+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

SimNv

Dec 7, 2018
India
Hi, can anybody suggest me that I have got ita request and my real brother is in Canada he has just received his pr but not got any any copr yet, can I claim his 15 points now or I have to withdraw my application and put again my profile after his pr card or

agil.itu

Sep 20, 2016
Hi,
I have two credentials by recognized intitutions.
a) 4 years bachelors
b) 1 year post grad cert
Evaluated by WES, and ECA summary is:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)

May I claim "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees" ?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,
I have two credentials by recognized intitutions.
a) 4 years bachelors
b) 1 year post grad cert
Evaluated by WES, and ECA summary is:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)

May I claim "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees" ?
Hi,

Did you have both credentials assessed or just the bachelor's?

Reactions: agil.itu

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi, can anybody suggest me that I have got ita request and my real brother is in Canada he has just received his pr but not got any any copr yet, can I claim his 15 points now or I have to withdraw my application and put again my profile after his pr card or
Hi,

This is a little bit trucky. My understanding is you will need to submit proof of status and proof of residence. That suggests that he needs to have landed and settled (have a bill in his name, showing his address). Based on that I dont think you can claim the 15 points right now. (My opinion)

Regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi Friends
I am in the process of filling the Express entry application
I have a question for the NOC and work experience
I have total 11 years expereince , joined as a junior and currently as a Head of division
When we are entering the work history details, its asking for start and end date with NOC codes -- My question here is, do i need to choose a NOC code for each and every experience that i have
Also which NOC is preferred when we are in pool -- Meaning the recent NOC or anyone in the profile

Apprecite your response thanks in advance
Hi,

You can only claim points for the experience that qualifies as skilled experience (NOC A,B or 0). So in your case the start date will be whenever you got promoted to a qualifying position. Thus may even be more than 1 NOC.

There is no preffered NOC for the Federal government, all it has to be is NOC A, B or 0. However, if you want provincial nomination you may need to do research on the NOCs that are in demand.

Regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Thank you for your answer.

the information that i provided about our educations are the follow:

Principal applicant: Master Degrees.
Spouse : Two years diploma.

i asked this question because i visited Ontario's website to have an idea of the minimum requirement, and i found that a bachelor degree is needed, i assume it applies to just the principal applicant, right? or if your receive an ITA it does not mater if you choose Ontario as the destination.

thank you.
Oh, i see..
Your spouse does not need a degree.
If you claimed points for her deploma you will need to submit an ECA for this.

You were probably looking at provincial nomination requirements. If you got an ITA after provincial nomination you need to land in that particular province. If not, you can land any where you want.

I hope that's clear.

Regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi everyone. I need some clarification on name for creating Express Entry profile. The name in all my documents is different from that on my passport.

So all my documents have only the initial of my middle name say- XYZ A abc
I have been using this name format throughout my life. But when I had applied for passport (Indian) they do not allow only initials. So I had to put the whole middle name(which is actually my father's name).
So on my passport my name is say XYZ ABC abc

All my documents have the name as- XYZ A abc except for 2 documents. My Passport and IELTS result - they both have my name as XYZ ABC abc.

My question is:

1. Now what should I put as my name when creating the EE profile? It says we need to put the name exactly as given in the passport.

2. So if that is the case, will I later need any additional declaration or documents for this name thing. As all my other national identity documents, school and college certificates , birth certificate etc have only the initial of my middle name.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

1- Follow instructions and enter your name as it appears on the passport.

2- You can submit a onen and the same person affidavit and just explain this in your LOE.

It should not affect your application in any way.

All the best

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
Hello all,

Canada Visa forum has always been helpful everytime in all the situations. :)

I got an invitation under CEC on 23rd Jan, 2019 and submitted all my documents under CEC on 1st Feb,2019 and got the Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) on the same day itself.

I just had couple of queries so would appreciate if any of the members can put some light on it :

1. So I have submitted all my documents which was required under CEC with Upfront Medicals and PCC's however instead of reference letter from my current employer on the basis of which I have filed PR I have submitted letter of explanation that I am still working with the employer who inititally sponsored my work permit but cant ask for a reference as I am still working there and with it I have submitted APPOINTMENT LETTER which mentions my NOC code and all the job duties and also a statement in the appointment letter which says my employer is supporting my PR, 12 Months PAY SLIPS till date, T4, VISTING CARD, LMIA copy and WORK PERMIT Copy.
SO WILL THEY CONSIDER THIS?

2. Secondly, I am concerned about the duration of PR under CEC as I am flying to my home country in March for my wedding. So I am confused what should I do as my marital status will change then. I dont want to hide from CIC about my Marital Status however dont want to elongate or delay the PR procedure as I want to leave my Current job due to worst situation at work but cant change until I get my PR as I am on CLOSED WORK PERMIT. So as per my research and interaction with lot of experts they told me the day they send a COPR that is a Passport Request for stamping they mention to send the details in case if our marital status has changed so I just have to submit my marriage certificate and send my would to be wife's passport for stamping along with mine and it will be done.
IS IT SO?

* Also what is the timeline for CEC if I am in Canada on a closed work permit and single?
* And what if I tell CIC about my marital status in March before COPR then what is the timeline?

Please suggest what should I do, should I wait till I get a Passport request for PR stamping after background check or should I notify them about my Marital Status before Passport Request?

Experts please advise.

Your inputs on this will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Bunny!

Ranga0585

Jan 6, 2019
Hi,

You can only claim points for the experience that qualifies as skilled experience (NOC A,B or 0). So in your case the start date will be whenever you got promoted to a qualifying position. Thus may even be more than 1 NOC.

There is no preffered NOC for the Federal government, all it has to be is NOC A, B or 0. However, if you want provincial nomination you may need to do research on the NOCs that are in demand.

Regards
Ok Got it, Thank you for your reply

PrachiHMehta

Jan 6, 2019
Hi. I was working for a company and was on LWP - Leave Without Pay for 2yrs at the end while I was pursuing my MBA.

So to fill in the express entry profile, should I put the Working Till date for this company as the last day before LWP ? (2012) Just confirming as the experience letter says-

He was working as full time employee from 2009- 2014. At the time of leaving he was on leave from 2012-2014.

Thanks in advance.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Do we have instruction guide for filling the Online application for Express entry?
Hi,

No, but its pretty straightforward. If you hve any questions ask and we will help.

Regards

Reactions: WED

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi. I was working for a company and was on LWP - Leave Without Pay for 2yrs at the end while I was pursuing my MBA.

So to fill in the express entry profile, should I put the Working Till date for this company as the last day before LWP ? (2012) Just confirming as the experience letter says-

He was working as full time employee from 2009- 2014. At the time of leaving he was on leave from 2012-2014.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

This is a tricky one. I would claim points for the time upto the study leave (2009-2012). Its safer.

Regards