+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extended family authorization application

Peladon

Nov 29, 2020
So this is probably a dumb question - but according to my mother, those are the kind I'm best at (blush). So my partner in the US received approval today. Does the approval cover entry both by air and by land? The email doesn't say specifically, but only direclty mentions air - "If you are travelling by air, you need to pass a health check conducted by airlines before you are allowed to board your flight. Anyone who shows symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter Canada by air. " She'd prefer to drive up, so we're hoping the 'if you are travelling by air' implies land entry is permitted also...

Peladon

Nov 29, 2020
Also, while I can of course rough one up based on the published guidelines 'To whom it may concern... two bedroom apartment (separate bedroom for visitors (mother and daughter)), access if necessary to grocery and medication delivery (etc), is there any 'standardised' form or format anywhere for documentin g the required self-isolation plan?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Also, while I can of course rough one up based on the published guidelines 'To whom it may concern... two bedroom apartment (separate bedroom for visitors (mother and daughter)), access if necessary to grocery and medication delivery (etc), is there any 'standardised' form or format anywhere for documentin g the required self-isolation plan?
Is your partner coming to Canada or your family? Is the whole family quarantining. Not having a separate bathroom for the person in quarantining and quarantining with others is not ideal not allowed in some areas because this is exactly how covid spreads when you have people quarantining with others who are not.

There have even been updates to the federal instructions for quarantining.
asked if you have a suitable place to isolate or quarantine, where:
  • you'll have access to basic necessities, including water, food, medication and heat during the winter months
  • you won't have contact with people who:
    • are 65 years or older
    • have underlying medical conditions
    • have compromised immune systems
  • you won't be in a group or community living arrangement such as:
    • industrial camps
    • student residences
    • construction trailers
    • residential or long-term care facilities
    • sharing a small apartment
    • living in the same household with large families or many people
    • having roommates who haven't travelled with you that you can't avoid

Peladon

Nov 29, 2020
Is your partner coming to Canada or your family? Is the whole family quarantining. Not having a separate bathroom for the person in quarantining and quarantining with others is not ideal not allowed in some areas because this is exactly how covid spreads when you have people quarantining with others who are not.

There have even been updates to the federal instructions for quarantining.
asked if you have a suitable place to isolate or quarantine, where:
  • you'll have access to basic necessities, including water, food, medication and heat during the winter months
  • you won't have contact with people who:
    • are 65 years or older
    • have underlying medical conditions
    • have compromised immune systems
  • you won't be in a group or community living arrangement such as:
    • industrial camps
    • student residences
    • construction trailers
    • residential or long-term care facilities
    • sharing a small apartment
    • living in the same household with large families or many people
    • having roommates who haven't travelled with you that you can't avoid
My thanks for the reply :). My partner and her ten year old daughter are coming. The apartment has two bedrooms and two bathrooms. I also have written confirmation from Toronto Health (by email) that their stay does not violate current local lockdown restrictions as I live on my own.

canadiantica15

Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
File Transfer...
24-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
Our extended family member received their authorization letter to travel to Canada on November 26th. However, they still have a visitor visa application still in process that was received before April 9th. Any else in the same boat?

Sparklesk90

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
My thanks for the reply :). My partner and her ten year old daughter are coming. The apartment has two bedrooms and two bathrooms. I also have written confirmation from Toronto Health (by email) that their stay does not violate current local lockdown restrictions as I live on my own.
Hi..

Did u apply 2 separate IMM0006 forms for ur partner and her daughter?

They have approved mine.. and am waiting for my kid's approval.

Peladon

Nov 29, 2020
Hi..

Did u apply 2 separate IMM0006 forms for ur partner and her daughter?

They have approved mine.. and am waiting for my kid's approval.
An interesting question. Yes, two forms, both submitted in one email. Also a resubmission (after passing time) of both forms, mother and dependant child, one email. The reply came to the resubmission, but (looking at it), only mentioned the mother's name and passport number in the approval. In hindsight, we assumed that was for both - we may, of course, be wrong. She's driving up a week on Saturday, so I guess we'll either get a second email, not get on e and they'll both get through, or I'll be catching a last minute plane. Has anyone else here been in a similar application case (adult and dependant child), and if so did you get two approvals or one?

Sparklesk90

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
An interesting question. Yes, two forms, both submitted in one email. Also a resubmission (after passing time) of both forms, mother and dependant child, one email. The reply came to the resubmission, but (looking at it), only mentioned the mother's name and passport number in the approval. In hindsight, we assumed that was for both - we may, of course, be wrong. She's driving up a week on Saturday, so I guess we'll either get a second email, not get on e and they'll both get through, or I'll be catching a last minute plane. Has anyone else here been in a similar application case (adult and dependant child), and if so did you get two approvals or one?
Keep us posted.. Bcoz when i called embassy they said we need 2 emails.. so i had my travel rescheduled. Sent an email my my kid's imm0006 form and all other relevant docs along with my apporval email.. hoping to get approval.

Peladon

Nov 29, 2020
Keep us posted.. Bcoz when i called embassy they said we need 2 emails.. so i had my travel rescheduled. Sent an email my my kid's imm0006 form and all other relevant docs along with my apporval email.. hoping to get approval.
I spoke to an IRCC rep this AM (Dec 03). She initially told me the minor child didn't need a separate authorisation email - but I asked her to double check. She came back and told me that yes, the child did need their own authorisation. She checked the case and said it was, in effect, closed and we had to send in a resubmission for the minor child, including all documents, also including a copy of the mother's approval, and wait for an authorisation for the child. How long it would take wasn't possible to confirm, whether it would be faster because of the mother's existing authorisation wasn't possible to confirm.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I spoke to an IRCC rep this AM (Dec 03). She initially told me the minor child didn't need a separate authorisation email - but I asked her to double check. She came back and told me that yes, the child did need their own authorisation. She checked the case and said it was, in effect, closed and we had to send in a resubmission for the minor child, including all documents, also including a copy of the mother's approval, and wait for an authorisation for the child. How long it would take wasn't possible to confirm, whether it would be faster because of the mother's existing authorisation wasn't possible to confirm.
Expect the average time of 14+ days. It is a new application. Also may be a silly question but how is the child your “extended family.”

paul22381

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Our extended family member received their authorization letter to travel to Canada on November 26th. However, they still have a visitor visa application still in process that was received before April 9th. Any else in the same boat?
hi were on the same boat my fiance got authorization approval last November 27 but her visa application still in process. applied before April 9 please keep posted if you any good news and same as well

Reactions: canadiantica15

Sparklesk90

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
Cool.. This is exactly what happened in my case as well. I have sent all my kid's docs along with my apporval email.. hoping for positive response..

Timeline for my approval is: (Already had Valid visitor visa and Travel ticket was attached in email)
Email sent - 14th Nov
Approval Received - 26th Nov

Timeline for my Kid:
Email sent on Dec 1st
Still awaiting response...