+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Mishthi

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
Hi there,

What's the timeline of getting a PR in covid situation ? I applied last year in August under express entry program, but haven't heard back anything . Are people getting PRs or they have stopped processing our files in covid.

A2A

Aug 26, 2021
Hi All,
Pls reply whether Graduation in distance mode is eligible for applying PR in Cannada. Also got 1year diploma course too.

Mae.Will

Star Member
Mar 30, 2021
Hi everyone,
I am going to creat my express entry profile for CEC. My CRS score without my home country work experience is 450. Based on previous draws, it should be ok to be invited.

In 2016, I received a job letter from my employer with my salary, responsibilities, working date etc. For applying study permit, I included this document in my LOE letter.

Now its a while that the company has been bankrupt and the owner has been changed. Even the new owner has changed the business name of the company. So, It is too difficult for me to get connected with them in case of any new required documents.

Is it safe to not include this experience in my work history and just add it in personal history, knowing that in the past I mentioned it as my work experience to CIC when I applied for study permit?
Thanks in advance.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi All,
Pls reply whether Graduation in distance mode is eligible for applying PR in Cannada. Also got 1year diploma course too.
Yes its eligible.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi there,

What's the timeline of getting a PR in covid situation ? I applied last year in August under express entry program, but haven't heard back anything . Are people getting PRs or they have stopped processing our files in covid.
People are getting PRs. If you haven't received any update, please file for GCMS notes.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello,

Good day everyone.

Slightly longer post, thank you for your attention

I'm 43, Post Graduate (MCA) with about 18+ year experience in IT.

I have an below IELTS score:

Listening: 8

Reading: 7.5

Writing: 7

Speaking: 7.5

Overall: 7.5

1. What are my options please? Do I need to attempt again for a higher IELTS score?

2. Is the guide in first page still valid please?

3. I use https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool-immigration-express-entry.html to check for my express entry. Are Ontorio and Quebec easier to get Express Entry Visa?

4. I currently work in a Canadian Company (Branch office in Asia). I'm also trying to get a transfer internally. Does a Transfer request improve options of getting EE?
With an age of 43, chances are slim. So better get a transfer to Canada and then apply through PNP (after completing 1 year of work experience in Canada).

BenMark

Star Member
May 5, 2021
It looks like Canada isn't processing PNP PR applications yet. It's been 2 months now, and have not heard anything from them

Mae.Will

Star Member
Mar 30, 2021
Hi all,
I think today there will be a CEC draw. Until what time can one apply for the CEC to be considered in the today’s pool?
Thanks in advance.

karpa

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hi everyone!
Please give me an advice on my situation. Please help!!

Im currently in the process of getting PR through express entry. I got ita, aor, submitted application and just waiting now.

The problem is that i am out of status and in 90 day period since my iec work permit expired. I have applied for restoration of status as visitor but i havnt heard back yet. Now i am wondering if this will affect my express entry application if my restoration is not done in time. Does anyone have any idea on this? Super panic mode:'(

I am also wondering about the duration of visitor status. I wrote down that i will be in canada for 6 months on the restoration application, because i thought that would be enough time to get my pr approved. Now i am thinking that may not be enough time. Does anyone know if ircc gives the visitor status as it is written on the application?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
I am in the same situation as you right now.
Could you please let me know how did it worked out for you?
Did you get your status approved first or received PR first?
Please share your timeline.
Much Appreciated.

Thank You.

prit25

Aug 22, 2019
Hi, I am in US on H1B visa. My visa stamp has expired but I have an approved I797.
I have also received a COPR(validity till Nov 25th 2021) and Immigrant visa stamp on my passport. However, my passport was also expiring, so I applied for a renewal in the US from SFO embassy and got it renewed. Now I have a new passport and my COPR and Immigrant visa are still related to the old passport. Also, I am in Seattle, so I can visit a port of entry by road.

I have the following question :
1. What are the next steps in terms of "landing process" that I need to do in order to ensure that I can get the PR card ? What documents do I need to carry to the port of entry ?
2. Are there any changes/additions to the process due to COVID ?
3. Can I visit canada port of entry by road and return back to US if I have the expired H1B stamp ? I believe the process is called "Automatic Revalidation". Is that still applicable during COVID times ?

dream_canada2018

May 19, 2018
Hi All,
I did my softlanding in June 2019 and came back to home country after getting my PR card.
In December 2019 I got married. Due to covid I could not migrate to Canada.
But I updated my passport to add my spouse name.

Now I am planning to migrate early next year ( March 2022).
1. When I migrate permanently, will there be any problem as I will only have 2 years 6 months out of 5 years of PR ?

2. Do I need to raise a Webform to inform IRCC about the passport change ?
3. Do I also need to provide my spouse details , like date of marriage and spouse passport details ?
4. What else should I need to inform them ? Like why I couldn't migrate in 2020 or 2021?

Note: I am planning to apply for spouse sponsership visa after I land.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi All,
I did my softlanding in June 2019 and came back to home country after getting my PR card.
In December 2019 I got married. Due to covid I could not migrate to Canada.
But I updated my passport to add my spouse name.

Now I am planning to migrate early next year ( March 2022).
1. When I migrate permanently, will there be any problem as I will only have 2 years 6 months out of 5 years of PR ?

2. Do I need to raise a Webform to inform IRCC about the passport change ?
3. Do I also need to provide my spouse details , like date of marriage and spouse passport details ?
4. What else should I need to inform them ? Like why I couldn't migrate in 2020 or 2021?

Note: I am planning to apply for spouse sponsership visa after I land.
1. No
2. No need if you have PR card
3. Get your spouse a TRV for now so that she can travel with you and once you land in Canada, Apply for Spousal Visa
4. No need

Naved13816

Jun 2, 2019
Good day ,
I already got a ITA on basis graduation (2012) degree WES evaluation . Later I had forwarded my PHD degree(2015) for WES evaluation but university respond the WES that PHD degree non-authentic .WES has cancelled my order and informed to all concern parties as a "Fraud " degree. Than I have been to university with my PHD records than re-check university old records and found degree are genuine. University had re-send a positive verification report to WES now WES is not activating my account.
What i suppose to do ?
Do I cancel my PR application and first sought out WES matter?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Good day ,
I already got a ITA on basis graduation (2012) degree WES evaluation . Later I had forwarded my PHD degree(2015) for WES evaluation but university respond the WES that PHD degree non-authentic .WES has cancelled my order and informed to all concern parties as a "Fraud " degree. Than I have been to university with my PHD records than re-check university old records and found degree are genuine. University had re-send a positive verification report to WES now WES is not activating my account.
What i suppose to do ?
Do I cancel my PR application and first sought out WES matter?
If you do not have a valid ECA, your application will be refused... Better fix your ECA first.

Reactions: Naved13816