process
other wise u will get stamped with interview waived.
Dear SKS,

I have already completed my interview. what is quality audit?

sksec103

Star Member
Feb 4, 2012
Ahmedabad,Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with app
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
26-8-2011
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
20-11-2011
Interview........
16-02-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on 21st June_2012
LANDED..........
soon
hi saurav,
i was not aware of your interview.
baiscally for completation PR visa in any category u need to give interview earlier as a part of process.
CIC have process of interview waiver in which whose file is crystal clear in all aspects and having no doubts , then thier interview is waived based on certain their criteria.
if they have atleast minor doubts then interview is called.

but to check whether interview waiver process is working fine ( means some points which they have identified for waiver of interview are sufficient ), they are selecting some of the candidates randomly ( Although everything is crystal clear ) for interview.
u can say formality interviews.
I hope it will ease ur doubt.

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
sksec103 said:
hi saurav,
i was not aware of your interview.
baiscally for completation PR visa in any category u need to give interview earlier as a part of process.
CIC have process of interview waiver in which whose file is crystal clear in all aspects and having no doubts , then thier interview is waived based on certain their criteria.
if they have atleast minor doubts then interview is called.

but to check whether interview waiver process is working fine ( means some points which they have identified for waiver of interview are sufficient ), they are selecting some of the candidates randomly ( Although everything is crystal clear ) for interview.
u can say formality interviews.
I hope it will ease ur doubt.
do i need to pay for getting CAIP? ;D

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
In Process since March 05, 2012
Med's Done....
Waiting
FSWCIO said:
thanks..another queston ..... when will i get my Visa??? :p :p :p :p :p :p
You will be given visa :-* after sending passport to visa office. :D :D :D ;D ;D

Don't hesitate to ask any further questions 8) 8) 8) :p :p :p

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Waiting
FSWCIO said:
do i need to for getting CAIP? ;D
Ya, minimum $5 from within Canada.

Get the general info from here:
http://www.lawpoint.ca/index.php/Online-CAIPS/GCMS-request.html

Also get the detail below:

How to Order CAIPS Notes?

Note:
It is still CAIPS... not yet merged with GCMS.

Our CAIPS can be ordered thru either of the following three [3] methods:
1. By our Consultant [if u have one] --usually a Free service provided by the good ones, or charge $5
2. Thru a Friend/Relative [who's in Canada] --s/he can obtain it under your authorization. Fees $5
3. From Websites [offering CAIPS Service] --discussed below. Costs $30-40.

How to fetch the CAIPS thru friend/relative [in Canada] ?

Under the Privacy Act, one of our friends/relatives, who reside in Canada, can order the CAIPS under our authorization. There is a CIC fee of only $5 to be incurred for that purpose. Here's what we should do:

1. Download the form here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf
2. Fill the specified colums/fields, viz:
- a) Visa post [ND, Buffalo, London etc.]
- b) Your File number [Bxxxxxxx]
- c) Date of Birth [applicant's, not the rep's]
- d) The requester's Postal address [Canadian Address only]
3. Tick the box "for CAIPS Notes request" on the form.
4. Enclose copies of the rep's [not yours] PR Card/visa/COPR etc. [Canadian ID].
5. Attach the Consent Form [signed by each applicant for "use of a representative"].
6. Enclose a Money Order/Draft for $5.
7. Send (Mail or Courier 'only') all the documents to:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
(Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator)
Narono Building 360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Tel.: (613) 957-6512
8. Your CAIPS Notes should return by 4-6 weeks [usually].

Obtaining our CAIPS thru the websites:

There r many websites who offer such services, usually charging anything between $30-40. However, in that 'basic' price they'd only send u the retrieved CAIPS Notes; and would charge u furthermore for explaining them. Nonetheless, it's not a bad idea to yet take their services. Most applicants use either of the following websites for obtaining their CAIPS:

a) http://www.caips.ca/
b) http://caipsnotes.com/index.shtml
c) http://www.caipsretriever.com/2006/03/immigrants-life-in-toronto-canada-ii.html

When will my CAIPS arrive?
As our request application reaches CIC, they'd take a week+ to retrieve it. Despatching takes another week+. While the postal duration could again be one more week. Oh yes, it is send by CIC thru regular postal mail. Thus, overall we r looking at 4-6 weeks to receive our CAIPS notes.

When I'm reading my CAIPS, is it "current" information?
No. As there's a gap between the CAIPS printing [by CIC] & receiving [by us], we would be getting the picture around 3-4 weeks back dated. Things might change in between... some BF'Ds gone by, some addnl Codes logged.

When should I obtain my CAIPS?
It's only required when things have gone overboard... when there's much delay in case progress.... or when we have received an interview letter. Our CAIPS could elicit some info on the perception of our VO/s towards our case... why an interview was required... What stage we r currently in... points calc... when would be the next review date.... next BF'D etc. Thus, we could fetch our CAIPS "after" 8-12 months of case processing.

