+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

gio1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Please can I combine multiple jobs with different NOCs to meet 3 year requirement? Say for instance one has 1 year and 2 months experience as an Office Administrator - NOC 1221, 1 year as a Biological technologist - NOC 2221, and currently having 11 months experience as Health, Safety and Environmental Officer - NOC 2263.

Please be aware that these experiences were gotten under different NOCs. Thank you.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
yes you
Please is it safe to combine multiple jobs with different NOCs to meet 3 year requirement? Say for instance one has 1 year and 2 months experience as an Office Administrator - NOC 1221, 1 year as a Biological technologist - NOC 2221, and currently having 11 months experience as Health, Safety and Environmental Officer - NOC 2263.

Please be aware that these experiences were gotten under different NOCs. Thank you.
Yes it is quite OK to have multiple NOC in your profile under work eperience. But you still have to select one as a primary NOC in EE profile.

gio1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
yes you

Yes it is quite OK to have multiple NOC in your profile under work eperience. But you still have to select one as a primary NOC in EE profile.
Thank you for replying. But I have a question, when I combine these jobs to have 3 years working experience, will selecting one as my primary NOC not affect my application seeing that neither of them is up to three years? I'd use my current job as my primary NOC and it's just 11 months experience.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
No
Thank you for replying. But I have a question, when I combine these jobs to have 3 years working experience, will selecting one as my primary NOC not affect my application seeing that neither of them is up to three years? I'd use my current job as my primary NOC and it's just 11 months experience.
it does not as long as all are part of their NOC list and all should be part of Skills 0, A and B.

gio1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
No

it does not as long as all are part of their NOC list and all should be part of Skills 0, A and B.
Thank you for the clarification. I became confused after reading somewhere that to max out work experience points, the experiences must fall under one NOC code. I also saw an old tweet from RICC to this effect, but I want to believe that it is an old tweet; maybe previously it wasn't possible to combine work experience gotten under different NOCs.

shettyd

Jun 13, 2016
Hi, one of my friend has done a bachelor in architecture , course duration is 5 years from India, now she is confused whether to select "masters degree" or "two or more degrees" or " bachelor degree's to determine her eligibility

gio1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Hi, one of my friend has done a bachelor in architecture , course duration is 5 years from India, now she is confused whether to select "masters degree" or "two or more degrees" or " bachelor degree's to determine her eligibility
It is when you evaluate it that you will know for a certainty what you will use. But if I were to advise you, I'd say it is equivalent to a Canadian Bachelors degree four or more years program. I have been in engineering five year program which was evaluated as 4 year bachelor degree in Canada by Wes. You may as well use Wes free equivalent tool to determine the equivalence of your degree when evaluated.

Neha@16

Mar 27, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have a small query. If someone is able to guide me, I'll be really grateful.

It is regarding settlement funds. I am the principal applicant and would be going with my husband and kid as and when I receive the ITA. Score is 446. However, I do not have necessary funds required for 3 people in my savings account balance or term deposits. My husband's general provident fund (government fund) adequately covers the fund requirement. Will this be accepted by the Canadian authorities or is it necessary that only the principal applicant's account should have the required balance.

Please guide me on how to go about the settlement funds as I am expecting ITA in the near future seeing the current trends.

Last edited:

gio1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have a small query. If someone is able to guide me, I'll be really grateful.

It is regarding settlement funds. I am the principal applicant and would be going with my spouse and kid as and when I receive the ITA. Score is 446. However, I do not have necessary funds required for 3 people in my savings account balance or term deposits. My husband's general provident fund (government fund) adequately covers the fund requirement. Will this be accepted by the Canadian authorities or is it necessary that only the principal applicant's account should have the required balance.

Please guide me on how to go about the settlement funds as I am expecting ITA in the near future seeing the current trends.
Hi. If I got you correctly, you mean the required funds belongs to one of you who is not the principal applicant. If that's correct, the owner of this funds can do a gift deed to the PA stating that the PA is free to use the money as settlement fund. Note that this fund must be transfered to the PA's account and it must be readily available for use.

Neha@16

Mar 27, 2018
Hi. If I got you correctly, you mean the required funds belongs to one of you who is not the principal applicant. If that's correct, the owner of this funds can do a gift deed to the PA stating that the PA is free to use the money as settlement fund. Note that this fund must be transfered to the PA's account and it must be readily available for use.
Thank you. Is there any link where I can gather more information on type of settlement funds accepted.

Krystine

Dec 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
Hope someone can shed some lights on my issue.

My boy friend is currently in 3rd year of Canadian university. (It is 4 year of University program)

After he had finished the second year of his study, he obtained two years of diploma which is something like this:

The TRU Visual Arts Diploma program consists of two years of core and elective courses, all of which may be taken singly, if desired. The holder of a TRU Visual Arts Diploma can enter the third year of the Bachelor of Fine Arts (Visual Arts) degree, or other university programs. Thus, it is strongly recommended that those students wishing to pursue the BFA degree at TRU or other post-secondary institution complete the Visual Arts Diploma to achieve third year standing before advancing to upper level classes in Visual Arts.

His diploma seems like a ladder to obtain a bachelor degree. But by itself, it is called a diploma. Therefore, I would like to know if his diploma can be counted as 'two year program at University' for EE stream.

Anyone knows about it, please advise.

Thank you.

fridge03

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Hello everyone!
Should I create EE profile even thought I have CRS <400 in order to get advantage "first come - first served" when I retake IELTS and get like CRS 440?
Thanks!