+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Tony20182017

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
AOR Received.
19-09-2017
Hello there,

Thanks for your advice on my concern. Yes I know my job title is a very specific kind and it is hard to find it in the noc. By any chance, what does it mean by 'P.C'? I am kinda new to those terms. xD
Publishing Coordinator, shortened it.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,
I am actually a secondary applicant, and my wife as a Primary applicant
the the minimum i have shown is 16000 CAD, i have these few doubts, it would be great if @TanakaM or someone can clarify on these
1. Being a secondary applicant i am planning to show the proof of funds from account
2. I have 1 Fixed deposit in different bank and the savings account from other different bank, is it fine if i can just show the FIxed deposit certificate and the six months balance from the other savings account??
3. Currently the savings account is having my wife name included as Joint account holder but in the Fixed deposit which is fro a different bank doesn't have my wife name included in it? is it required?
Hi,

1. It's ok for the funds to be in your account, you just need to sign a notarised affidavit giving your full consent to the use of these funds for immigration purposes.
2. You only need to show the account with the funds.

Regards

Reactions: shettyd

shettyd

Jun 13, 2016
Hi,

1. It's ok for the funds to be in your account, you just need to sign a notarised affidavit giving your full consent to the use of these funds for immigration purposes.
2. You only need to show the account with the funds.

Regards
Hi Tanaka, for showing Fixed deposits as POF, do we need to get the FD certificate

sharma_vidhyut

Nov 27, 2017
Hi, and what is the update requirement per prrs

Hi, I think 435 will be breached very soon. Last year it went down much further down than that. And this year they have increased the targets so every chance of thus happenIng within 2-4 months, if not earlier. In my view the higher cutoffs in last few rounds were because of 2 missed draws, as
Go through this page. This one's updated recently.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/proof-funds.html

sharma_vidhyut

Nov 27, 2017
Thank you. Do you know how can I get the information for updated values? I am the only member in my family (1 member) and the amount I entered was 20000 CAD.
Well with that much amount of money, you won't have any problem whatsoever as far as POF are concerned (of course you will have to prove it that this is readily available to you)
This is the new list of POF requirements:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/proof-funds.html

Also, you may want to check the no. of hours you have mentioned in your profile...it is required to be updated on weekly basis not daily basis.!!

Last edited:
Reactions: forzara

Tony20182017

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
AOR Received.
19-09-2017
Coming to finances, this section is very confusing and poorly written.
"For example, you can't use equity on real property as proof of settlement funds."
What does equity on property mean? Loan or is it a typing error and they mean property or equity?

Also it remains ambiguous whether we need a fresh POF certificate at time of landing? If yes, same format as when we used during application of just a bank statement will do?

In the bottom section they give examples of sources of funds that cancan be seized if ignored is above 10.000 and we do not declare. Alright seize if you desire, but tell us clearly are stocks, property, treasury bills, debentures etc mentioned can be used as source of funds or not? And tell for both stages.

All in all so ambiguous and poorly written it leaves you totally confused.

Practically I have read memebers who have already landed that they do not even ask to see POF documents at time of landing. Just ask a figure sum which will be put in a form. But do they have a right to ask for a fresh document or not? I remember reading somewhere that we are expected to bring all the documents that we used at time of application post ITA. But no mention of any fresh POF.

Hirra*

Jan 13, 2018
Hey.

It's a very informative forum and after reading a lots of information, many things are understandable now...
I've a query in my mind, as I worked as administrative officer for more than five years while now I'm working as sales executive in Procter and Gamble dubai. So I can select administrative skill code?? Or only the one which I'm doing now??
Regards

Tony20182017

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
AOR Received.
19-09-2017
Hey.

It's a very informative forum and after reading a lots of information, many things are understandable now...
I've a query in my mind, as I worked as administrative officer for more than five years while now I'm working as sales executive in Procter and Gamble dubai. So I can select administrative skill code?? Or only the one which I'm doing now??
Regards
You get points for 2 years of work if I am not wrong. So if you have worked in your current position for more than 2 years, then you can show that. And show the other 5 years experience too but may or may not claim points for that( depending whether the former is also on NOC list)

If you have worked for less than 2 years in your current job than claim points for the former job, if that is in the list too. It isn't not a requirement that the points claimed job is current or latest one

Reactions: Hirra*

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
You get points for 2 years of work if I am not wrong. So if you have worked in your current position for more than 2 years, then you can show that. And show the other 5 years experience too but may or may not claim points for that( depending whether the former is also on NOC list)

If you have worked for less than 2 years in your current job than claim points for the former job, if that is in the list too. It isn't not a requirement that the points claimed job is current or latest one
Incorrect- you can show any experience as long as its a minimum of 1 year. Furthermore, you can experience for 2 NOC codes as well- I had used 0114 and 0125 for showcasing my 7 years of experience. Almost all the NOC codes are reflected in the present list as opposed to pre-2015.

Tony20182017

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
AOR Received.
19-09-2017
Incorrect- you can show any experience as long as its a minimum of 1 year. Furthermore, you can experience for 2 NOC codes as well- I had used 0114 and 0125 for showcasing my 7 years of experience. Almost all the NOC codes are reflected in the present list as opposed to pre-2015.
Yes stand corrected. Its 1 year.
I know one can show experience in 2 different lists. But any has to be for 1 year at least, I was under the impression I told was 2 years.

And relevantly for Hira, the points claimed for need not be current or latest job.