When should I obtain "another" set of my CAIPS?
It's unwise to frequently apply for our CAIPS notes. Anything between 6-8 months is Ok... 'coz before that nothing much would have been logged on it anyway.

How do I "read" my CAIPS?
Most of the info on our CAIPS r 'coded'. Member FinPro graciously have deliberated on these codes during his 6th Oct 2006 post in this very forum. Pls read it here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/caips-codes-t2988.0.html

NOTE:
As we 'land' our case logging continues by CIC/CBSA - but thereon it's recorded in "FOSS".

Hope that helped!
Qorax
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CAIPS:
CAIPS is short for "Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System". It is the computer system historically used by CIC to process visa applications, and holds all the information on the current status of every immigration application being processed by overseas offices (ie. those outside of Canada), other than new applications at offices which have switched to using the "GCMS" system.

FOSS:
FOSS is short for "Field Operations Support System". It is the computer system historically used by CIC offices in Canada to track all immigration-related information of "in-Canada" applicants - as well as continue to do so for all applicants post 'landing'. The FOSS database is a central repository of information on all persons who have been, may be or are wanted to be seen by Immigration staff. FOSS comprises numerous components including query functions, status entry, docs creation, refugee monitoring, medical profiles, client name and address, airport inspection, access & security, and records maintenance. All Immigration staff that work with the public and the staff that support these officers use FOSS. It is also used by Canadian consulates in various locations in the United States. And like the CAIPS system -it is being superceded by GCMS as well.

GCMS:
GCMS is short for "Global Case Management System", and is the newer computer system that CIC is rolling out across their offices around the globe. Once fully incorporated it would supersede CAIPS & FOSS; and manage all info under one umbrella - Mother of All. It's still under implementation in many overseas CHCs. And expected to be fully operational by 2012.

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
deba_avik said:
Ya, minimum $5 from within Canada.

Get the general info from here:
http://www.lawpoint.ca/index.php/Online-CAIPS/GCMS-request.html
thanks +1 for u.
may i know how and when can be aware of the MI4 details? when they publish full details of new scheme. ;D

Ajoy the king

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FSWCIO said:
don't worry i am aware about the cap still i took the chance only. and you dont need to notarized your copies of documents but you need to verify your educational documents by your respective institution. thanks for ur advice. and may i know which of your friend got his application back so early? as far i know CIO is not that quick. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
dude, don't be such a moron 8)
Educational docs are not the only docs required by CIO. u need to submit Birth certificate, Marriage certificate etc which must be notarized.
besides, some docs must be original (verified/ notarized wont gonna work) such as IELTS,Degree transcripts, Employer ref certificate etc. my friend got his app back quickly because he used his bro's address who lives in canada.

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
Ajoy the king said:
Educational docs are not the only docs required by CIO. u need to submit Birth certificate, Marriage certificate etc which must be notarized.
besides, some docs must be original (verified/ notarized wont gonna work) such as IELTS,Degree transcripts, Employer ref certificate etc. my friend got his app back quickly because he used his bro's address who lives in canada.
i think you should share ur frends timeline and NOC instead of ur, in ur profile, :p it seems u own messed up ur FSW aplicaton and gonna be rejected soon. Still i hope u might have good luck.how come u had a guess that only u know that FSW application need those documents and i know nothing. u talk useless like a stupid... and stop spreading rumor like ur friend got back his application because he used his brothers address. why on earth a applicant will use someone else's address in this case. a applicant can only use their/their authorised consultng farm's addres. dont be pathetic and misguide others. thanks

Ajoy the king

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FSWCIO said:
i think you should share ur frends timeline and NOC instead of ur, in ur profile, :p it seems u own messed up ur FSW aplicaton and gonna be rejected soon. Still i hope u might have good luck.how come u had a guess that only u know that FSW application need those documents and i know nothing. u talk useless like a stupid... and stop spreading rumor like ur friend got back his application because he used his brothers address. why on earth a applicant will use someone else's address in this case. a applicant can only use their/their authorised consultng farm's addres. dont be pathetic and misguide others. thanks
hi,
u again proved that u know nothing about canada immigration.
FYI,an applicant can use his brother's/sister's/relative's address if he appoints him as his representative (check form IMM 5476). if u think i am misguiding others by advising them to notarize their docs then i must say go through "EG7 booklet". Soon u will find out i was never spreading rumor because u r about to get your app returned due to cap reach.

sksec103

Star Member
Feb 4, 2012
Ahmedabad,Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with app
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
26-8-2011
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
20-11-2011
Interview........
16-02-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on 21st June_2012
LANDED..........
soon
I got PP back of my daughter from CIC for MR.

