+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

PrachiHMehta

Jan 6, 2019
Hi TanakaM. Thanks for the reply. I intend to claiming points for the time up to the study only, as it the correct way of counting the work experience. Anyways the total work experience (including other companies) I have is more than 6 years.

But my question is-

1. For Number of years of skilled foreign works experience, I have calculated only the time I was actually working for the company. So this I believe will be considered for calculating CRS points.

2. When I fill in the details on the Express Entry Profile under Work History :
For Working Till Date and Month, what should I put? Is this "From and To date" used to calculate the number of years worked for the company or is it just for records?

SCENARIO 1:

If I put the date (17th June 2012) which is a day before my Leave started how will I justify it. In my experience letter they have mentioned that

He was working as full time employee from 2009- 2014. At the time of leaving he was on leave from 18th June 2012- 13th March 2014.

So basically the date- 17th June 2012 is not mentioned anywhere in the letter from employer. Will it be considered as misrepresentation of facts.

SCENARIO 2:

Another option I have is to put the date mentioned in the experience letter(2014). I can take this option only if the system doesn't use this to add my work experience years. Anyways my total actual work experience is more than 6 years. So it won't affect my CRS point I can provide a LOE with this explaining my situation.

Please suggest which is the best way to go about this.

Hi,

This is a tricky one. I would claim points for the time upto the study leave (2009-2012). Its safer.

Regards

WED

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Hi,

No, but its pretty straightforward. If you hve any questions ask and we will help.

Regards

Thanks.

Do I need to.get PCC and Medicals again ? I am in BC already. I am here in BC from Oct. I had done my medicals and PCC In my home country during Oct.

Do I need to reenter Canada once PR got approved ?

DHAMU1308

Oct 25, 2017
Hi Friends,

Kindly clarify the below details.

I have overall 8 years of experience in NOC 1223 and just 6 months in my new NOC2011. But what if I receive a job offer for my new NOC (which is just 6 months experienced), can I create the EE profile mentioning this new NOC as primary? will i be eligible and will i get invited.

shoaibalik

Jun 3, 2017
Hi Guys,

AOR - Mar 20, 2018
ADR - Background - Mar 28, 2018
ADR - RCMP - Apr 5, 2018
Medical Pass - Apr 5, 2018
BGC - Apr 5, 2018

The background check and eligibility assessment is still going on, does any one know anyone who's case got so much delay? as on the profile it shows that it was supposed to be completed by Sep 20, 2018.

Chirantar

Feb 5, 2019
My score is coming to be 435
Education : Bachelors
Work Ex : 5+ Years
Unmarried
Ielts
L-8.5
R-7
S-7
W-7

I know it has to be around 440 or more to get an invite. Any leads what do I do would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Raslam

Oct 29, 2018
Hi,
I am making my express entry profile. Someone told me that I need to have the required funds in my bank account NOW i.e. at the time of submission of my profile. Is that so??
Secondly, if the answer is no, if I get ITA, I need to provide 6 months statement of my account, right?
My question is : do I need to have the full required amount (CAD 15,772) throughout the six months OR from the time of application will be fine??
Please advise me clearly regarding this. I am really confused and uncertain.
Thanks

abeerzsingh

Dec 23, 2018
Last edited:

Nitink@5

Feb 6, 2019
Hi people,
I submitted my papers for PR on the 1st November, under spouse family class.
I didnt get any confirmation mail from CIC. Is this an issue?
Please help me out.

Theo2018

Jan 14, 2019
Thanks again for your prompt response. But CLB speaks about the language efficiency and that's the venue that I've already exhausted.

Please can someone step in for help as I stand quite desperate and seeing no hope.

Thanks in advance.
Thank you for your reply. I truly understand your view. So, you have probably already gone through the CRS criteria. So, in order to improve the score, I can share my personal experience and please consider that as a non exhaustive example:

Principal applicant, 41yo, bachelor+post graduation certificate, CLB 9+ English, CLB 8+ French, 6+ years work experience NOC 0.
Spouse, CLB 6+ English, master degree.
CRS 447.

some options to increase the CRS score:
- french language test CLB 7+
- sibling, close family in Canada
- study in Canada
- work experience in Canada
- a valid job offer (LMIA)
- add a post graduation / master degree in your study history
- nomination from a province

Wish you all the best.

abeerzsingh

Dec 23, 2018
Thank you for your reply. I truly understand your view. So, you have probably already gone through the CRS criteria. So, in order to improve the score, I can share my personal experience and please consider that as a non exhaustive example:

Principal applicant, 41yo, bachelor+post graduation certificate, CLB 9+ English, CLB 8+ French, 6+ years work experience NOC 0.
Spouse, CLB 6+ English, master degree.
CRS 447.

some options to increase the CRS score:
- french language test CLB 7+
- sibling, close family in Canada
- study in Canada
- work experience in Canada
- a valid job offer (LMIA)
- add a post graduation / master degree in your study history
- nomination from a province

Wish you all the best.
Provincial nomination seems to be the way to go but I've heard that too demands a minimum of 400 CRS. Is that true?

Theo2018

Jan 14, 2019
Provincial nomination seems to be the way to go but I've heard that too demands a minimum of 400 CRS. Is that true?
not anymore for Ontario. They have removed the 400+ points as a requirement and included "at the discretion of the program director".
for the other provinces I don't know.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi Friends,

Kindly clarify the below details.

I have overall 8 years of experience in NOC 1223 and just 6 months in my new NOC2011. But what if I receive a job offer for my new NOC (which is just 6 months experienced), can I create the EE profile mentioning this new NOC as primary? will i be eligible and will i get invited.
Hi,

You need to have 1 year of continuous experience in your primary NOC. So 2011 cannot be your primary NOC. You can just use 1223.

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi TanakaM. Thanks for the reply. I intend to claiming points for the time up to the study only, as it the correct way of counting the work experience. Anyways the total work experience (including other companies) I have is more than 6 years.

But my question is-

1. For Number of years of skilled foreign works experience, I have calculated only the time I was actually working for the company. So this I believe will be considered for calculating CRS points.

2. When I fill in the details on the Express Entry Profile under Work History :
For Working Till Date and Month, what should I put? Is this "From and To date" used to calculate the number of years worked for the company or is it just for records?

SCENARIO 1:

If I put the date (17th June 2012) which is a day before my Leave started how will I justify it. In my experience letter they have mentioned that

He was working as full time employee from 2009- 2014. At the time of leaving he was on leave from 18th June 2012- 13th March 2014.

So basically the date- 17th June 2012 is not mentioned anywhere in the letter from employer. Will it be considered as misrepresentation of facts.

This is not misrepresentation as you can claim points for the period you want. It does not have to be for the full employment period.

SCENARIO 2:

Another option I have is to put the date mentioned in the experience letter(2014). I can take this option only if the system doesn't use this to add my work experience years. Anyways my total actual work experience is more than 6 years. So it won't affect my CRS point I can provide a LOE with this explaining my situation.

This should works as well, however, I favour option one supported by an LOE.

Please suggest which is the best way to go about this.
See answers in red.

regards