+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

fzin1

Jan 3, 2018
Hi everyone! I'm interested to apply for express entry. I have Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) and have 1 year experience as an Office admin assistant at a school. Will this work experience be counted and I'll be given points? Or do I have to have relevant work experience in Accounting? Thanks.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone! I'm interested to apply for express entry. I have Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) and have 1 year experience as an Office admin assistant at a school. Will this work experience be counted and I'll be given points? Or do I have to have relevant work experience in Accounting? Thanks.
Will be counted assuming your NOC is 0, A or B.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

lyne1604

Jan 30, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-11-2017
Doc's Request.
28-11-2017
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
File Transfer...
29-01-2018
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
15-05-2017
Interview........
waiting
Hi everyone!

So I have a situation here, maybe someone has the answer:
I am a french Citizen, living/working in Toronto since feb 2014 under a Working Holiday visa (expires feb 2018).

I applied to a PR through Express entry (Canadian experience class) after invitation with 524 points.

PR application sent: 20 November 2017
Asked for complementary info about my travel history: 28 November 2017
File transferred from original CIC center to Etobicoke CIC office: 29 January 2018???

So my question is, Why are files transferred? also, my original visa is about to expire, I applied for a work permit temporary extension in process, what if it is not approved before my original work permit expires?

Thank you so much for any similar experience or extra info you might have!
Have a great day.

Last edited:

aKhaista

Jan 12, 2018
Urgent help required from expert/Senior members
NOC 4032-Elementary And Kindergarten teachers.
Can my work experience be both as an elementary teacher and kindergarten teacher or does it have to be in only one of the above? lets say i have 2 years Work experience as an elementary teacher and then a year as a Kindergarten teacher, will this be counted as 3 years of work experience?

Also does work experience while being a full time student at the same time in home country count for points towards Express entry?

Thanks

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,

There is no requirement for one's education and work experience to match. So as long as your experience falls under skilled work experience (NOC A, B or 0) you will be awarded points.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Urgent help required from expert/Senior members
NOC 4032-Elementary And Kindergarten teachers.
Can my work experience be both as an elementary teacher and kindergarten teacher or does it have to be in only one of the above? lets say i have 2 years Work experience as an elementary teacher and then a year as a Kindergarten teacher, will this be counted as 3 years of work experience?

Also does work experience while being a full time student at the same time in home country count for points towards Express entry?

Thanks
Hi,

1 - Both count. So that will be 3 years of experience.
2 - Yes it does, as long as you were paid for the work and it was not part of the studies.

regards

Reactions: aKhaista

macaly7

Jan 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
Please help with two more questions.

If you've never had a US student/work/ resident visa but you've spent a total of 6 months there since age 18 if you count up all your trips for vacation and work related courses there do you still need a US PCC?

How exactly do they determine if you need a PCC for a country? Do you have to list all of your travel since 18??

dr.varun

Jan 17, 2015
.i know this is out of context...i immigrated to canada 2 yrs back and got alot of help from this forum....i got a full time govt job here in a school as math teacher....my school board is hiring big time..if some of your aquaintance wants to move to northern quebec please let me know...salary will be around 65000$-80000$depending on education and experience and they provide free furnished accomodation plus 3 outings (3 trips in a year paid by school - around 5000$ for each trip if you travel by car)... let me know if some one is interested...you may forward my message to other forums as well...thanks..email me at drvarunbangia@gmail.com

Onpoint

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Please help with two more questions.

If you've never had a US student/work/ resident visa but you've spent a total of 6 months there since age 18 if you count up all your trips for vacation and work related courses there do you still need a US PCC?

How exactly do they determine if you need a PCC for a country? Do you have to list all of your travel since 18??
Yes, you will need a US PCC. PCC are required for all countries where you've cumulatively spent 180 or more days since turning 18 or in the last 10 years.

Reactions: macaly7
Jan 8, 2018
Which country's city do you need the pending PCC from? Check the rules in case you just need one PCC for the country instead of one for each city.
I am from Pakistan. Using one PCC makes sense if it covers the entire duration since I turned 18. In my case, the PCC that I got from my current address mentions a duration of 4 years and the one from my permanent address have no dates on it. So not sure if the PCC from my permanent address serves the purpose, in case I am submitting only from Pakistan.