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Waiting
Ajoy the king said:
hi,
u again proved that u know nothing about canada immigration.
FYI,an applicant can use his brother's/sister's/relative's address if he appoints him as his representative (check form IMM 5476). if u think i am misguiding others by advising them to notarize their docs then i must say go through "EG7 booklet". Soon u will find out i was never spreading rumor because u r about to get your app returned due to cap reach.
How can you be sure that his application is coming back due to cap reach? Try to motivate instead of trying anyone to be disheartened. I feel this is the worst words for those who applied and thirsty to get PER. Your approach could be different to show him the same thing, if you have a different view.

FSWCIO, you and all of us are here for a unique objective. We should stay under an umbrella and help each other instead of attacking personally. I am sorry, I am not here to teach you but to request you as my friend. May Almighty be good to all of us.

:) :)
deba_avik

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
sksec103 said:
Dear All, i am sharing my interview detail here for help of others.

I was informed by CHC new delhi for interview on 5th JAn_2012 that your interview is scheduled on 16th FEB_2012.
means i have 40 days time, i want to urge everyone that please get caips note if u have interview and have more than 30 days time before interview as i missed it as CAIPS is showing exact reason of interview which will help us fot better preparation of interview on specific requirement.

I entered CHC office at 8:30 as my interview was at 9:30, we were 15 ppl at that day.
my turn was 10th out of 15 applicant and i was only one who have already completed Medical, sent RRPF and PP, other all are waiting for MR.

There are total 15 cabins at CHC New delhi and depending of requirement 5 to 6 VOfifcer are conducting interviews.
Before entering our security check conducted and nothing allowed inside except DOCs in office ( they are taking Mobiles and laptop with them).
My turn came around at 10:40 in cabin 11.
One more thing that they are announcing applicant name once and in very low voice and because of that some of appl didnt recongize their turn too.
VO was indian and he has welcomed me and round question started.
he asked me my name :: i replied in short.
He then asked my daughter Birth certificate :: i have given english translated BC then he has asked gujarati original copy and from that i cme to know that he knows gujarati too he satisfied withthat.
then he has asaked my baby PP :: i gave it ans he has asked few question abt her PP.
then he has asked me about my job,salary and IT retun , form 16 .
i gave everything and also explained.
then he has asked my bank statement :: as my case was AEO so i told i havent kept it with me so he has asked my salary slip.
...... Now original interview started about which i never prepered seriously.
He has asked my marirage certificate: i gave him.
then he has asked my wifes name twice at 5 munites interval to check what in his mind::
i replied.
then he has asked my relation photoes including marriage, i gave him whle small album of 25 photoes which i specially prepared<
he has demanded more photoes of marriage lunch, which was not with me so i told him i have each and every photo available with me in laptop if u permit i will show u, then he has told why not kept whole big marriage album, so i told it was too bulky and not possible to keep in delhi friom GJ.
now he has started to note in paper::
he asked few ppl name in one of mine photo of my honeymoon, i dont remember one of it so i tols him some false name, he has noted.
he has asked my daughter's who is 4 month old doctor while her birth , i told i dont remember exact name, he has asked abt present doctor i answered and he has noted.
he asked abt my wifes likes and dislikes.
he has asked things which i like and dont like in my wife>
he has asked the latest gift which i have given to my wife
he has asked about my wifes best friend name , detail.
all i have given hima and he has noted.
.... immidiately he has called my wife ( dear all please note that i was the first applicant at that day whose spouse/ dependant called in cabin for interview)
he has aksed all question which he has noted t my wifw for cross check.
some of our answer mateched while more was different and he immidiately come to know about it.

then he has called me inside agian and told your answers are differing with yur wifw i exlained that i was nerveous and forgot some of the thing.
after few some question he has completed out interview.
at last he has told he will still satisfied with your relation and marriage althought difference in answer.
i am approving your file and application, still final u will come to know within 3 to 4 week.

then i have asked him few questions like when i will MR for daughter, how much time it will take.

i hope u like this detail althought it is not formated due to less time available.
i got MR for y daughter very next day and office has tols he will return my baby PP back which he has taken while interview.CHC

i have one question that CHC has told in letter on 17th that they are returning PP back,
but still it noted reached to my address, how much time it will take as only 45 days are there of MD.

which courier agency they are using in india as my was put from canada and i am living in india so till date all corrospondence was with cananda address but they are sending PP only in india.
that is really scarey.... thanks for share. Good Luck. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Julieana

Nov 8, 2011
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Appeal Case.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
PP submitted on 10.11.14
NetworkWarrier said:
if you got the medical exam , that is mean your file has not problem in points and security check or any documents ??
Yes, otherwise CHC sends refusal letter not MR.

xhogu1980

Feb 29, 2012
Ajoy the king said:
Hi :)
I'm gathering the documents and going to apply pretty soon, but I'm having some little difficulties with the forms. First I wanted to know if it is necessary to have letters of reference from all the employers, cause for me it is impossible to get them, but I do have letters of reference from the employers for the job i want to be considered as work experience. Can U help me with this? Thanks a lot