+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

vkumar7077

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
I am a C/Java developer mostly writing code and maintaining existing code- My job duties mostly match NOC 2174 (Computer programmers and interactive media developers) , but my role given be my company is Software engineer.

I am just wondering if I should use NOC 2173 (Software engineers and designers) or NOC 2174 (Computer programmers and interactive media developers) on my EE profile? Pls advice.

Reactions: Vinod597

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Is the address mentioned on the WES evaluation important? when applying for WES I gave my friend's address in Canada as the mailing address as it was faster and cheaper. will this be an issue?

and when I upload the WES evaluation, should I upload the whole document or just the pages with the credential evaluation is enough?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Is the address mentioned on the WES evaluation important? when applying for WES I gave my friend's address in Canada as the mailing address as it was faster and cheaper. will this be an issue?

and when I upload the WES evaluation, should I upload the whole document or just the pages with the credential evaluation is enough?
you just need an electronic copy, physical copy delivered anywhere isnt necessary

what do you mean by the whole document ? as far as i remember the WES report is like 1-2 pages only - upload both

Reactions: Shivanker

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am a C/Java developer mostly writing code and maintaining existing code- My job duties mostly match NOC 2174 (Computer programmers and interactive media developers) , but my role given be my company is Software engineer.

I am just wondering if I should use NOC 2173 (Software engineers and designers) or NOC 2174 (Computer programmers and interactive media developers) on my EE profile? Pls advice.
either should be fine... but i would choose NOC which reflects the closest roles and responsibilities according the letter given by your company...

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I have obtained my PhD from a Canadian University and currently pursuing post doctoral research at UofT for the last 1.5 years. Previously, I obtained M.Tech and BE degrees from Indian Universities. I was wondering, whether I need to get my M.Tech and BE degrees ECA, given the fact my highest degree is issued from a Canadian University.

Thanks
i dont think ECA is required in your case since the highest degree was obtained in canada. just copy of degree should be fine

parul_grewal

Jul 9, 2017
(Indian citizen) have just received my Tier 4 visa for PhD in london and along with that my express entry points are now going upto 451 and I want to apply for the PR as well.

Query: Is it possible that my PR will be rejected on the basis that I already have 4 years UK Tier 4 VISA starting from September or is there a way to not get the rejection with that UK stamp on my passport?
What if I attach a Letter of intent for the same and what are the chances to get the PR in this case.

I am really confused. Please help.
Note: me and my spouse are applying together under Software Engineer profession.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
(Indian citizen) have just received my Tier 4 visa for PhD in london and along with that my express entry points are now going upto 451 and I want to apply for the PR as well.

Query: Is it possible that my PR will be rejected on the basis that I already have 4 years UK Tier 4 VISA starting from September or is there a way to not get the rejection with that UK stamp on my passport?
What if I attach a Letter of intent for the same and what are the chances to get the PR in this case.

I am really confused. Please help.
Note: me and my spouse are applying together under Software Engineer profession.
are you based in UK or in India ?

Well if i understood your case correctly, its like
Indian citizen - Working and /studying in India
Applied for UK visa for studies (PhD) successfully, Course starting in September. (But you are in India as of today)
CRS score on tool is 451 apprx

If this is the case, then nothing to worry about.

You can apply for PR either from UK or from India. If its UK then its fairly straightforward, if you are applying from India and moving to UK, then you need to raise a CSE saying you have moved to UK and xyz is your new address and contact information.

Good luck with everything

parul_grewal

Jul 9, 2017
Thank you so much for getting back.

Just one more query
:

I just wanted to know that UK VISA of 4 years does not be a reason for rejection stating that ' you already have a UK visa for four years and that too for PhD and the intent of your coming to Canada is vague'
Just an assumption. Is it that it might happen and this can be a cause of rejection?
Even despite we give them a letter of intent stating that "Canada PR is our priority and as soon as we get it we will move to Canada and gind a duitable university for PhD there itself".

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Parul Grewal

are you based in UK or in India ?

