+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extended family authorization application

Haseeb Hassan

Oct 8, 2020
Hi there, I am new to this group. I am a Canadian citizen and would like to invite my younger sister to come visit Canada. She has a visitor visa and under the update on 8th October she is able to get an authorization to visit Canada.

The problem I am having is that the form is confusing. Section 3 seems to be where she signs. Section 4 has a declaration for me to fill out but I have nowhere to sign. This signature has to be witnessed by a lawyer but without a place to sign the lawyer can't do anything. Section 5 just seems to be for the lawyer.

My question is, has anyone filled this form and can you guide as to where my sister needs to sign and where I need to sign?

paul22381

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Hi there, I am new to this group. I am a Canadian citizen and would like to invite my younger sister to come visit Canada. She has a visitor visa and under the update on 8th October she is able to get an authorization to visit Canada.

The problem I am having is that the form is confusing. Section 3 seems to be where she signs. Section 4 has a declaration for me to fill out but I have nowhere to sign. This signature has to be witnessed by a lawyer but without a place to sign the lawyer can't do anything. Section 5 just seems to be for the lawyer.

My question is, has anyone filled this form and can you guide as to where my sister needs to sign and where I need to sign?
in my opinion she dont need to sign just put her full name by typing. there is a note at top " i agree that typing my name, i electronically signing my application" your the one who need to sign in front of the lawyer or commisioner of aoth

gentlesoul78

Jun 16, 2020
Hi folks, I would like to know if i can now travel to Canada as an immediate/extended family member. I am a Uk citizen ( Adult )and my parent and siblings are Canadians. I have ETA already. Am i now exempted to border restrictions as per the october 8th latest news? Your response is highly appreciated.

Haseeb Hassan

Oct 8, 2020
Hi folks, I would like to know if i can now travel to Canada as an immediate/extended family member. I am a Uk citizen ( Adult )and my parent and siblings are Canadians. I have ETA already. Am i now exempted to border restrictions as per the october 8th latest news? Your response is highly appreciated.
You would need the updated IMM 0006 form to visit them. Make sure you get the updated one where there is a place for signatures.

paul22381

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
You would need the updated IMM 0006 form to visit them. Make sure you get the updated one where there is a place for signatures.
do we need to sign to applicant in other country? and send to canada to notarized is there any posibble she can signed her signature as electronic that is wasting time christmas season is coming :) im ready to go to public law office to notarized but IRCC updated the form

Haseeb Hassan

Oct 8, 2020
do we need to sign to applicant in other country? and send to canada to notarized is there any posibble she can signed her signature as electronic that is wasting time christmas season is coming :) im ready to go to public law office to notarized but IRCC updated the form
You (the Canadian citizen or PR card holder) will fill the IMM 0006 and send it to your sibling. They will sign it and send it back. Then you need to print it and take it to a lawyer/ commissioner of oaths/ notary public to sign in front of them and to get them to sign it as well. You will scan the final form send it back to your sibling. They will then email cic on a specific email they provide for this for an authorization. Once they get the authorization in writing they can travel. Please note they will still need a visitor visa or eTA depending on where they are coming from.

paul22381

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
You (the Canadian citizen or PR card holder) will fill the IMM 0006 and send it to your sibling. They will sign it and send it back. Then you need to print it and take it to a lawyer/ commissioner of oaths/ notary public to sign in front of them and to get them to sign it as well. You will scan the final form send it back to your sibling. They will then email cic on a specific email they provide for this for an authorization. Once they get the authorization in writing they can travel. Please note they will still need a visitor visa or eTA depending on where they are coming from.
You mean she can sign it then scan and email to me after that i will print with her signature and bring to lawyer to notarized? It takes time if she send via courier international the original copy

Haseeb Hassan

Oct 8, 2020
You mean she can sign it then scan and email to me after that i will print with her signature and bring to lawyer to notarized? It takes time if she send via courier international the original copy
That is correct. She can scan and send. You need to do the same once it's completed

microbio1

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hi,

can you please advise me because I am filling this form Imm 0006 for my brother who is a minor (5 years old) as he is coming to canada with my parents. How can he sign the form if he does not know how. Thank you.

Haseeb Hassan

Oct 8, 2020
Hi,

can you please advise me because I am filling this form Imm 0006 for my brother who is a minor (5 years old) as he is coming to canada with my parents. How can he sign the form if he does not know how. Thank you.
I don't know the answer to this. In most cases the legal guardian (your parents) can sign on his behalf. That being said you're better off to ask the lawyer who will be notarizing this for you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Immediate family members still aren’t guaranteed special authorization so make sure to wait before booking any flights.

mohsink988

Oct 13, 2020
Hi Haseeb,

I filled out the form and emailed them that they introduced on the 8th of october itself. It seems there is an updated form on the 9th. What happens now? Do I need to resend everything with the new form? Or just wait and see what happens because its not my fault as they updated after I sent my email.
Thanks

K7moda

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Hi Haseeb,

I filled out the form and emailed them that they introduced on the 8th of october itself. It seems there is an updated form on the 9th. What happens now? Do I need to resend everything with the new form? Or just wait and see what happens because its not my fault as they updated after I sent my email.
Thanks
It depends. If you sent the form on the 8th then no need. If you sent after then you need the updated form. This info is from the facebook page post by ircc. Good luck!