10-06-2019
AOR Received.
06-04-2018
Med's Request
10-06-2019
Med's Done....
13-06-2019
Hi,

I’m from the Philippines. My sister has submitted her application to sponsor me and my family under Family Class (other relative) which was receive by CIC 04 March 2019. We just had our biometrics on 17 April. In ECAS, it shows that they started processing our application on 25 April.

Based from what I have read in the CIC site, it looks like the next step is medical exam. Let me know otherwise. I’m hoping someone here would be able to advise how long it usually take to receive a request for medical after giving biometrics.

Thank you in advance.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Sponsorship under the lonely Canadian rule is rare, of the only 1 instance that I heard of, it took 2 and a half years before the decision and they were rejected because the sponsor was found to have other living relatives in Canada (on the forms, they said they did not).

Momon

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Philippines
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MVO
App. Filed.......
Feb 2019
Doc's Request.
10-06-2019
AOR Received.
06-04-2018
Med's Request
10-06-2019
Med's Done....
13-06-2019
Sponsorship under the lonely Canadian rule is rare, of the only 1 instance that I heard of, it took 2 and a half years before the decision and they were rejected because the sponsor was found to have other living relatives in Canada (on the forms, they said they did not).
Thanks for your response. My sister doesn’t have any living relatives in Canada. None of the following as well.
  • spouse
  • common-law partner
  • conjugal partner
  • son or daughter
  • parent
  • grandparent
  • orphaned brother or sister
  • orphaned nephew or niece
  • orphaned grandchild

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Thanks for your response. My sister doesn’t have any living relatives in Canada. None of the following as well.
  • spouse
  • common-law partner
  • conjugal partner
  • son or daughter
  • parent
  • grandparent
  • orphaned brother or sister
  • orphaned nephew or niece
  • orphaned grandchild
Good. Was just telling you the reason for rejection of the application I know about.

Momon

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Philippines
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MVO
App. Filed.......
Feb 2019
Doc's Request.
10-06-2019
AOR Received.
06-04-2018
Med's Request
10-06-2019
Med's Done....
13-06-2019
Crossing my fingers. Hoping that everything will go well.

Appreciate ypur insights. Have a good day!

Momon

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Philippines
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MVO
App. Filed.......
Feb 2019
Doc's Request.
10-06-2019
AOR Received.
06-04-2018
Med's Request
10-06-2019
Med's Done....
13-06-2019
Good. Was just telling you the reason for rejection of the application I know about.
Crossing my fingers. Hoping that everything will go well.

Appreciate your insights. Have a good day!

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Hi,

I’m from the Philippines. My sister has submitted her application to sponsor me and my family under Family Class (other relative) which was receive by CIC 04 March 2019. We just had our biometrics on 17 April. In ECAS, it shows that they started processing our application on 25 April.

Based from what I have read in the CIC site, it looks like the next step is medical exam. Let me know otherwise. I’m hoping someone here would be able to advise how long it usually take to receive a request for medical after giving biometrics.

Thank you in advance.
How many people are being sponsored? How long is the visa for, if you all get approved?

Momon

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Philippines
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MVO
App. Filed.......
Feb 2019
Doc's Request.
10-06-2019
AOR Received.
06-04-2018
Med's Request
10-06-2019
Med's Done....
13-06-2019

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

Thank you in advance.
FYI - the other relative category is treated as a lower priority than others in the family stream. You're probably looking at 1.5 to 2 years processing time end to end.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Hi @StephanH. Me, my wife, and kids. Total of 4. It is a PR application
FYI - the other relative category is treated as a lower priority than others in the family stream. You're probably looking at 1.5 to 2 years processing time end to end.
and it's not guaranteed. Maybe CIC will think that this a way too much to bring over, they are just siblings and in laws

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Hm, this was posted in a forum...

You can sponsor any 1 family member of any age (including their spouse/dependents), but only if you are single, no kids, no other family in Canada, and your parents are deceased.

If you don't fall under all those conditions, then you can't sponsor siblings no matter how old they are.

"parents are deceased" ? So, if their parents are still alive, Momon's sister can't sponsor them?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hm, this was posted in a forum...

You can sponsor any 1 family member of any age (including their spouse/dependents), but only if you are single, no kids, no other family in Canada, and your parents are deceased.

If you don't fall under all those conditions, then you can't sponsor siblings no matter how old they are.

"parents are deceased" ? So, if their parents are still alive, Momon's sister can't sponsor them?
Read the previous posts. OP already stated there are no living parents.

and it's not guaranteed. Maybe CIC will think that this a way too much to bring over, they are just siblings and in laws
The app will not be refused if IRCC thinks "this is way too much to bring over". If they qualify, they will be approved.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........

The app will not be refused if IRCC thinks "this is way too much to bring over". If they qualify, they will be approved.

I'm confused with the parents deceased part? Does that mean their parents have to be deceased in their home Country? so they could be sponsored? I know about the not living in Canada part... but this seems a bit confusing.

Reactions: Rackellat

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I'm confused with the parents deceased part? Does that mean their parents have to be deceased in their home Country? so they could be sponsored? I know about the not living in Canada part... but this seems a bit confusing.
What is confusing? Yes, the parents must be deceased.