+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extended family authorization application

stuntt1010

Jan 12, 2021
Huey

Hi I recently I got my copr I applied for travel exemption under extended family member my sister is Canadian pr but they only approved my application for travel they refused for my wife and son is there any way I can get one approved...
Hi,
I also got my COPR on the 21st of December 2020. My girlfriend of 2 years is a Canadian citizen and we completed the IMM0006 and I'm about to submit to request authorization to travel (under extended family). Do you think that this will be valid? IRCC states on their website that dating for a year or more and having spent time inphysical presence of each other does count as extended family member. Please advise.

THank you in anticipation.

Gsingh2016

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Hi,
I also got my COPR on the 21st of December 2020. My girlfriend of 2 years is a Canadian citizen and we completed the IMM0006 and I'm about to submit to request authorization to travel (under extended family). Do you think that this will be valid? IRCC states on their website that dating for a year or more and having spent time inphysical presence of each other does count as extended family member. Please advise.

THank you in anticipation.
It all looks good to go my friend may be you should ask some other experts ...

roc006

Feb 17, 2019
I have got copr that was issued on 21/11/2020 and I also have travel exemption letter from Ircc
Hi Gsingh
I am in similar situation as you. I have copr which was issued after 18th March but I do not have visitor visa. I have sibling in Canada who is pr.
Do you have visitors visa as well.
As far as I could make out from CIC website extended family members are exempted to travel, they need a valid visitor visa or eta. For copr, it says only immediate family members can apply.
But you probably got exemption to travel based on your copr and extended family (sibling). Please share some more information. Thanks.

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Dear all. I hope you're all well. My COPR and VISA were issued on November 2020 and they are valid until April 15th 2021. I have two extended family members in Canada and I am from Morocco. I submitted an application for ETA two days ago.
I was wondering if I have chances to receive that ETA? what is the average timeline to receive it? Please share your timelines if possible. Many thanks.

stuntt1010

Jan 12, 2021
Dear all. I hope you're all well. My COPR and VISA were issued on November 2020 and they are valid until April 15th 2021. I have two extended family members in Canada and I am from Morocco. I submitted an application for ETA two days ago.
I was wondering if I have chances to receive that ETA? what is the average timeline to receive it? Please share your timelines if possible. Many thanks.
Hi,

What do you mean by "Application for "ETA"? You need to submit an IMM0006 form signed by you, your brother and notarized by a Canadian official. I just got a reply from the IRCC and they approved my request to travel, with my COPR to go and reunite with my girlfriend under the "extended family member "category. You will definitely get authorized if you submit under the direct family since you're talking bout your brother.

Good luck man!

PS: It took 6 working days for me to get this reply! God is Mighty and Amazing!!!

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Hi,

What do you mean by "Application for "ETA"? You need to submit an IMM0006 form signed by you, your brother and notarized by a Canadian official. I just got a reply from the IRCC and they approved my request to travel, with my COPR to go and reunite with my girlfriend under the "extended family member "category. You will definitely get authorized if you submit under the direct family since you're talking bout your brother.

Good luck man!

PS: It took 6 working days for me to get this reply! God is Mighty and Amazing!!!
Congratulations brother! thank you for your response.

I Emailed IRCC and submitted IMM0006 alongside supporting documents they require. The problem is that I named the email "eTA - IMM0006E - application for authorization and statutory declaration ". Do you think it's not a big deal? or do I need to email them again and mention "request to travel - IMM0006"?

stuntt1010

Jan 12, 2021
Congratulations brother! thank you for your response.

I Emailed IRCC and submitted IMM0006 alongside supporting documents they require. The problem is that I named the email "eTA - IMM0006E - application for authorization and statutory declaration ". Do you think it's not a big deal? or do I need to email them again and mention "request to travel - IMM0006"?

Hi,

This is the format of the letter I sent

SUBJECT: Application for Extended Family Member (My Name) Passport (My Passport Number) for authorization to travel

Full Name: My Name as it appears on my PP
Date Of Birth: My DOB
Passport Number: My PP number
Citizenship: My Citizenship
Current City and Country of Residence:
City, Country of residence
Category of Request: The category in which I applied for exemption (in my case, it was as an Extended family member)
Reason for Travel: Write the honest story behind the reason why you want to travel. Indicate that you've got your PR and you are ready to go reunite with your brother who is waiting for you, add your timeline and maybe more motivation...

