+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi @TanakaM, this "secondary school diploma and diploma 2 years" this is evaluation of one credential only. This is evaluation of a diploma of mine which i completed in India. My second credential was a bachelor degree. So again repeating the question: what does that "and diploma 2 years means?" More than a secondary diploma or not ?
Oh ok, this becomes very confusing.

Can you PM me a screenshot of the actual ECA report?

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Hi @TanakaM and @crescent_jam , Quick questions:

1. I put in the EE profile that I have experience from 2011 through 2016 under the Managerial code, 0114 as my primary occupation. My company has provided the letter from 2010 to 2017 (I joined as a Team Leader in 2010 and was till 2011) and hasn't provided the breakdown in designations (which they say was advised by the Risk Management team). I became an Assistant Manager from 2011 to 2014, and then a Manager from 2014 to 2016- do I let them know this in the LOE? Or should I get an affidavit?
2 I have another work experience under 0125 from June 2016 till present(which I also entered on my EE profile), albeit this isn't my primary occupation- my company has provided a letter matching the duties and responsibilities of this job.
3. To top it all, my experience from June 2016 onward is with another entity of my company (as it's client-serving) whilst from 2010 to 2016 it's support services- I can surely explain this in the LOE.

Please advise. Btw I work in one of the Big 4 professional services firms (EY/Deloitte/KPMG/PwC)- does this help in any way that it's a reputed firm?

Thanks.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi @TanakaM and @crescent_jam , Quick questions:

1. I put in the EE profile that I have experience from 2011 through 2016 under the Managerial code, 0114 as my primary occupation. My company has provided the letter from 2010 to 2017 (I joined as a Team Leader in 2010 and was till 2011) and hasn't provided the breakdown in designations (which they say was advised by the Risk Management team). I became an Assistant Manager from 2011 to 2014, and then a Manager from 2014 to 2016- do I let them know this in the LOE? Or should I get an affidavit?
2 I have another work experience under 0125 from June 2016 till present(which I also entered on my EE profile), albeit this isn't my primary occupation- my company has provided a letter matching the duties and responsibilities of this job.
3. To top it all, my experience from June 2016 onward is with another entity of my company (as it's client-serving) whilst from 2010 to 2016 it's support services- I can surely explain this in the LOE.

Please advise. Btw I work in one of the Big 4 professional services firms (EY/Deloitte/KPMG/PwC)- does this help in any way that it's a reputed firm?

Thanks.
1. What designation did your company identify in your letter? Your most recent one? And, since the letter spans your whole tenure under 3 different designations, do the job duties and responsibilities that were outlined in the letter correspond with NOC 0014? Because if they're including your Team Leader tenure, this means this job duties and responsibilities outlined in the letter aren't relevant to this portion of your employment...
Do you have your promotion letters for each time you moved to a new designation? If so, you could just attach these in lieu of an LOE and/or affidavit. But an LOE might still be a good idea...
2. This should be fine
3. Who employs (pays) you? The Company who wrote the letter? Or this client-serving entity? If it's the latter, I think they really should have been the ones to do the letter...

Working at one of the Big 4 professional firms won't award you any additional points or preferences in the EE process but it should make verification of your work experience easier (at least IRCC won't have reason to doubt you're making up the Company, so as long as they're satisfied you actually worked there, in the actual role specified, you should be fine on this front)...

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
1. What designation did your company identify in your letter? Your most recent one? And, since the letter spans your whole tenure under 3 different designations, do the job duties and responsibilities that were outlined in the letter correspond with NOC 0014? Because if they're including your Team Leader tenure, this means this job duties and responsibilities outlined in the letter aren't relevant to this portion of your employment...
Do you have your promotion letters for each time you moved to a new designation? If so, you could just attach these in lieu of an LOE and/or affidavit. But an LOE might still be a good idea...
2. This should be fine
3. Who employs (pays) you? The Company who wrote the letter? Or this client-serving entity? If it's the latter, I think they really should have been the ones to do the letter...

Working at one of the Big 4 professional firms won't award you any additional points or preferences in the EE process but it should make verification of your work experience easier (at least IRCC won't have reason to doubt you're making up the Company, so as long as they're satisfied you actually worked there, in the actual role specified, you should be fine on this front)...
Thanks, it's the most recent designation of manager- I've included only roles and responsibilities relevant to the Managerial NOC code of 0114, and they've put it from 2010 to 2017 ! Looks like I have extra years of experience now.

For the 3rd point, my company has 2 sub-organizations or 2 legal entities albeit its under one big umbrella- One is for support services whilst the other one is the client-serving entity. I have 2 letters issued by with them with 2 different entities, however my Company's name is common across both of them.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Thanks, it's the most recent designation of manager- I've included only roles and responsibilities relevant to the Managerial NOC code of 0114, and they've put it from 2010 to 2017 ! Looks like I have extra years of experience now.

For the 3rd point, my company has 2 sub-organizations or 2 legal entities albeit its under one big umbrella- One is for support services whilst the other one is the client-serving entity. I have 2 letters issued by with them with 2 different entities, however my Company's name is common across both of them.
Okay, well, for the first, it won't pose a problem UNLESS IRCC calls your employer to verify your employment and whoever they speak to reveals that you haven't actually been working under NOC 0114 for 7 years...

