+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
gpsingh12 said:
I came across this link on cic -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=014&top=4

Here it clearly mentions not to mention NA, It says - "Enter the complete name in Last Name and leave Given Name blank"
but still it doesn't let me proceed and ask for Given name if I do so :(
Oh ok. That's odd. If you don't get a solution here, you may need to contact CIC.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
mariposaDADA said:
Hello

I am new to this forum and to forums in general :p
Here's a sum up of my story. My husband and I were interested in immigration to Canada particularly under the EE Federal Skilled WorkersProgram. We decided to go ahead with an immigration consultant in order to do things the correct way... We paid the guy 40% of his fees and prepared all the necessary documents for creating an EE Profile (WES ECA, IELTS, TEF). I was the principal applicant , I had no job offer and no provincial nominee ..., though we could get 500 which allowed us to get an ITA really quickly (One week after submitting the profile). The consultant sent us a list of the documents that he needed for our e-APR. We gave him all the items that he had asked us for... We submitted our e-APR in 31 January 2017 and he told us we should expect a response from CIC after 3 months. Yesterday (3 month after submitting the e-APR), we got a message from CIC stating that our application was refused for incompleteness Sad We are so angry and disappointed Angry Angry Angry Angry. the letter said that a certified official translated marriage certificate was missing. We gave this document to the consultant , but it wasn't in the application Sad We decided to redo the whole process by ourselves this time, we recreated a profile and we are waiting for the next selection round to get an ITA. I just found out that our application missed a lot of other requirements such the reference letter containing all the details specified by CIC (roles and responsibilities, annual salary, number of hours per week), the POF also did not contain all the requirements specified ...
The consultant claimed having experience with this program which was clearly not the case...

Do you guys think we could do it correctly by ourselves? I am quite curious and I will follow exactly what is specified in the CIC page"Applications received on or after January 1, 2016, for permanent residence programs subject to the Express Entry completeness check"

Thank you a lot in advance
see my response above.

mariposaDADA

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
TanakaM said:
Hello and welcome to the forum,

I’m sorry about your experience. There are a lot of agents out there that are taking people’s money when they really know nothing about the PR application.

The truth is if you are willing to put in the time and effort, you can do it on your own as it is pretty straight forward. This forum is also available to help when you do everything correctly. The vast majorities of people here have done, or are doing it on their own. So you can definitely succeed without the consultant.

All the best.

Hello,

Thank's a lot for your reply. We will try to do things correctly by our own.
Next action we should do is to ask for new reference letters and a new PoF because the ones we submitted did not have all the information requested by CIC. The consultant did not told us about it :(
We will get new police certificates because the ones we submitted in our refused e-APR expired in 31 of March ...
The other items are still valid I guess... Right?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
hassankhaliddar said:
Hello Every one. I need some guidance from you ppl regarding filling of education section in Express Entry profile. While incorporating High School/Seconday School information what period i have to select for "Complete/ full tenor of studies" is it 12 years or 2 years? because in Pakistan high school like FSC/intermediate is of 2 years after Matriculation but for getting the certificate we have to go through total of 12 years of education i.e from class 1 to 12 (intermediate). Kindly guide what should i write there?

Just 2 years or 12 years?
Which program are you applying under? If it is FSWP you do not need enter secondary school details. Otherwise, enter the total number of year you were in secondary school.

rthoguluva

Jul 16, 2015
All - How do I get good score in IELTS? I know that IELTS is really very essential & very much helpful for future also once we get on to any country for deputation from office or permanently by applying VISA on our own. I am trying both options also in parallel.
But I need few tips to learn IELTS and to score a good marks. I made time table on my own and started exercise to improve my English skills.
i.e., I am learning
1. Grammer (studying first 35 chapters in Raymond Murphy is enough to get basic skills and I've completed 17 till now)
2. reading novels (to increase vocabulary and I am making note of new words if I see any from the novels and recollecting daily)

It looks like time consuming factor. I am doing this for a month and I've booked my IELTS exam on June first week.

Can you please suggest any idea to score good marks?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
mariposaDADA said:
Hello,

Thank's a lot for your reply. We will try to do things correctly by our own.
Next action we should do is to ask for new reference letters and a new PoF because the ones we submitted did not have all the information requested by CIC. The consultant did not told us about it :(
We will get new police certificates because the ones we submitted in our refused e-APR expired in 31 of March ...
The other items are still valid I guess... Right?
Good plan.

