+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

muzikk_007

Mar 13, 2019
Hi,
Long post alert.
I am new to this forum. Hope somebody can help. I applied PR under Canadian experience class. Here is my timeline:
PR submitted: 29 march 2018
applied bridge open work permit: 29 mar 2018. Received and valid from 5th may 2018 to 5th May 2019. reapplied again as I have not received my PR yet.
Got married: 10th April 2018. Change in status. received my marriage certificate: 8 May 2018. Updated CIC regarding change in status.
They didn't respond back. followed thrice.
finally they replied on Oct 18, 2018 :( forwarded details of my spouse PR file.
Now twist in the tale:
When i came as a student to Canada, I applied for my student permit and PGWP from my old email ID which I do not use at all. I did not even mention my old email ID in PR application. Month of November 2018, while revisiting my old email (the one I applied student visa with) to get some old document, to my surprise I got an email from CIC regarding landing. And well well well, not just one but 2 emails regarding landing (one in July and another in Oct). I obviously missed those emails because I haven't used my old email from past 3-4 years. They simply ignored the fact that I have asked to change my marital status.
Fast forward, received AOR regarding PR fee for spouse Dec 27, 2018. All documents forwarded as per CIC request. Medical, PCC, IELTS everything is submitted for spouse and have received confirmation from cic as well.
I received a request to submit wife birth certificate. Submitted and received confirmation on 6th Feb 2019.
I have to reapply for bridge permit since in two months my bridge permit will expire.
can somebody please advice what can I do. I have requested for GCMS notes as well. Already applied TRV twice for spouse, both times rejected. I am scared to apply for third time and my marriage anniversary is close as well. This is hurting me a lot. This has been a source of constant mental stress for me, my wife and in-laws. i would really appreciate if somebody can give me a shoulder to cry upon :( or share the pain I am going through. Any advice/comments are welcomed and appreciated.

DishCanada

Aug 21, 2018
Hi everyone,

I need your help/suggestion. I have received my ITA last week. But I need to make a change in the job code of my past work experience mentioned in my profile. Instead of 0601 I need to change it to 0122. My crs is 468 currently. Change is job code will not affect my score but with the 0601 job code I am unable to word the ref letters appropriately. Is it possible to change it now and provide a letter of explanation or is it advisable to delete my account/withdraw my ITA and wait for the next draw in a weeks time.

Awaiting a revert from the experts..

gauravebatra

Apr 8, 2018
Hi, Need help...

While filing EE profile under "Name of school/institution". My college name (from where i studied) is different from the university name which awarded the degree. So should I mention the college name or the university name here? The transcripts used for ECA were issued by my university (Maharishi Dayanad University).

peter280215

Mar 1, 2019
Cost of living - This question pops up in everybody mind when they are planning to migrate to Canada. So I am sharing the latest 2019 cost of living in Canada and Toronto so you can plan better and take right action. At the end of this video I am also sharing some tips for saving money and reducing your monthly expenses.

csardal

Mar 15, 2019
Hi All,

I got my ECA Evaluation done from WES and the Canadian Equivalency Summary in the ECA Report is "Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)"
Detailed analysis for both the credentials:

-------------------Diploma, 3 year course from 2003 to 2006---------------------------------
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Diploma in Electronics and Communications Engineering
Year: 2006
Awarded By: Board of Technical Examinations, Government of Karnataka
Major/Specialization: Electronics and Communication Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)

---Engineering, 4 year course, entered as lateral in 3rd Semester from 2006 to 2009---
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Engineering
Year: 2009
Awarded By: Visveswaraiah Technological University
Major/Specialization: Telecommunication Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

For the Diploma credential, the Status is missing and does not show "Recognized Institution" but at the same time the credential is evaluated as "Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)"

I created EE profile using this report and adding 2 credentials in the education section. First time when i submitted my profile, For my Diploma credential, i selected "Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute" in Level of Education and Secondary Diploma (high school graduation) in Canadian Equivalency. After Submitting, my score came out to be 419 ( i was expecting 451 for 2 degrees).
I modified my application and changed to "Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute" for level of education from 3 year bachelors and submitted it again. Refreshed the application page a few times and got the link to view full application status. I opened the application status link and points changed to 451, but no happy ending here yet. I logged out of the application and logged in after few mins, the scored changed back to 419. I tried this a few times by changing level of education and same thing happened every time.

