+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi TanakaM,
I'm confusing of filling travel & personal history. I have 3 following questions that really need your advice.

1. For example, if I was unemployed from Nov 1 to Jan 15, but employed from Jan 16 onward, when I fill in the time, should I write
  • from Nov to Jan Unemployed and from Jan to March Employed or
  • from Nov to Dec Unemployed and from Jan to March Employed? I mean if the overlap is a problem?
Option 2 - Overlapping is not a problem.
2. I used to study in NL for 2 years. Then I'm back to my home country until now. How should I mention these 2 trips? Currently, I'm writing like this. Is it correct?
  • From 19 Aug 2013 to 28 May 2015: NL
  • From 28 May 2015 - tick on-going: my home country.
Just mention - From 19 Aug 2013 to 28 May 2015: NL

The second one is not a trip. So just enter the 1st one.
3. And if I mention as above, what should I fill in the Region/City/Town of visit? Is it the destination on flights or my real cities where I live and work? It's not only one city but many.

Enter the city you first lived in.

Please help to advise. Thank you a lot.
See answers in red.

regards

Reactions: pino1130

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
I am preparing the documentation for my Canada PR.

Quick question on documents:

Employment Related:

1. Do I need to prepare job reference letter of all employers or just any one employer in last 3 years where I worked for more than a year full time?
You need references for all the experience you have claimed points for, everything else goes into personal history where no evidence is required.
  1. Do I also need to provide additional documents like Payslips, Tax documents like Form 16, ITR, Salary credit proof like Bank statements etc?
These are optional but not required. If the reference lette4r has all the required information, I would just add a few payslips.

Proof of funds related:

1. Is it mandatory to have proof of funds only in name of primary applicant or can it be in Spouse name or may be joint name
POF can be in the Spouses account if they are accompanying. However, the spouse must sign an affidavit giving their full consent to the use of these funds for immigration purposes.
  1. Can I include bank statements from 2 different countries
Yes
For complete documentation, So far in my check list I have:
  1. IELTS
  2. ECA
  3. PCC
  4. Proof of funds
  5. Employment docs
Am I missing something?

This is personalised bass on the information you have entered. So no one can answer that question.

Thanks in advance
See answers in red.

All the best.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Need some expert advice guys!
Background -
I have IELTS score valid (for me and wife) for one more year. Applied for BE and MS transcripts and waiting for those, then I'll apply for
ECA.

Need advice on below pointers :
1. Which is best agency to get ECA done? I presume WES. I am IT professional and my wife is HR professional. I am trying to get ECA done for both of us?
I recommend WES.

2. Which NOC code to choose if there are multiple ones matching the job duties? 2-3 NOCs each matches our job profile. so while choosing will it make a difference if the NOC is from type 0 or A (in terms of points awarded for skilled experience)

It makes no difference whether it is in category 0,A or B, so pick the one in which you have performed the actions in the lead statement and in which you have done 70-80%+ of the duties listed in the NOC.

3.What all are the other documents I need to apply and can initiate till the time I wait for transcripts and ECA
ECA and IELTS is what you need to create a profile, you can start working on how you will provide POF and getting PCC, particularly from countries you no longer live in.

4. Regarding job duties reference letter, its not possible to get the customised letter as per the policy of my previous employers (which is the case with most IT MNCs in India). What is the way out here. We have standard joining, releasing and other documents from all the employers
Submit what the company can give you and ask your former boss to write you a reference letter with the required details on plain notarised paper.

I know this is very specific and guidance will help me in proceeding in right direction. Many thanks in advance.
See answers in red.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
My employer not writing me down:
Job Duties, Annual Salary, Full Time Hours per Week
on my Verification of Employment

What do I do ?

PLEASE HELP
Submit what the company can give you and ask your boss to write you a reference letter with the required details on plain notarised paper. Also submit your payslips.

All the best

Reactions: Wandering Mind

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,

Do we need to upload translated birth certificate and identification card apart from the passport? Those documents have been translated into English. If so do we need to upload affidavit from sworn translator?

Thank you

:):):)
Birth certificates are not required for adults and ID cards are not mandatory. So you can just submit your passport if you want.

If the birth certificate is for your child follow these instructions:
"Translation of documents
If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with a copy of the original document as well as a version translated by a certified translator.

If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with:

• the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translations; and
  • a certified photocopy of the original document."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,

There is two letters difference in mine and my sibling's birth certificates. when we produce those as proof of sibling relationship, will it be a problem? What kind of document should submit for that? I am not claiming points for siblings but they asked details.