Dates of Travel: Indicate when you're intending to travel. No need to buy a ticket yet but just some potential dates.
Quarantine Plan: Indicate that you understand the strict measures taken by the government and you intend to self isolate in a hotel room or Airbnb and will be ordering food and other essentials via an app and have them delivered where you will be living.
Contents of Attachments: You need to attach a number of items to your email.
1. The signed and notarized IMM0006
2. A copy of your passport and a copy of your immigrant visa sticker
3. A copy of your COPR
4. A copy of your brother's passport, PR card or birth certificate
5. Some evidence of the two of you being brothers (photo of time spent together, anything showing that you're related)

That should do the trick. I am not sure what format you used when you sent the IMM0006 but should you get a negative reply, try again with this format. I don't think you should send it before getting a reply. You never know, just wait until you hear from them.

Good luck my friend! You're almost there!

Reactions: Yassinesnit

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Hi,

SUBJECT: Application for Extended Family Member (My Name) Passport (My Passport Number) for authorization to travel

Category of Request: The category in which I applied for exemption (in my case, it was as an Extended family member)
Reason for Travel: Write the honest story behind the reason why you want to travel. Indicate that you've got your PR and you are ready to go reunite with your brother who is waiting for you, add your timeline and maybe more motivation...

Dates of Travel: Indicate when you're intending to travel. No need to buy a ticket yet but just some potential dates.
Quarantine Plan: Indicate that you understand the strict measures taken by the government and you intend to self isolate in a hotel room or Airbnb and will be ordering food and other essentials via an app and have them delivered where you will be living.
3. A copy of your COPR
5. Some evidence of the two of you being brothers (photo of time spent together, anything showing that you're related)

That should do the trick. I am not sure what format you used when you sent the IMM0006 but should you get a negative reply, try again with this format. I don't think you should send it before getting a reply. You never know, just wait until you hear from them.

Thank you very much for your assistance. I'll keep you posted. When are you traveling to CA?

Gsingh2016

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Hi Gsingh
I am in similar situation as you. I have copr which was issued after 18th March but I do not have visitor visa. I have sibling in Canada who is pr.
Do you have visitors visa as well.
As far as I could make out from CIC website extended family members are exempted to travel, they need a valid visitor visa or eta. For copr, it says only immediate family members can apply.
But you probably got exemption to travel based on your copr and extended family (sibling). Please share some more information. Thanks.
Hi yes I have got visitor visa stamped in my passport as well but I don’t think you have to have visitor visa on your passport to get authorised by ircc. Just do some more research for 100% confirmation

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Hi Fellows. I received the written authorization today :) on the 7th day.
Has anybody traveled with that written authorization?

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Hi,

3. A copy of your COPR

Hi Bro,

Are you traveling anytime soon? I am wondering since we received the written authorization, are we allowed to travel? I really don't want the border office to decline my entry..

ufarooqi

May 22, 2014
Waterloo, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
13-05-2015
IELTS Request
Waived Off
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-05-2015 (Medical Status changed to PASSED on MyCIC)
Passport Req..
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2015
My brother applied for TRV from Dubai UAE on December 7th, 2020. Today he got travel authorization approval in his IRCC account. Not sure if it is a good sign or not because TRV application is still not approved.

swatidewan33

Aug 10, 2019
Hi everyone,

I'm kind of confused at the moment and need some advice. Has anyone requested a written authorization for extended family members and received an answer yet?

I did - and I received written authorization. I attached the correct form (IMM0006) that is only for extended family members and requested via web form.

The problem is:

The authorization letter is saying: reuniting with immediate family members. I have a valid eTA and don't need written authorization for immediate family, only for extended (in this case my boyfriend).

That is written in the letter:

Can somebody tell me if I have a correct written authorization now, or maybe something went wrong?
Thank you, have a good day.
Hi, was your boyfriend able to travel with this letter? If yes, was their any trouble with the immigration authorities?

I am in a similar situation where they gave me a Authorization letter for immediate family although I am eligible for extended family member with my brother being a Canadian PR.

Also if you could confirm this was on a PR or visa? I have a now expired CoPR but I had written them saying that my CoPR is expiring & I want to travel. I am worried if I can travel with this expired CoPR & Authorization letter :(

swatidewan33

Aug 10, 2019
Hi,

I am in a similar situation , having immediate family Authorization Letter while I have an extended family member ( brother) there.

Can I use this to travel? I also have the below situation:

1. A now expired CoPR that was issued after March 18, 2020. I got it in Dec 2020 with expiry in Jan 21 as per my medical :(

2. I do not have the IMM0006 form because I never filled that - I simply wrote to them saying I am ready to travel & they reverted with this AL. I had also clearly written that my CoPR is expiring on Jan 14th, 2021 when I wrote to them on 6th Jan 2021.

It's a wierd situation, with my expired CoPR, no IMM0006 form and a immediate family member AL when it should be extended family member AL

Ihtasham

Nov 12, 2020
Hi,

Good luck man!

Hey Man I got the approval as well, but just to be sure did you actually land in Canada validated your permanent residency under this exemption? let me know your experience on the border.