Has anyone seen this before?
Appreciate your help!

VisaExperts

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Hello everyone, could someone please help me on this? I was working on my NOC for one year with a company, but then I got another job in a different field but kept the old job as part time. With the amount of hours it adds up to 2 years. If I put on my profile that I have 2 years, I will get more points ( which I really need), but the person who was helping me broke it down in two pieces. 1 year from when I started and another part as part time and I don't think the system is counting them as 2 years. What should I do?
Thanks in advance.
Full time and part time are both considered differently. It is right on their part as well because you can't take it as one though it was a same job.

canada@1

Mar 16, 2019
Hello People,

Need help/suggestions.

I have applied my application for --PNP-INLAND(PR application) on september 3rd 2018 and recieved AOR on same day.

Its been more than 6 months and i have recently applied the GCMS notes and got it today.
Medical,Criminality -passed
Eligibility- Review required
Security -Not started
I have pasted the notes in the most recent order. Could you please advice on this.
I dont know what is the reason that my application is stuck.

NOTES 1:

Created Date: 2018/10/18 09:52:51
Created by :FM00229
Updated Date:2018/10/18 09:55:41
Updated by:FM00229
Restricted :No
Label:EE Eligibility
Office:Centralized Intake office
Text:
Review Type:A11.2 –Case Processing Agent application: E********* regulation -PNP- :FSW,2018-09-03 I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following .RECOMMENDATION:*** Review REQUIRED by officer ***

A11.2 : Review Required MEDICAL: ALL VALID Ready to Finalize PNP triage : Remains in Canada

Civil Status : NO CONCERNS PA (****), married Marriage certificate is on file. Passport Expiry:------, Spouse/CL(-----------) Accompanying –passport expiry(-------)

PNP nomination: Province of nomination NBPNC--------- Province matches current residence : Yes,

Nomination Validity:----------

Case Type: Economic case, FUNDS: CAD$ Please recview statement from bank, date---- showing CAD 16113 Family of 2 requires CAD 15531. Integrated search ( FOSS/GCMS) : PA is in status –WP valid until----- .

Experience in Canada –working in company------ , No adverse information.

Spouse status: valid until -----. No adverse Information.

A.11.2 CRS Assessment: Appears Met CRS score at ITA -976 min CRA score for round: 440, CRA score at APR# 976 points, total CRS points assessed score 956 *** 600-Provincial nomination. Verified by CIO **** .

Work Experiences: qualifying period, 3rd September 2008 – 02 September 2018—Systems engineer NOC 2173- 2014/06-2017/04 at company name ----- submitted at reference 2018/07/31 which is assessed as follows .EDOC Numbers: 241615780 *(2) Developer II NOC 2174- 2018/05-2018/08 at company name ----- submitted letter of reference 2018/08/27 which is assessed as follows .EDOC Numbers: 241615285, the duties listed in the letters of reference appear to be consistent with the actions in the lead statement under the NOC code selected. The letters of the reference appear to be consistent with a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code selected, the letter of the reference appears to demonstrate that the PA met the minimum requirements of 12 months of work experience. PA meets education requirements.

NOTES 2:
Created Date: 2018/10/18 09:52:43
Created by :FM00229
Updated Date:2018/10/18 09:52:51
Updated by:FM00229
Label: General
Text: *** AGENT REVIEW *** POLICE CERTIFICATES R10 OK Criminality Decision Passed.

