+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

NoelPillay

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
4021, 2282
I'm starting my application for EE, While i still am filling all details i'm unsure about the question about First Name. My first name is Noel, my fathers name is Victor. In India officials add your fathers name to your name, hence in my Indian passport the Given Name is : Noel Victor. What should i add on my EE as my name, is it Noel or Noel Victor?

Last edited:

TeeYen

Jan 10, 2020
Thanks ja1904
I have done a PhD. There were no marksheets or grades present for the course as it was done through research.
So do I need a transcript for the course?
In "WES United States", I saw a statement that no transcript is needed only a conferral is needed in such case.
Is it applicable to Canada WES also..?

ja1904

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
Thanks ja1904
I have done a PhD. There were no marksheets or grades present for the course as it was done through research.
So do I need a transcript for the course?
In "WES United States", I saw a statement that no transcript is needed only a conferral is needed in such case.
Is it applicable to Canada WES also..?
Create your WES account from their Canada website, create a new application for IRCC ECA. Once you put in your degree and university / institute name, you will get to know the documents required by WES for evaluation. Just follow those instructions and send the docs. This is at application stage, so no payment is involved yet. So you are safe that ways in case there are any complications.

All the best. :)

Reactions: TeeYen

NoelPillay

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
4021, 2282
I'm starting my application for EE, While i still am filling all details i'm unsure about the question about First Name. My first name is Noel, my fathers name is Victor. In India officials add your fathers name to your name, hence in my Indian passport the Given Name is : Noel Victor. What should i add on my EE as my name, is it Noel or Noel Victor?
Got my own answer, it's Given Name exactly on passport :)

mrbenbanks

Jan 14, 2020
Hi all, apologies this question has probably been asked many times. So just to be clear, ECA's are required for EE application else you will get no points for Education? The reason I ask, is that after initially being eligible to apply, the EE submission was rejected. on the EE application I added all my University qualifications, but I did not flag the ECA - would this ultimately prevent me from reaching the 67 score (which I did using the calculator prior). Thanks in advanced.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi all, apologies this question has probably been asked many times. So just to be clear, ECA's are required for EE application else you will get no points for Education? The reason I ask, is that after initially being eligible to apply, the EE submission was rejected. on the EE application I added all my University qualifications, but I did not flag the ECA - would this ultimately prevent me from reaching the 67 score (which I did using the calculator prior). Thanks in advanced.
If your education is outside of Canada, ECA is mandatory.

Jan 13, 2020
e) contact previous and current employers about them providing job letters.
Does this mean Job offer letters? Cause I have my previous employers' job offer letter but they didn't provide me with a letter when I left. The manager I used to work under has resigned as well, so not sure what to do :(

sunil.bandaru

May 19, 2019
Hello Guys,

(URGENT)Please help me on this!
It is regarding my spouse education history. She has done Bachelor of Arts(BA), Bachelor of Education (B.ed), and Master of Arts(M.A). Following is the ECA report:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY :
Two bachelor's degrees (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
Credential Authentication: Documents were verified by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Arts
Year: 2008 (3 year course)
Major/Specialization: Liberal Arts
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Credential: Bachelor of Education
Year: 2009 (1 year course)
Major/Specialization: Education
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Credential: Master of Arts
Year: 2011 (2 years course)
Major/Specialization: English
Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate diploma (one year)

What should I write Education history? for following field for each degree i.e BA, B.ed and MA:
1. Complete/full academic years:

2. Level of education:
It could be one from the following options:
--One Year program at university, college, and institute
--TwoYear program at university, college, and institute
-- Bachelor degree or three or more year program at university, college, and institute
-- Masters degree or professional degree needed to practice in licensed profession

3. Level of education as per ECA report:
It could be one from the following options:
--One Year program at university, college, and institute
--TwoYear program at university, college, and institute
-- Bachelor degree or three or more year program at university, college, and institute
-- Masters degree or professional degree needed to practice in licensed profession

Please help me. it is urgent.
Hi Amrit,
Did you resolve this? I have a similar question:
I have done a 3 year Bachelors and 2 year Masters in India. I have recently received my Educational Credential assessment, where the Masters degree is assessed as a Canadian 4-year Bachelors degree equivalent. I am creating my Express Entry Profile and am unsure about the following fields while completing the Study Section:

Option 1:
Completed/full academic years:
Level of education: Masters
Level of education (Canadian equivalent): Bachelors

Option 2:
Level of education: Bachelors

Could you please let me know which option is correct?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Sunil

Amrit1234

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
Hi Amrit,
Did you resolve this? I have a similar question:
I have done a 3 year Bachelors and 2 year Masters in India. I have recently received my Educational Credential assessment, where the Masters degree is assessed as a Canadian 4-year Bachelors degree equivalent. I am creating my Express Entry Profile and am unsure about the following fields while completing the Study Section:

Option 1:
Level of education: Masters

Option 2:
Level of education: Bachelors

Could you please let me know which option is correct?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Sunil
Go with option-1, i did lot of research before submitting my documents

Austinellis

Jan 16, 2020
Good day, please I need clarification on this. I plan to use a work experience which I gained between Oct 2010 to Oct 2011 to make up my 3 years work experience. Going by CIC rule that your work experience must be within the last 10years, so my question is, will the experience expire this year (2020) Oct considering I started the job in 2010 or will it expire 2021 because I resigned in 2011? Which year do I start counting from, when I started the job or when I left the job?

nri7777

Nov 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
Hi Guys,

I have a basic question here. I have already created my EE profile. Now, if a PNP draw happens (say OINP / SINP / PEI) and I get the NOI from one / many of them, the if I don't accept it / respond to it, will I still be eligible for regular EE draws? Or if I get NOI, then it means that I won't get ITA basis regular EE draws, even if I am above the cut off? How does it exactly work?
whether you accept it or not the process goes through express entry itself once you have your nomination points, since the last cut off was 473 and if you are around that CRS you don't need to accept the noi as you will get an ita in normal draw.

nri7777

Nov 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
as per your passport