For the 3rd point, as long as the letter points to which entity you're actually employed to, it should be okay (even if it doesn't, you should be okay, but you always want to ensure all of your i's are dotted and all t's crossed). I also work for a larger Group (umbrella company) with multiple subsidiaries/entities but I'm actually employed to a subsidiary (as most of our employees are). My letter is on the Group's letterhead, but the letter has a clear sentence explaining which subsidiary I'm employed to.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Okay, well, for the first, it won't pose a problem UNLESS IRCC calls your employer to verify your employment and whoever they speak to reveals that you haven't actually been working under NOC 0114 for 7 years...

For the 3rd point, as long as the letter points to which entity you're actually employed to, it should be okay (even if it doesn't, you should be okay, but you always want to ensure all of your i's are dotted and all t's crossed). I also work for a larger Group (umbrella company) with multiple subsidiaries/entities but I'm actually employed to a subsidiary (as most of our employees are). My letter is on the Group's letterhead, but the letter has a clear sentence explaining which subsidiary I'm employed to.
Thanks much bud- the HR says they're more than glad to vouch for experience, and says till date they have never received a call/email from the Canadian Embassy in India albeit many people request for letters.

Now the thing is I've put my experience from 2011 through 2016 as the Manager- Admin Services and 2016 till present as Manager- Tax. And this experience on 1 letter is from 2010 to 2017.

You're spot-on and the Letterhead explicitly states the legal entity I am under LLP or otherwise.

sorelconsty

Aug 8, 2017
Hi everyone
please I am filling my EE application but I have a issue
My mom has only one name. No firstname. When I leave the space for firstname blank there is error.
What can I do please?

Umidjon90

Jun 22, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Hi guys, a candidate got rejected because of provincial nomination expiration.

His details:
OINP Nomination received Apr 6
AOR July 8
Rejected on October 16

Therefore, I would like to confirm from seniors if we need to ask for extensions for nominations ? Does not it get freezed after AOR?
Appreciate your advice.

Thank you beforehand!

Oct 16, 2017
It's all on the CIC site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

But...

(Please note that this info does not apply to the Federal Skilled Trades Program)

1) Determine your eligibility by doing this CIC quiz http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp

2) Get your language test(s) done. You must get at least CLB 7 in each of the four sections for the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW), Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) or Canadian Experience Class (CEC) streams. But getting CLB 10 gives you maximum points for language.

How does CLB match back to the language tests? That info is here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp

3) Get your qualifications assessed by doing an Education Credential Assessment. Details here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

4) Determine the code that best applies to you on the National Occupation Classification (NOC) list http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

The occupation must be NOC 0, A, or B for FSW or CEC.

5) When you have those in hand you create your express entry profile. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp and register for the Job Bank http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng

You'll be given points based on your age, education, number of years work experience, and language skills. The points system is detailed here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

You'll be in a pool with thousands of other applicants http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/pool.asp

Of course, the more points you have the better. The max is 1200, with 600 of those points coming from your ability to snag a PNP or a job offer with a very hard to get Labour Market Impact Assessment http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/employers/lmo-basics.asp

For CEC applicants, the max is 600 but someone who has no work experience in Canada who is only eligible for FSW can only get up to 520 points.

6) Finally, wait for your invitation to apply (ITA). But in the interim you will need to do the following:

a) Have your application fee (C$550 each for principal applicant and spouse) and right of permanent resident fee (C$490 each for principal applicant and spouse) ready
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

b) Identify how you will provide proof of funds http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

c) check out what is required for the police certificates http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

d) find out how long it takes to get a date for the medical exam. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

e) contact previous and current employers about them providing job letters. You must have at least 12 months of full-time, or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week. Work experience while you were a full-time student does not count.

f) research cities in the province(s) where you want to live.

Hello YamPower,
When doing Eligibility Determination process, is it required IELTS test score..?

paryant22

Mar 12, 2016
Hi Friends,

I had received an ITA and submitted my application within the deadline along with the Fees. For a few days this showed on my CIC account under submitted applications but today when I logged in, there is nothing :(

I have no clue where my application is. Kindly help in case someone else has faced a similar situation or is aware about it.

Is there a helpline number/ Email where I can write to CIC and confirm about my status?

Please note: I had submitted all documents except my wife's X-Ray since she is in the middle of her pregnancy and our doctor has advised us to get an X-ray done post delivery. My wife is the primary applicant.

Looking forward your response. Thanks in advance.

srinu126

Sep 13, 2017
I am creating an express entry profile, and have couple of questions related to ECA:
  • I have a Masters degree in Business Administration and Bachelors degrees in Electronics Engineering. Do I need to get ECA for both or just the highest degree?
  • Since I am applying as a couple, is it required to get an ECA done for my wife as well? Is the process different if you are getting ECA as a couple rather than as an individual applicant?
- WES will charge the same for any number of evaluations of a same certificate name, better to get ECA for both of your degree's.
- ECA is done for an individual certificate name, you have to get it done separately for your wife.

srinu126

Sep 13, 2017
Yes I'm talking about those 6-12 sentences. I need to get my reference letter with the job duties printed according to noc 1

yes I was above 18 years above both times. And I didn't really scan the application forms before sending them to FBI , but I do have a phone camera picture of that + courier reciept + fingerprinting payment receipt , will that serve the purpose?
It would be better if you explain in the LOE that you have applied for PCC as soon as you have received an ITA and that the delay is with the current system issuing PCC (FBI in your case ), along with the receipts.

nish

Jan 10, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
About to apply.
Hi, I just submitted Express Entry at 10 am, 17th Oct 2017 canada time. But the Express Entry shows date of submission of EE as 18th Oct.

Why is the difference in date. Will i be considered for tomorrow's CRS Draw??