+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

suazo

Apr 3, 2016
Hello everyone, I have a question. I received ITA on April draw with 429 points. My work experience is back in Nigeria. I worked for one year. My employer has provided me with a reference letter explaining all my duties and every thing necessary as per cic requirement. My question is I have no pay stubs. Because I was pain in cash monthly by my employer which is stated on the letter. Is theblettwr sufficient enough? I don't have any pay stubs. Thanks

akashbhalla89

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Hello Experts,

I just got my ITA and is confused about few things and need your expert advice :-

1.I am engaged and planning to get married soon what would be the best time to add my spouse ?
2. I have 4 years of experience but my very first company is not functional anymore, I have letters from them but no paystubs or anything from them.
So, what should i do though it doesnt make any impact on points in my application. Please revert....

gpsingh12

Star Member
Sep 1, 2016
Hello Guys,

I have to enter Family details in one of the section, My mother doesn't use any last name, but system isn't letting me through if LAST Name is blank. Does anyone know how to tackle this situation ?

Blowtouch

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Hello Guys,

It seems you can't edit spouse name once you create an express entry profile, you need to create a new one to do this?

Thanks in advance for your response

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Blowtouch said:
Hello Guys,

It seems you can't edit spouse name once you create an express entry profile, you need to create a new one to do this?

Thanks in advance for your response
Login to the profile and the you will see "Modify Family Information" button on the top. You can change it there.

candengg

Apr 24, 2017
Hello Friends

Need your help/advice/suggestion.

I hope that you will help me to clarify these doubts

1. In WES what is the Institution type for Mechanical engineer ?

2. I am a mechanical engineer but my job is sales engineer for heavy equipment, so my NOC is B?

3. I have done MBA through part time, I did in the year 2012 to 2014 but passed in 2015, so what years should in mentioned in the express entry page regarding the duration of MBA course.

Thank you all for your time. :)

Blowtouch

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Maverick28 said:
Login to the profile and the you will see "Modify Family Information" button on the top. You can change it there.
Many Thanks Maverick28, You are indeed a "Champion" Member, You solved such a technical issue in 5 mins, though it might seem basic to you. You saved me the torture and strain of withdrawing & Creating a new profile. Wish I could give you +10. Please accept +1 plus a hug ;D. Cheers

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
akashbhalla89 said:
Hello Experts,

I just got my ITA and is confused about few things and need your expert advice :-

1.I am engaged and planning to get married soon what would be the best time to add my spouse ?
2. I have 4 years of experience but my very first company is not functional anymore, I have letters from them but no paystubs or anything from them.
So, what should i do though it doesnt make any impact on points in my application. Please revert....
Hi,

1) The best time to GET MARRIED is after you submit your application and get AOR. If you do this your points your points will not be recalculated, but if you are married before AOR they will.
2) If this experience does not affect your points you can move it to personal history, where you will not need to upload any evidence. However, if it does, you can find a former colleague or supervisor who can write the letter for you (notarized) and upload it together with the letters you have.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
gpsingh12 said:
Hello Guys,

I have to enter Family details in one of the section, My mother doesn't use any last name, but system isn't letting me through if LAST Name is blank. Does anyone know how to tackle this situation ?

Have you tried entering N/A? It may let you continue if you enter it.

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
suazo said:
Hello everyone, I have a question. I received ITA on April draw with 429 points. My work experience is back in Nigeria. I worked for one year. My employer has provided me with a reference letter explaining all my duties and every thing necessary as per cic requirement. My question is I have no pay stubs. Because I was pain in cash monthly by my employer which is stated on the letter. Is theblettwr sufficient enough? I don't have any pay stubs. Thanks
Hi,

What you have is sufficient. Paystabs are not mandatory as the instruction says "if you have them."

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
gpsingh12 said:
Someone who has crossed this stage, kindly help me please.

I have received ITA, I have filled the PR profile but haven't submitted yet. I have few questions before I submit

I travelled outside my country in 2013 for 10 days, I want to know.. after we submit this profile -
1. Do we have to submit the proof of travel (I got new passport in 2016), so do I have to upload copy of old passport ?
2. Is there an option to update profile (like we had in Express entry profle) ?
Hi,

1) No proof of travel is required, so you do not need to submit your old passport. The instructions only request a valid travel document.
2) Yes, you can update your application as many times as you want until you submit.

