+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

kazimayub1

Apr 5, 2018
I have a question regarding which degree i should use for application.
My bachelors: Mechanical engineering
Masters: Petroleum Engineering
My work experience: Mechanical industry (Construction)
Please advise on which degree i should apply for express entry.
Is it necessary to have the same experience as the degree you use for application?
I will get extra points for master's degree but do let me know if you have had this situation and suggest what to do.

gio1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Masters: Petroleum Engineering "Use your Masters degree. Reason is that it will give you a higher score"
Is it necessary to have the same experience as the degree you use for application? "Not necessary, what's important is that your work experience must fall under either of these NOC's: 0, A or B.
I will get extra points for master's degree but do let me know if you have had this situation and suggest what to do.

FMT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Masters: Petroleum Engineering
Is it necessary to have the same experience as the degree you use for application?
Your Masters degree will be better because it gives you more points. However, it isn't a must that your work experience should be same as the degree. It is required that your work experience realms with the NOC you choose

Mission.Canada

Jan 15, 2016
Please let me know the field of study for my wife education.

1. BSc - Computer Science (although computer s ience is not mentioned anywhere on th degree)

2. MSc - Mathematics

3. B. Ed

dreamlover

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Hi,

Just a question.
What happens if you’re applying for a commonlaw and in the middle of the process, you’re getting married. Will that give any impact? On what stage of the application process should we declare that we’re getting married?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi. Please I need help with this: if ECA is due for completion by the 21st of April 2018, and the applicant uses this date to apply as of today; if he eventually lands ITA by the next draw which would certainly come up before the said ECA completion date, would it be termed misrepresentation by the time he finally submits?
Yes...

gio1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Hi,

Just a question.
What happens if you’re applying for a commonlaw and in the middle of the process, you’re getting married. Will that give any impact? On what stage of the application process should we declare that we’re getting married?
You must inform CIC about your marriage the moment it is done. BT I'll advice that you get married after AOR, by then you know that your CRS score is secured, meaning you won't be dropping points because of your spouse. You would then submit your spouse medical exam, updated proof of fund, marriage certificate, and all such documents relating to her.

Femiayee

Apr 5, 2018
Good evening house, please I have a question...is it necessary my wife take IELTS with me to apply or mine as the principal applicant enough?

gio1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Good day house. Is there another way to know the number of persons that are currently in the pool before a draw, aside CIC round of invitation page?

CanadaPR_455

Apr 6, 2018
Hi,

I have a question. I recently created an Express Entry profile. But I am confused about the NOC code. I am a software engineer/programmer and into IT but with a BTech degree in Electronics & Telecommunications. So initially I selected NOC 2173 (Software engineers and designers). But there is another NOC 2174 (Computer programmers & Interactive media developers).

Though the job duties are similar but the employment requirement are different.

While NOC 2173 states:
  • A bachelor's degree, usually in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering or mathematics or Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
NOC 2174 states:
  • A bachelor's degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component or Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
Link:
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/QuickSearch.aspx?ver=16&val65=2173
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/QuickSearch.aspx?ver=16&val65=2174

So my question is, being from Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering background, which NOC code will be appropriate for me. Also does the educational background plays a vital role in selecting NOC code.

Please guide me in this as currently I have NOC 2173 in my express entry profile.

Thanks in advance.

gio1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Hi,

I have a question. I recently created an Express Entry profile. But I am confused about the NOC code. I am a software engineer/programmer and into IT but with a BTech degree in Electronics & Telecommunications. So initially I selected NOC 2173 (Software engineers and designers). But there is another NOC 2174 (Computer programmers & Interactive media developers).

Though the job duties are similar but the employment requirement are different.

While NOC 2173 states:
  • A bachelor's degree, usually in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering or mathematics or Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
NOC 2174 states:
  • A bachelor's degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component or Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
Link:
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/QuickSearch.aspx?ver=16&val65=2173
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/QuickSearch.aspx?ver=16&val65=2174

So my question is, being from Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering background, which NOC code will be appropriate for me. Also does the educational background plays a vital role in selecting NOC code.

Please guide me in this as currently I have NOC 2173 in my express entry profile.

Thanks in advance.
Your Job Description is what matters. Ensure that your JD corresponds with the NOC you're going to use. Your job title and class of degree or course of study do not matter.