+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fake Canadian Immigration Team

lenijames

Sep 17, 2013
Hi
Although these events have happened in November 2013....it is not the end of it. Today February 25th 2014 at 1.37 pm I received a call from +1254375829646 and the conversation was just the same as the original post said. At first I thought it was a genuine call. But then when the guy was telling me that this call is being recorded and in case I disconnect the call, there would be no other option but to deport me back to India. Then he continued to persist me to go to the nearest Canada Post Office to wire the money. The next day one person from immigration will come to my house and blah blah blay... the same modus operandi. At the beginning when they tell all your information you are so sure that it is not a fake call. It is only when they keep on persisting that I should not disconnect the call and have to decide now itself either of the two options and if I wanted to stay I have to send the money instantly, that we realize it is a scam. However the best part is that when I came to Canada 2 months back... I never gave my mobile number any where. So how does the immigration know my mob number when I just got the mob three weeks before only. This may be some recruiters who have advertised in the job sites and as we are applying for jobs they get the entire information. At last I told them since I am not getting a job in my profession it is better you send someone to deport me. He said u would receive a call within 30 minutes regarding the deportation instructions. I said Thank You... will be waiting for that to happen eagerly.....

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made April 15, 2013
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
lenijames said:
Hi
Although these events have happened in November 2013....it is not the end of it. Today February 25th 2014 at 1.37 pm I received a call from +1254375829646 and the conversation was just the same as the original post said. At first I thought it was a genuine call. But then when the guy was telling me that this call is being recorded and in case I disconnect the call, there would be no other option but to deport me back to India. Then he continued to persist me to go to the nearest Canada Post Office to wire the money. The next day one person from immigration will come to my house and blah blah blay... the same modus operandi. At the beginning when they tell all your information you are so sure that it is not a fake call. It is only when they keep on persisting that I should not disconnect the call and have to decide now itself either of the two options and if I wanted to stay I have to send the money instantly, that we realize it is a scam. However the best part is that when I came to Canada 2 months back... I never gave my mobile number any where. So how does the immigration know my mob number when I just got the mob three weeks before only. This may be some recruiters who have advertised in the job sites and as we are applying for jobs they get the entire information. At last I told them since I am not getting a job in my profession it is better you send someone to deport me. He said u would receive a call within 30 minutes regarding the deportation instructions. I said Thank You... will be waiting for that to happen eagerly.....
lol that is so funny, i would hang up the call and call cic to confirm if they are trying to call me. We have to be very careful with these fake people who scam people

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
It is a scam. I believe area code +254 is Kenya. Anyone calling from CIC has to identify themselves properly and say why they are calling. They will not ask you to go transfer money. If you are ever unsure, just tell the person you will call CIC and confirm yourself.

As for your phone number, they could have gotten it from your Resume if you posted it on a job website.

lenijames said:
Hi

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Don't Become a Victim of Immigration Fraud
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2014/2014-03-13.asp

Enter the details of your lawyer/representative.
You can see if they are regulated by the ICCRC (Immigration consultants of Canada Regulatory Council). If they are an Active member of the Council, it will show up in this website.
http://www.iccrc-crcic.ca/home.cfm?setLanCookie=En

ajitbaruah

Jun 16, 2012
I had similar experience. Currently my PR application is in process and it is in an advance stage. Yesterday evening I got a call, and the lady said she is calling from CIC. I took it as a genuine call thinking this to be a response to one of my query to CIC send couple of days back. She called me by my name. Assuming that for verification she is asking me Client ID and details, I gave all the info for myself and family member including Passport numbers. She was telling me that, she is processing my case and she has to process it that day itself. And then started telling how to do the stamping and all this. She also told me somebody will be coming the next day to verify it in person, and I need to deposit the right of admission fee ($1000 for 2 adults) in the nearest Canada Post office within next half hour for processing otherwise my application may be refused. Then I told her that whether she is going to send any email with all these information. I told her that I dont feel comfortable in paying anything without any written communication, then she said got little paused. I did a trick and said that her voice is not clear and asked her to provide me a number to call her back from my landline. After a pause again she gave me a number but later found that it belongs to some center in Ottawa. The number from which I got the call is a weird one with 12 digits without even the country code . 905 340 938 285.

Then I call CIC helpline number, and surprisingly they told me this may be or may not be a genuine call. At-least I am sure that the way they have asked me to deposit the money can not be a genuine process. and CIC helpline should be able to confirm that atleast.

I am bit concerned as I have given all my family members Passport details and client id numbers. I have already sent a mail to CPC-CIC on this, but no-reply yet. Please share if anybody else have this type of experience.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajitbaruah said:
I had similar experience. Currently my PR application is in process and it is in an advance stage. Yesterday evening I got a call, and the lady said she is calling from CIC. I took it as a genuine call thinking this to be a response to one of my query to CIC send couple of days back. She called me by my name. Assuming that for verification she is asking me Client ID and details, I gave all the info for myself and family member including Passport numbers. She was telling me that, she is processing my case and she has to process it that day itself. And then started telling how to do the stamping and all this. She also told me somebody will be coming the next day to verify it in person, and I need to deposit the right of admission fee ($1000 for 2 adults) in the nearest Canada Post office within next half hour for processing otherwise my application may be refused. Then I told her that whether she is going to send any email with all these information. I told her that I dont feel comfortable in paying anything without any written communication, then she said got little paused. I did a trick and said that her voice is not clear and asked her to provide me a number to call her back from my landline. After a pause again she gave me a number but later found that it belongs to some center in Ottawa. The number from which I got the call is a weird one with 12 digits without even the country code . 905 340 938 285.

Then I call CIC helpline number, and surprisingly they told me this may be or may not be a genuine call. At-least I am sure that the way they have asked me to deposit the money can not be a genuine process. and CIC helpline should be able to confirm that atleast.

I am bit concerned as I have given all my family members Passport details and client id numbers. I have already sent a mail to CPC-CIC on this, but no-reply yet. Please share if anybody else have this type of experience.
I really think no one should ever give his personal details over the phone to anyone unless you are the initiator of the call (i.e. you calling some organization). Its just a common sense. Period. That simple.

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Hi,

I have also received same call today, surprisingly she (calling person) has my contact information. I did not provide any other information.

She was going to transfer the call to account officer, but I asked them for their Ottawa address. Then she has disconnected the phone.

I called CIC, they have confirmed that it is not from CIC and CIC will not ask for money on the phone. So please pay attention and don't provide any information.

Tell them that, you will go to INDIA and handle this personally. They will definitely force you to accept the offer to pay money, then you know it is fraud. CIC WILL NEVER ASK MONEY ON THE PHONE. Just remember that.

After that you can call to CIC just to confirm whether they need any information on your file. You can tell CIC regarding the fraud call.

Thank you,
IBM.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
So, how are these callers privy to so much information about people's immigration applications? Is there a leak somewhere?

Maxim1251

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2013-07-12
AOR Received.
2013-09-12
IELTS Request
Submitted with package
Med's Request
2014-02-25
Med's Done....
2014-03-04 (received on 2014-03-13)
Passport Req..
2014-04-10
VISA ISSUED...
2014-04-14
LANDED..........
2014-04-17
LPS said:
So, how are these callers privy to so much information about people's immigration applications? Is there a leak somewhere?
Perhaps database or its part from trackitt.com somehow got leaked? Honestly, I doubt it is from CIC itself...