Well if i understood your case correctly, its like
Indian citizen - Working and /studying in India
Applied for UK visa for studies (PhD) successfully, Course starting in September. (But you are in India as of today)
CRS score on tool is 451 apprx

If this is the case, then nothing to worry about.

You can apply for PR either from UK or from India. If its UK then its fairly straightforward, if you are applying from India and moving to UK, then you need to raise a CSE saying you have moved to UK and xyz is your new address and contact information.

Good luck with everything

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much for getting back.

Just one more query
:

I just wanted to know that UK VISA of 4 years does not be a reason for rejection stating that ' you already have a UK visa for four years and that too for PhD and the intent of your coming to Canada is vague'
Just an assumption. Is it that it might happen and this can be a cause of rejection?
Even despite we give them a letter of intent stating that "Canada PR is our priority and as soon as we get it we will move to Canada and gind a duitable university for PhD there itself".

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Parul Grewal
i highly doubt that...
the cause for rejection you are talking about is more along the lines of visit visa than PR...

anyway you dont have to worry about it for now, you only need to submit your passport at later stages... pretty much after your entire application is approved.
plus you need to stay in canada for 2 years out of 4 (or 5, i cant remember correctly) to renew your PR, so even then you should be fine...

good luck

Reactions: parul_grewal

parul_grewal

Jul 9, 2017
i highly doubt that...
the cause for rejection you are talking about is more along the lines of visit visa than PR...

anyway you dont have to worry about it for now, you only need to submit your passport at later stages... pretty much after your entire application is approved.
plus you need to stay in canada for 2 years out of 4 (or 5, i cant remember correctly) to renew your PR, so even then you should be fine...

good luck
Great!! Thank you so much for the help. I really appreci

aspiringme

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Hi friends, I had created EE profile in 2015. That profile was expired in 2016 as I was not meeting the eligibility criteria. Now again I want to apply under the EE but am not able to modify that profile as all the fields show "transmitted". Is it possible to delete the old profile and prepare a new one using the same old GC key which was used in 2015? Is there an option to modify the exiting profile? Or should I generate a new GC key and submit my fresh profile now? What are the options available.

My another query is related to job experience. What documents are to be submitted to claim points for work experience and what stage do the immigration authorities inquire about the authenticity of the experience? Will they come in person at my place of work or do they just confirm about my experience from the reference I will be giving?
Kindly help.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends, I had created EE profile in 2015. That profile was expired in 2016 as I was not meeting the eligibility criteria. Now again I want to apply under the EE but am not able to modify that profile as all the fields show "transmitted". Is it possible to delete the old profile and prepare a new one using the same old GC key which was used in 2015? Is there an option to modify the exiting profile? Or should I generate a new GC key and submit my fresh profile now? What are the options available.

My another query is related to job experience. What documents are to be submitted to claim points for work experience and what stage do the immigration authorities inquire about the authenticity of the experience? Will they come in person at my place of work or do they just confirm about my experience from the reference I will be giving?
Kindly help.
Thanks in advance
just delete everything and create from scratch

you need to submit document which shows your job responsibilities on a company letter head, (stamped preferably) along with contact details of person issuing the letter.

they verify this information at a later stage - basically after you get ITA and you submit all documents electronically and pay EE fees.

they call and confirm, most times they dont even call. its extremely rare for anyone to visit physically (only seen 1 claim on forum so far)

aspiringme

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
just delete everything and create from scratch

you need to submit document which shows your job responsibilities on a company letter head, (stamped preferably) along with contact details of person issuing the letter.

they verify this information at a later stage - basically after you get ITA and you submit all documents electronically and pay EE fees.

they call and confirm, most times they dont even call. its extremely rare for anyone to visit physically (only seen 1 claim on forum so far)
Thanks for the reply...
I am not able to delete my old profile. Is there any link to do so? Is it required to delete the old profile or can I just build a new profile using the same old GC key?
I know it for sure that my organization will not be issuing any document specifying my job responsibilities. What are the alternatives if that is the case?

Thanks