+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fake Canadian Immigration Team

Mar 16, 2015
Today, I received a call from a girl claiming to be from CIC telling me that a case has been registered against me in the CIC Canada by the Indian High commission New Delhi because I don't have an Unique Identification Number of India. She told me that I have to go India to fill up forms and when I told that I couldn't go now because of personal reasons then she told me that a lawyer is going to take up my case in Canada who will resolve my issue from here in Canada. She gave me a file number and then transferred me to another lady Cassey Black who told me to deposit $750 urgently to the post office for processing my application otherwise my case will be transferred to the legal department and also told me not to disconnect the call. These guys had all my information - dob, address. Keeping her on hold I asked one of my friend and he told me that this might me a fake call because the embassy never directly asks you for money. After that I disconnected her call. But she kept me calling for 2 more time and I didn't pick up their call. Then I came up to this website and became sure that they made this kind of calls earlier also to many people. Its unbelievable that some guys are calling in the name of CIC. I never thought of this. Thank God I didn't provide them any other critical information.

kapil90

Jul 10, 2014
i did receive similar kind of call last week by a guy named (Alex) from the CIC verification team ,Mentioning about a case being registered under my name in high commission India for not completing a registration called IOC and then he provided me with a case id and transferred me to a senior officer who was a lady (sounded Indian) she straight away verified my details and asked me to go to a Canada Post where i can pay the charge of 875 CAD and she told me that the call is being recorded so i cannot disconnect the call .... she asked me to right away go to Canada post while she is connected over the phone.... i was very suspicious about paying the money right away as she was forcing me to.. then i told her that it will take me 10 minutes to reach the Canada post but instead of going yo the Canada post i went to Indian High commission which is very near to my house then i ask the lady to talk to the one of the officer from the high commission and handed over the phone to him but the lady hang up the phone....

i told the officer everything about the call and the officer mentioned me that it was just another scam call from India... they told me not to worry about it , as even back in India the intelligent department and the crime Branch are keeping a tracker on all the Money Gram office and western union office especially in New Delhi so that they can catch the main culprit behind this scam its been informed that even the people working in the money gram and western union office are involved in this scam....
sooner or later this scammers will be caught ...and punished even the indian government are into action keeping a track on all the consultancy portal and the location where the money has been received....

thank you all for all the post and sharing your experiences through all this post we can at least save some one from getting scammed
thank you all once again

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
kapil90 said:
i did receive similar kind of call last week by a guy named (Alex) from the CIC verification team ,Mentioning about a case being registered under my name in high commission India for not completing a registration called IOC and then he provided me with a case id and transferred me to a senior officer who was a lady (sounded Indian) she straight away verified my details and asked me to go to a Canada Post where i can pay the charge of 875 CAD and she told me that the call is being recorded so i cannot disconnect the call .... she asked me to right away go to Canada post while she is connected over the phone.... i was very suspicious about paying the money right away as she was forcing me to.. then i told her that it will take me 10 minutes to reach the Canada post but instead of going yo the Canada post i went to Indian High commission which is very near to my house then i ask the lady to talk to the one of the officer from the high commission and handed over the phone to him but the lady hang up the phone....

i told the officer everything about the call and the officer mentioned me that it was just another scam call from India... they told me not to worry about it , as even back in India the intelligent department and the crime Branch are keeping a tracker on all the Money Gram office and western union office especially in New Delhi so that they can catch the main culprit behind this scam its been informed that even the people working in the money gram and western union office are involved in this scam....
sooner or later this scammers will be caught ...and punished even the indian government are into action keeping a track on all the consultancy portal and the location where the money has been received....

thank you all for all the post and sharing your experiences through all this post we can at least save some one from getting scammed
thank you all once again
First of all Congrats and you did good Job.
CIC never call and ask for any money directly ..

If I were you . My simple answer . drop me a email form CIC id and I will follow that. Simple

Anyway good that you not trapped into this

Happy for you
Good Luck :)