+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

hrishikesh6589

Jun 11, 2018
Spouse can do soft landing and then can go back. It is not necessary for spouse to be in Canada with you. Spouse after soft landing can come back anytime later, even as later as 2 years. I would suggest to include spouse.
So the plan is this:

Once I get my PR, my spouse will come as a visitor (on a travel visa) with me for 2-3 weeks and then she will leave. In this case would you still strongly recommend getting the marriage certificate?

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
So the plan is this:

Once I get my PR, my spouse will come as a visitor (on a travel visa) with me for 2-3 weeks and then she will leave. In this case would you still strongly recommend getting the marriage certificate?
To prove marriage you need certificate, period!
I am suggesting add her as accompanied, she can land , stay as short as 1 day and go back.

namans

Aug 7, 2018
Hi Guys,

I have a general question regarding the documents required to submit for Express Entry. As per my document checklist, cic did not ask me for ielts,birth certificate, nor my work permit.

Im really confused and would appreciate if senior members can provide their opinion on it.

Thank you very much!

hrishikesh6589

Jun 11, 2018
Hi Guys,

I have a general question regarding the documents required to submit for Express Entry. As per my document checklist, cic did not ask me for ielts,birth certificate, nor my work permit.

Im really confused and would appreciate if senior members can provide their opinion on it.

Thank you very much!
Hi! It is very unlikely if you are not asked for ielts. However, it is a must for you as without a valid ielts or french language score, you're not eligible to get an entry into the pool. Make sure you are referring to the right link.

Reactions: Tush2016

namans

Aug 7, 2018
Hi! It is very unlikely if you are not asked for ielts. However, it is a must for you as without a valid ielts or french language score, you're not eligible to get an entry into the pool. Make sure you are referring to the right link.
no, i was referring to the file submission for express entry(post ita phase)

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi Guys,

Thank you very much!
Birth certificate is needed only for children. As for IELTS, you can add as part of your education documents and upload, it is not a mandatory document as long as you have provided IELTS number and other details in fields.But recommended to upload along with education documents.

namans

Aug 7, 2018
Birth certificate is needed only for children. As for IELTS, you can add as part of your education documents and upload, it is not a mandatory document as long as you have provided IELTS number and other details in fields.But recommended to upload along with education documents.
Thanks for the clarification :)
yes i mentioned my ielts certificate number in the other fields.

do you have any idea on work permit? i answered the questions they asked me in the questionnaire...

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Thanks for the clarification :)
yes i mentioned my ielts certificate number in the other fields.

do you have any idea on work permit? i answered the questions they asked me in the questionnaire...
If you are claiming points for job offer then a placeholder is generated for offer letter but there is nothing for work permit.

namans

Aug 7, 2018
If you are claiming points for job offer then a placeholder is generated for offer letter but there is nothing for work permit.
thank you very much!
and as far as the proof of work experience is considered, do we have to upload all the paystubs from past years along with job letter? or just some random pay stubs, t4, job letter will do?

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
thank you very much!
and as far as the proof of work experience is considered, do we have to upload all the paystubs from past years along with job letter? or just some random pay stubs, t4, job letter will do?
Nothing you mentioned is mandatory apart from letter but you can add last few months (3-6) paystubs.

Reactions: namans

kaur989

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
hey!
my friend has 70 points out of 100 for federal skilled worker category.
Is there any difference in applying for cec category or federal skilled worker?
any link for steps etc?
Any particular things to take care for this category because he is thinking to apply himself.

RPS92

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-06-2018
AOR Received.
21-08-2018
Med's Done....
12-09-18
Passport Req..
29-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2019
Hi all,

Please I need some advice urgently here! In my bank account I had more than sufficient funds as stated for settling by CIC but in one month I transferred a huge amount to my father's account for investment which he returned to me the next month. How do I explain this in my POF case? Should I get an affidavit or a gift deed? The money was earned by my salary savings for which I have payslips and tax returns. Should I also submit an LOE for this?

hrishikesh6589

Jun 11, 2018
Guys! Now that the 16th draw is out and the cut off threshold being at 440, how does one come to know if their profile has been shortlisted and they can expect an ITA?
What next basically? My CRS stands at 478 and I have been in the pool since 26th July 2018.