NOTES 3:
Created Date: 2018/09/26 14:37:59
Created by :SM8683
Updated Date:2018/09/26 14:38:02
Updated by:SM8683
Label:EE eligibility
Text:

Review Type: Program assistant Application : E********* Regulation: PNP I have reviewed thisapplication based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and information contained in the file and note the following.MIN SCORE:440 CRS SCORE:976 Prinicipal applicant application Promoted: Existing UCI Spouse Application Promoted:Existing UCI

Spouse Application Promoted: Existing UCI PA: Statutory details located in separate GCMS note SP: Statutory details located In separate GCMS note Primary Applicant Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Spouse Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Client Fees: Verified ——LANGUAGES-—- Principal Applicant 1 -English- IELTS and Met Threshold & Verified Spouse 1 -English- IELTS and Verified —-EDUCATION--—- Primary Applicant 1-ECA report Verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency

Summary reported by Issuing agency as BACHELOR‘S DEGREE (4 Years) Foreign credential provided Spouse 1-Canadlan educational credential on file; credential reviewed;Canadlan Institution Verified Level of education: 2

Year College Diploma ---POLICE CERTIFICATE— Primary Applicant 1- police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: review required - stat question Spouse SPOUSE/CL RCMP Screening NRT 1- police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: review required - stat question -—AGE—- Applicant's age reviewed and No Change from lTA to e-APR ~~Documents Set for Review——— Client information WP under passport for spouse.

NOTES 5:

Created Date: 2018/09/26 14:17:23
Created by :SM8683
Updated Date:2018/09/26 14:17:55
Updated by:SM8683
Label:General
Text: Discrepancy between the NOC added by the client, NOC 2173 and the NOC as per PN certificate/
Spreadsheet,NOC 2174

good.boy

Mar 16, 2019
Need some clarification guys!! I am currently working in Canada completing 1 year in July. CRS score is 400 (does not include 50 points for offer letter). What is the exact policy on jobs offer points? When can I get those 50 points? Is it after completing a year in Canada?
Thanks in advance for the help!

Robinsidhu

Mar 17, 2019
I cannot meet the required CRC score for express entry. I have 348. I am living in saskatchewan, regina.
How does the nomination certificate additional 600 points work. Is it the same as SINP letter. My employer is offering me SINP letter. So please let me know how does it all goes.

peter280215

Mar 1, 2019
Protect yourself from immigration fraud & Scams ?
There are so many people who want to migrate to Canada so desperately that they are willing to do anything for it.
And there are people use this desperation as a trap; they guarantee you that they will get your Visa, They show you too good to be a true picture and try to scam and take your hard earned money.

Rizlene

Jan 22, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-02-2019
Hi everyone,

I need your help/suggestion. I have received my ITA last week. But I need to make a change in the job code of my past work experience mentioned in my profile. Instead of 0601 I need to change it to 0122. My crs is 468 currently. Change is job code will not affect my score but with the 0601 job code I am unable to word the ref letters appropriately. Is it possible to change it now and provide a letter of explanation or is it advisable to delete my account/withdraw my ITA and wait for the next draw in a weeks time.

Awaiting a revert from the experts..
Hello,
Here a post saying that you can do it:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/noc-modification-after-ita.607647/

Nimisha9

Mar 17, 2019
Hi,

I got married some time back and I have not changed my name on the documents but Its in process. Can I give ielts with my maiden name (they ask for passport as an id proof)? Or should I wait for the changed name on the documents coz it will be a problem in accepting the score with my maiden name for Immigration purpose? Pls suggest

Feb 23, 2019
Hi Nimisha
Just a small question
Why are you applying for the name change.
As per my knowledge, it is not necessary to change the name in passport post marriage.

Last edited:

Nimisha9

Mar 17, 2019
Hi Nimisha
Just a small question
Why are you applying for the name change.
As per my knowledge, it is not necessary to change the name in passport post marriage.
Hey!
Are you sure it will not pose as a problem during the whole immigration process? Also, I am keen on adding his last name to my maiden name. My maiden surname will become my middle name, so do I need to undergo this process before giving ielts or can I give it with my maiden name and the scores will still be valid?