Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
hi were on the same boat my fiance got authorization approval last November 27 but her visa application still in process. applied before April 9 please keep posted if you any good news and same as well
Will do! Our family member ended up responding to the authorization email informing IRCC that they still have a visitor visa in progress that was submitted before April 9th. Hopefully we will hear something soon on next steps as the visa office responsible for processing their application hasn't been much help.

Canaija2020

Dec 4, 2020
I've got a unique situation. My brother applied for the written authorization so he could visit me in Canada.
We did not hear back for over 4 weeks. I contacted the MP for my constituency, who then helped to contact IRCC.
My MP was informed that my brother's application was approved a week after he applied but my brother did not receive any e-mail regarding the approval.
A message has been forwarded to the Issuing team and we are waiting to hear back from IRCC. We've been told that there is not timeline on when they will respond.

We have also contacted IRCC through the web form.

Has anyone experienced this before? Please do you have any suggestion on how to go about this?

paul22381

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
I've got a unique situation. My brother applied for the written authorization so he could visit me in Canada.
We did not hear back for over 4 weeks. I contacted the MP for my constituency, who then helped to contact IRCC.
My MP was informed that my brother's application was approved a week after he applied but my brother did not receive any e-mail regarding the approval.
A message has been forwarded to the Issuing team and we are waiting to hear back from IRCC. We've been told that there is not timeline on when they will respond.

Has anyone experienced this before? Please do you have any suggestion on how to go about this?
ive heard so many cases same as you. please visit on facebook "faces of advocacy" this page is fighting for those extended family forgotten by the goverment of canada

Last edited:

Sparklesk90

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
I spoke to an IRCC rep this AM (Dec 03). She initially told me the minor child didn't need a separate authorisation email - but I asked her to double check. She came back and told me that yes, the child did need their own authorisation. She checked the case and said it was, in effect, closed and we had to send in a resubmission for the minor child, including all documents, also including a copy of the mother's approval, and wait for an authorisation for the child. How long it would take wasn't possible to confirm, whether it would be faster because of the mother's existing authorisation wasn't possible to confirm.
Hi..

Please keep us posted if case of any response for the kid's approval email. Fingers crossed.

alb20

Dec 4, 2020
An interesting question. Yes, two forms, both submitted in one email. Also a resubmission (after passing time) of both forms, mother and dependant child, one email. The reply came to the resubmission, but (looking at it), only mentioned the mother's name and passport number in the approval. In hindsight, we assumed that was for both - we may, of course, be wrong. She's driving up a week on Saturday, so I guess we'll either get a second email, not get on e and they'll both get through, or I'll be catching a last minute plane. Has anyone else here been in a similar application case (adult and dependant child), and if so did you get two approvals or one?

alb20

Dec 4, 2020
Hi did you got and answer after resubmit ?
my brother applied October 18 almost 2 months and we haven’t got any email back

alb20

Dec 4, 2020

Did you got answer ? We applied October 18 and nothing yet just contact my local MP HOPEFULLY THEY WILL HELP

Canaija2020

Dec 4, 2020
Did you got answer ? We applied October 18 and nothing yet just contact my local MP HOPEFULLY THEY WILL HELP
Not yet. Your MP will be able to get you an update within 48 hours after inquiry. You need to grant them consent to look into your file first by filling out some forms. I am hopeful and i wish you luck as well.

Canaija2020

Dec 4, 2020
Not yet. Your MP will be able to get you an update within 48 hours after inquiry. You need to grant them consent to look into your file first by filling out some forms. I am hopeful and i wish you luck as well.
We got a reply from IRCC today. They re-sent the original approval letter. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

IceD.

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
Sorry for the confusion, but what is a local MP?

IceD.

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
Applied on the 9th as well still waiting. There's someone here that applied on 13th and got it back on the 19th. It leads me to believe it's not first come first serve basis
how did you apply? is it via email? i cannot find what email address to send to.