+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Sponsorship (Other Relative)**March 2019**

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Thanks for your response. My sister doesn’t have any living relatives in Canada. None of the following as well.
  • spouse
  • common-law partner
  • conjugal partner
  • son or daughter
  • parent
  • grandparent
  • orphaned brother or sister
  • orphaned nephew or niece
  • orphaned grandchild
Momon, it seems there is a question regarding your parents. Would you mind clarifying if they are both dead? Your grandparents as well.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Momon, it seems there is a question regarding your parents. Would you mind clarifying if they are both dead? Your grandparents as well.
I think using deceased would be more professional;) Just saying...

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
I think using deceased would be more professional;) Just saying...
This is not a professional website. It’s a forum for ordinary people. I get your point but I don’t feel the need to use a synonym of what is effectively an understandable word.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
This is not a professional website. It’s a forum for ordinary people. I get your point but I don’t feel the need to use a synonym of what is effectively an understandable word.
You're right I forgot that this is not a professional website;)

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Here is a good explanation:

https://www.settler.ca/english/sponsor-siblings-to-canada/

if your parents are still alive, you can't be sponsored by your sister has a PR... and your sister will need to pass the minimum income requirements LICO for the four of you... this could be around 60,000 / 70,000 annual income, I'm not sure about the exact amount, you could look it up. Good luck...

Momon

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Philippines
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MVO
App. Filed.......
Feb 2019
Doc's Request.
10-06-2019
AOR Received.
06-04-2018
Med's Request
10-06-2019
Med's Done....
13-06-2019
Thank you guys for taking time on my thread. Hi @jddd, yes, my parents & grandparents (mom & dad’s side) are already deceased.

Momon

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Philippines
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MVO
App. Filed.......
Feb 2019
Doc's Request.
10-06-2019
AOR Received.
06-04-2018
Med's Request
10-06-2019
Med's Done....
13-06-2019
Here is a good explanation:

https://www.settler.ca/english/sponsor-siblings-to-canada/

if your parents are still alive, you can't be sponsored by your sister has a PR... and your sister will need to pass the minimum income requirements LICO for the four of you... this could be around 60,000 / 70,000 annual income, I'm not sure about the exact amount, you could look it up. Good luck...
@StephanH thanks. My parents & grandparents are already deceased. I assume my sister has met the requirements you mentioned as she has already received an email from CIC advising she has met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
@StephanH thanks. My parents & grandparents are already deceased. I assume my sister has met the requirements you mentioned as she has already received an email from CIC advising she has met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor
So, there we go..... good luck

Reactions: Momon

dmanaig85

May 16, 2019
Hi! We have the same application. Me and my family are being sponsored by my sister. Id like to ask about Biometric Instruction Letter, I paid for me and my family, however, the BIL that I received was only for me. In your case, did you receive the BIL for your family all at the same time? Thank you. Your answer will be much appreciated.

Momon

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Philippines
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MVO
App. Filed.......
Feb 2019
Doc's Request.
10-06-2019
AOR Received.
06-04-2018
Med's Request
10-06-2019
Med's Done....
13-06-2019
Hi! We have the same application. Me and my family are being sponsored by my sister. Id like to ask about Biometric Instruction Letter, I paid for me and my family, however, the BIL that I received was only for me. In your case, did you receive the BIL for your family all at the same time? Thank you. Your answer will be much appreciated.
Hi @dmanaig85
I have received 2 BIL’s the same day, 1 for me and 1 for my wife. Here’s the CIC link to where you can find who needs to give biometrics.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

dmanaig85

May 16, 2019
I see. I did not receive any for my husband. Did you receive the one for your wife on your CIC Account or thru email? Im a little worried. Thank you!

Have you received your med request? Our case is very rare, hirap humanap ng info sa forums. Hehe thank you for your reply. Lets all pray for positive results.

Momon

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Philippines
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MVO
App. Filed.......
Feb 2019
Doc's Request.
10-06-2019
AOR Received.
06-04-2018
Med's Request
10-06-2019
Med's Done....
13-06-2019
I see. I did not receive any for my husband. Did you receive the one for your wife on your CIC Account or thru email? Im a little worried. Thank you!

Have you received your med request? Our case is very rare, hirap humanap ng info sa forums. Hehe thank you for your reply. Lets all pray for positive results.
Via email ko po nareceive yung BIL for me and my wife. Dun po sa email na nilagay ko sa application namen. Di ko pa kasi na link sa GC Key application namen that time.

Tama rare po application naten dahil sa family stream, last option ang other relatives eh. May sinusundan po akong forum for family sponsorship, send ko sa inyo link pag nahanap ko. Check nyo din po email ng husband nyo baka nailagay nyo sa app nyo yung email address nya.

Ano po timeline nyo?