+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

vivcomper

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Hi All ..My friend is in canada and recently got his CoPR.Now once he does his landing, can he travel back to his home country for a vacation? Or Should he wait for his PR card and then he should/can travel ?

Let me know as it is bit urgent...Tx :)

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
@TanakaM , I'm facing serious trouble updating information on this ITA form. Entered details of mine and spouse's family members, and it disappears everytime I log-in. I also now don't see the passport details of my spouse notwithstanding entering it twice.

There are some serious bugs on this tool, and I raised an issue- They sent me a templatized reply in relation to this problem.

What's the best way to move this forward? Should I try another browser perhaps?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Jakev,
This used to happen to me a lot too.

What I realized was that every time I entered those "data-heavy" screens (Family Information, Travel History, Address History, Personal History, etc.), I needed to wait a LONG TIME to give the page a chance to load everything (once I realized this, I would navigate to the screen, and then wait 15 minutes before trying to do anything at all with it). Then, once all the info is showing, you make a change, hit 'Save' and then wait 5 minutes before navigating anywhere else.

If you don't wait long enough for the page to load with the previously-entered information, and then hit 'Save' or leave the page, the information will disappear.

A good tip as well is to take a screen shot of the page each time you visit or edit it, so that, if you do lose your information, you have an easier time remembering and re-entering what you had there before.

msund

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
AOR Received.
01-11-2017
Hello everyone,
I have submitted my profile and received enough points to get invitation in next draw under FSW. However, I have studied in canada and had one year Canadian experience as well. I am going to submit file this month and have all documents ready, but have some confusion in two documents.
First, I had one month experience in 7-11 as a assistant manager during 16 dec 2013 to 14 jan 2014. I have experience letter describing all information. But i have only notice of assessment for both years not paystubs as proof of salary. Is it alright?
Second, I had done medical exam on feb 21, 2017. It should be alright to submit same medical as it is valid for 12 months?
Your help will be appreciated.thanks

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
Hi guys,
I have a query for my friend, he has paper based application with IRCC and its been 08 months, by this time we were expecting medical, but meanwhile we received a letter saying that application is likely to be refused as visa officer isn't satisfied with the IELTS Score. Below is the IELTS result

Listening: 6.5
Reading: 3.5
Writing: 6.0
Speaking: 6.0

Please: He applied based on the nomination received from SINP (Saskatchewan PNP) on family economy program.

This letter is of 03 pages, the VO mentioned following points in 03 pages letter:
a. VO is not satisfied with the english competency, the candidate applied under the NOC of Lawyer advocate, and such profession requires high english level , e.g CLB 8.0
b. The above mentioned ielts score satisfies the requirement of family nominee program of province, however it is not enough to be able to contribute as potential candidate for the economy of canada.
c. I understand that you have family connection in the province to support you, however, they can't help you much in your professional life to stabilize with the complex legal preceding of a lawyer's job.
d. You've 90 days to submit any document to support your position, else you application is likely to be declined.

So, We left with 35 days more to reply them and thinking on following possibilities: Pls advise
a. we should submit them revised/improved ielts result, equal to CLB 7 or 8.
b. in worst case, on not succeeding in ielts, we can hire some solicitor in canada, as his brother is living there, and they can claim that ielts score meets the PNP requirement, therefore he got the nomination, or any other reason which a local canadian solicitor may assist in.
c. or we can submit a revised ielts, let see whether it gets accepted, in case it is failed, application will get declined, can we high lawyer at that stage?

what if he couldn't produce improved ielts result i.e upto CLB, what could be the consequences and and counter way-forward.

Thanks for reading and your opinion.

Regards,
Abdul Qayyum
Guys,
Any other opinion?
thanks

Kaur12n

Star Member
May 1, 2017
Hi all

Is anyone confident regarding the timeline of work experience for express entry.

I started working in noc b category in oct 2016 and went backhome for 7 weeks in between.
Before this i worked for a month in noc b category (sep-oct2016) but at that time my work permit application was in process n i was on my study permit. M not sure if i can claim this experience too

Do we have tp count work experience exactly for 1 year or can i submit my express entry profile now?

I am getting many mixed opinions on this. Please guide me.

Thanks

virk.chd

Oct 4, 2014
Hello all , please helpe with below enquiry its realy confusing for me :

I checked my eligibilty via Come to Canada tool and its shows i am eligible and give me a reference code with the help of that code i created my express entry profile and it displays 363 CRS score with FSW criteria met. But later on when i calculated my FSW score manualy i score only 65 FSW points.
How it is possible?
Below is the FSW score breakdown .

Ielts - 16 points Writing-6 , L-R-S - 6.5 each
Education - 21 points - Bachelor 3 years
Age - 12 points - 25 years
Experience - 11 points - 3 years
Adaptability - 5 points - Relative in canada
Total - 16+21+12++11+5 = 65

Thanks in advance.

Blowtouch

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Hi Friends,

Any suggestion why there hasn't been progress on an FWS-O application with AOR 20th June since medical passed 28th July and at IP1 since then (77days). Please weigh in for advise and opinion. Thanks

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi Friends,

Any suggestion why there hasn't been progress on an FWS-O application with AOR 20th June since medical passed 28th July and at IP1 since then (77days). Please weigh in for advise and opinion. Thanks
Hi my friend,

There is no set time, you just have to be patient. Its been less than 4 months so they are still well within the 6 months. You can order GCMS note, which will give you an idea of what's going on.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-about-gcms-how-to-order-read-general-questions-answered.482200/

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello all , please helpe with below enquiry its realy confusing for me :

I checked my eligibilty via Come to Canada tool and its shows i am eligible and give me a reference code with the help of that code i created my express entry profile and it displays 363 CRS score with FSW criteria met. But later on when i calculated my FSW score manualy i score only 65 FSW points.
How it is possible?
Below is the FSW score breakdown .

Ielts - 16 points Writing-6 , L-R-S - 6.5 each
Education - 21 points - Bachelor 3 years
Age - 12 points - 25 years
Experience - 11 points - 3 years
Adaptability - 5 points - Relative in canada
Total - 16+21+12++11+5 = 65

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

You actually have 67 points. Your IELTS gives you 18 points not 16.
W and L- CLB 7 (4*2) = 8
R and S - CLB 8 (5*2) = 10

Regards

Reactions: Jakev

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi all

Is anyone confident regarding the timeline of work experience for express entry.

I started working in noc b category in oct 2016 and went backhome for 7 weeks in between.
Before this i worked for a month in noc b category (sep-oct2016) but at that time my work permit application was in process n i was on my study permit. M not sure if i can claim this experience too

Do we have tp count work experience exactly for 1 year or can i submit my express entry profile now?

I am getting many mixed opinions on this. Please guide me.

Thanks
Hi,

If this is Canadian experience you cant count the work you did on a study permit. As you need exactly 1 year, why dont you just wait until the end of this month so that you have more than 1 year of experience in your current job?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Second, I had done medical exam on feb 21, 2017. It should be alright to submit same medical as it is valid for 12 months?
Your help will be appreciated.thanks
Yes, these will do since they are valid.

regards

Blowtouch

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Hi my friend,

There is no set time, you just have to be patient. Its been less than 4 months so they are still well within the 6 months. You can order GCMS note, which will give you an idea of what's going on.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-about-gcms-how-to-order-read-general-questions-answered.482200/

All the best
Many Thanks @TanakaM for always staying close to answer all our many questions, its most appreciated. Wish you good luck in all your endeavors.
Cheers

Reactions: TanakaM