All the best

baldev.asnanie

Dec 8, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
21-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2018
Med's Request
21-04-2018
Med's Done....
30-04-2018
Passport Req..
16-05-2018
Hi Seniors,

I submitted my documents against the ITA on 15th March, have been waiting ever since. I know it's been hardly over a month, but you'll understand how frustrating all this waiting could get :'( Have 2 queries:

1. Any idea on how much time CIC takes to process the applications after final submission?

2. Also, will they give the final answer altogether or update response for each section submitted separately?

3. In case of latter, how much time do they take to update the 1st section? ;D

Thanks in advance, you guys are always a great help. Cheers!

Regards,
Baldev

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
mariposaDADA said:
Hello

I am new to this forum and to forums in general :p
Here's a sum up of my story. My husband and I were interested in immigration to Canada particularly under the EE Federal Skilled WorkersProgram. We decided to go ahead with an immigration consultant in order to do things the correct way... We paid the guy 40% of his fees and prepared all the necessary documents for creating an EE Profile (WES ECA, IELTS, TEF). I was the principal applicant , I had no job offer and no provincial nominee ..., though we could get 500 which allowed us to get an ITA really quickly (One week after submitting the profile). The consultant sent us a list of the documents that he needed for our e-APR. We gave him all the items that he had asked us for... We submitted our e-APR in 31 January 2017 and he told us we should expect a response from CIC after 3 months. Yesterday (3 month after submitting the e-APR), we got a message from CIC stating that our application was refused for incompleteness :( We are so angry and disappointed :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:. the letter said that a certified official translated marriage certificate was missing. We gave this document to the consultant , but it wasn't in the application :( We decided to redo the whole process by ourselves this time, we recreated a profile and we are waiting for the next selection round to get an ITA. I just found out that our application missed a lot of other requirements such the reference letter containing all the details specified by CIC (roles and responsibilities, annual salary, number of hours per week), the POF also did not contain all the requirements specified ...
The consultant claimed having experience with this program which was clearly not the case...

Do you guys think we could do it correctly by ourselves? I am quite curious and I will follow exactly what is specified in the CIC page"Applications received on or after January 1, 2016, for permanent residence programs subject to the Express Entry completeness check"

Thank you a lot in advance
Hello and welcome to the forum,

I’m sorry about your experience. There are a lot of agents out there that are taking people’s money when they really know nothing about the PR application.

The truth is if you are willing to put in the time and effort, you can do it on your own as it is pretty straight forward. This forum is also available to help when you do everything correctly. The vast majorities of people here have done, or are doing it on their own. So you can definitely succeed without the consultant.

All the best.

gpsingh12

Star Member
Sep 1, 2016
TanakaM said:
Have you tried entering N/A? It should let you continue if you enter it.

regards
I came across this link on cic -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=014&top=4

Here it clearly mentions not to mention NA, It says - "Enter the complete name in Last Name and leave Given Name blank"
but still it doesn't let me proceed and ask for Given name if I do so :(

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
baldev.asnanie said:
Hi Seniors,

I submitted my documents against the ITA on 15th March, have been waiting ever since. I know it's been hardly over a month, but you'll understand how frustrating all this waiting could get :'( Have 2 queries:

1. Any idea on how much time CIC takes to process the applications after final submission?

2. Also, will they give the final answer altogether or update response for each section submitted separately?

3. In case of latter, how much time do they take to update the 1st section? ;D

Thanks in advance, you guys are always a great help. Cheers!

Regards,
Baldev
Hi,

The waiting game is not easy but there is not much you can do.

1) CIC aim to process 80% of applications within 6months. Of late, people have been receiving the PPR in around 3-4 months, however, each case is different.
2 and 3) CIC will update your profile in stages, however there is no fixed time. Check out https://myimmitracker.com/ where people update their profiles as they go through the process.

All the best.