Thank you

:):):)
IF you are not claiming points for it then there is no need to submit any evidence of it. They are asking for detail because you answered Yes when you were asked if you have a sibling in Canada. You can submit it as it is and explain in your LOE.

Regards

Reactions: SDS

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Thank you a lot. For question 2, I have the departure stamp on passport for the trip back to my country, is it a problem if I don't mention it?
That doesn't matter. By entering From 19 Aug 2013 to 28 May 2015: NL
It already tells them that you entered your home country.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
I recently got ITA but had to decline it because I need to delete my National ID card information that was added along with passport information in my Express Entry profile. Also Birth City of my spouse was incorrect in Express Entry profile. Do you think this update will have negative impact on Ontario nomination (Though neither of them was mentioned in Ontario profile as they don't require it). Though these changes have no impact on CRS. Please reply.
That is ridiculous, you are allowed to make changes post-ITA and simply explain them. Why would you decline an ITA for such things? I guess you have such freedom when you have an extra 600 points.lol
It wont affect your nomination.

Regards

Reactions: Wandering Mind

Kuchbhi

Jul 16, 2017
@TanakaM and Others,

I am reading majority of posts on this thread and gaining tons of knowledge [specially on page 1] - however at times it's also confusing me

1) Do I need to have a birth certificate? I don't think I came across this on CIC website where they mention it. In India not everyone born in 80s have a birth certificate. We are provided an admit card for Class 10 Exam which serves as proof of Date of Birth. Otherwise, we have Passport that serves as the ultimate document for Name / address / Date of birth

2) I thought the EE process is pretty straight forward. Take IELTS, get ECA and apply using a CRS score. if CRS > Cutoff then we get ITA. But I am getting confused as many people are saying stuff like ONIP - Ontario Nomination, FSW, Sasketchwan nomination etc. Am I missing something? My CRS is 466 - should I explore getting provincial nomination?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
@TanakaM and Others,

I am reading majority of posts on this thread and gaining tons of knowledge [specially on page 1] - however at times it's also confusing me

1) Do I need to have a birth certificate? I don't think I came across this on CIC website where they mention it. In India not everyone born in 80s have a birth certificate. We are provided an admit card for Class 10 Exam which serves as proof of Date of Birth. Otherwise, we have Passport that serves as the ultimate document for Name / address / Date of birth

2) I thought the EE process is pretty straight forward. Take IELTS, get ECA and apply using a CRS score. if CRS > Cutoff then we get ITA. But I am getting confused as many people are saying stuff like ONIP - Ontario Nomination, FSW, Sasketchwan nomination etc. Am I missing something? My CRS is 466 - should I explore getting provincial nomination?
Hi,

1) Birth certificates are only need for your dependent children. So dont worry.
2) Provincial nomination gives a candidate an extra 600 points, but to some extent binds you to that province , is time consuming and more expensive. With a score of 466 you are almost guaranteed of an ITA in the next draw so you dont need it.

All the best

jchoudhury

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
That is ridiculous, you are allowed to make changes post-ITA and simply explain them. Why would you decline an ITA for such things? I guess you have such freedom when you have an extra 600 points.lol
It wont affect your nomination.

Regards
Brother, I know I did ridiculous mistake. But I can't undone. Please tell me, deleting National ID would hurt OINP or not?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Brother, I know I did ridiculous mistake. But I can't undone. Please tell me, deleting National ID would hurt OINP or not?
Its ok since you have an extra 600 points.:) Removing it from your EE profile will not affect your OINP in any way. Why are you removing it in the first place?

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017

You've been misinformed!

Check with your parents if they had registered your birth at the local municipality. If they have, you just need to ask for a copy of it.

Usually people don't have a birth certificate either because their parents didn't register their birth or because they haven't gone to the municipal office asking for it.

Anyway, you won't need a birth certificate for Express Entry. Only for OINP.

Good luck.

Reactions: Kuchbhi

maddyraja

Apr 19, 2017
no. only education documents, marraige certificate and those sort of important documents need to be translated. not passport stampings.

however i'm concerned about 2007-2009 - in total did you live in dubai for over 6 months? if yes, you need to get UAE PCC also.
Thanks Stunner. I was always on visit visa as I never stayed for more than 3 months. I have checked with dubai police and UAE embassy. PCC is not issued for visit visa. Will include that in the LOE.