+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extended family authorization application

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I am Canadian citizen and wants to apply Visitor visa for my brother and his family who are living in Pakistan as Extended family member. Please advise me how to process for application for authorization and statutory declaration (IMM 0006). Is there anyone from Pakistan who can advise me please? thanks
They can apply for visitor visas but processing times are about 450 days so over a year. So they need the visitor visas first. A lot can change in a year but right now only your brother not his family are included under the definition of extended family and if approved, only he is eligible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mohtasim

Mohtasim

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
18-11-2011
IELTS Request
Already done
Med's Request
26-April-2012
Med's Done....
21-May-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-09-2012
LANDED..........
23-04-2013
They can apply for visitor visas but processing times are about 450 days so over a year. So they need the visitor visas first. A lot can change in a year but right now only your brother not his family are included under the definition of extended family and if approved, only he is eligible.
Thanks alot.... Shocked I didn't even think about it... but very informative info. Thanks again

Craig3558

Dec 27, 2020
Hello Im just wondering what type of evidence that has to to proven to justify that you and your significant other are in an "exclusive relationship" when applying for an authorization letter.
I have sent the official signed and stamped documents of our civil partnership/common law by the Mairie from our village in France.

Gsingh2016

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Huey

Hi I recently I got my copr I applied for travel exemption under extended family member my sister is Canadian pr but they only approved my application for travel they refused for my wife and son is there any way I can get one approved...

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Huey

Hi I recently I got my copr I applied for travel exemption under extended family member my sister is Canadian pr but they only approved my application for travel they refused for my wife and son is there any way I can get one approved...
Your wife and son aren’t eligible to travel as extended family members under current definitions.

KHJN

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
My time line
As Extended family member
12nov20 Applied online
22nov20 Sent email to ircc explaining my relationship and not aware of the imm0006 form.
11dec20 Got a reply on email from ircc on to submitt imm0006 form along with proof of relationship to process application.
18dec20 Sent imm0006 form with all the required docs.
04jan21 got 3 messages on my cic account for passport request, exemption approval to travel with 6months validity and biometrics update.
05jan20 passport sent through courier.
Now waiting :)

Gsingh2016

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Your wife and son aren’t eligible to travel as extended family members under current definitions.
Once I land in Canada my pr status will activate can I then apply for their travel exemption as immediate family members strait away or is there any certain period of time that have to wait before do that like wait for pr card etc

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Once I land in Canada my pr status will activate can I then apply for their travel exemption as immediate family members strait away or is there any certain period of time that have to wait before do that like wait for pr card etc
Do you have an exemption to travel. Do you have a visitor visa to travel. The purpose is to travel not to activate your COPR but reunite with family. Your COPR is not a travel document if received after March 18. You can try.

Gsingh2016

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Do you have an exemption to travel. Do you have a visitor visa to travel. The purpose is to travel not to activate your COPR but reunite with family. Your COPR is not a travel document if received after March 18. You can try.
I have got copr that was issued on 21/11/2020 and I also have travel exemption letter from Ircc

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have got copr that was issued on 21/11/2020 and I also have travel exemption letter from Ircc
But your COPR is not a travel document. Since COPRs aren’t allowed to travel if approved after March 2020, you need a valid travel document (Eta, visa). However try and see if you are allowed to board. All the best.

Zittj

Nov 15, 2020
@
My time line
As Extended family member
12nov20 Applied online
22nov20 Sent email to ircc explaining my relationship and not aware of the imm0006 form.
11dec20 Got a reply on email from ircc on to submitt imm0006 form along with proof of relationship to process application.
18dec20 Sent imm0006 form with all the required docs.
04jan21 got 3 messages on my cic account for passport request, exemption approval to travel with 6months validity and biometrics update.
05jan20 passport sent through courier.
Now waiting :)
Please what did you apply online? Is it PR or Visitors visa?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Visit visa my sister is a PR holder.
If you have a TRV you'll be able to land as a visitor andcthen you'll need to ask the government to do a virtual landing as an inland applicant. That could take a few months. You will not be able to work and will not qualify for free healthcare during that time. Then your wife a d children will qualify to join you if they have TRVs but they'll also have to arrive as visitors and then ask to land as an inland applicant

Zittj

Nov 15, 2020
Please who knows the email address of visa office Accra, Ghana and ircc office Ottawa? I need both please