If you are referring to WES and IELTS, they are valid for 5 and 2 years respectively. Medicals are valid for 12 months, so you can reuse them if they are still valid. CIC may ask you to redo them if necessary.

All the best.

mariposaDADA

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
TanakaM said:
Good plan.

If you are referring to WES and IELTS, they are valid for 5 and 2 years respectively. Medicals are valid for 12 months, so you can reuse them if they are still valid. CIC may ask you to redo them if necessary.

All the best.
Thanks a lot for your support.
The documents that are still valid are:
- Medical examination (we did it in 30 Januay 2017)
- IELTS : November 2016
- TEF: November 2016
- WES ECA Report : December 2016
- Passeport (Valid till January 2022)
- Diplomas
- Birth Certificates
- Photos

One thing really confusing for me is teh reason our e-APR was rejected in the first place!! CIC said we did not submit an official translated certified certificate of marriage. Our original mariage certificate is not in english nor french, we transleted it into French by a certified translater in our country.
What were we supposed to provide CIC with under this requirement? Please note that we have no visibility on what was loaded by our consultant ?
We want to make sure we won't do the same problem again.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
rthoguluva said:
All - How do I get good score in IELTS? I know that IELTS is really very essential & very much helpful for future also once we get on to any country for deputation from office and permanently. But I need few tips to learn IELTS and to score a good marks. I made time table on my own and started doing that to improve my English skills.
i.e., I am learning
1. Grammer (studying first 35 chapters in Raymond Murphy is enough to get basic skills and I've completed 17 till now)
2. reading novels (to increase vocabulary and I am making note of new words if I see any from the novels and recollecting daily)

It looks like time consuming factor. I am doing this for a month and I've booked my IELTS exam on June first week.

Can you please suggest any idea to score good marks?
Hi,

What you are doing now is helpful for your general English ability, but you really need to focus on understanding the IELTS testing systems and the specific techniques required in each module.

Visit ieltsliz.com and engvid.com , these are 2 of the best IELTS preparation sites with lots of helpful tips.

If you provide your email add, I can also share a book i found to be useful.

It is indeed time consuming but the only way to get the desired high bands is to be dedicated and practice a lot.

All the best.

luckyx27

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
TanakaM said:
Hi,

What you are doing now is helpful for your general English ability, but you really need to focus on understanding the IELTS testing systems and the specific techniques required in each module.

Visit ieltsliz.com and engvid.com , these are 2 of the best IELTS preparation sites with lots of helpful tips.

It is indeed time consuming but the only way to get the desired high bands is to be dedicated and practice a lot.

All the best.
Can you please share the email link of book to me as well imran321@live.com

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
mariposaDADA said:
Thanks a lot for your support.
The documents that are still valid are:
- Medical examination (we did it in 30 Januay 2017)
- IELTS : November 2016
- TEF: November 2016
- WES ECA Report : December 2016
- Passeport (Valid till January 2022)
- Diplomas
- Birth Certificates
- Photos

One thing really confusing for me is teh reason our e-APR was rejected in the first place!! CIC said we did not submit an official translated certified certificate of marriage. Our original mariage certificate is not in english nor french, we transleted it into French by a certified translater in our country.
What were we supposed to provide CIC with under this requirement? Please note that we have no visibility on what was loaded by our consultant ?
We want to make sure we won't do the same problem again.

Your documents seem fine to me. Since you do not know what was submitted by your consultant, you can assume that this was omitted, as you seem to satisfy the requirement. Just start from scratch, you will be fine.

You can also order GCMS notes for more details on how your case was handled.

rthoguluva

Jul 16, 2015
TanakaM said:
Hi,

All the best.
TanakaM said:
Hi,

All the best.
Thanks a lot for your reply. Here you go for my email address
thoguluva.ramprabu@gmail.com

Please send me all materials and I am ready and happy to spend time for improving my English eligibility. I've posted to ensure that my time table should not be a treacherous.

mariposaDADA

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
TanakaM said:
Your documents seem fine to me. Since you do not know what was submitted by your consultant, you can assume that this was omitted, as you seem to satisfy the requirement. Just start from scratch, you will be fine.

You can also order GCMS notes for more details on how your case was handled.
How can we order this GCMS notes for our case? I have never heard of it

Thank you

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
luckyx27 said:
Can you please share the email link of book to me as well imran321@live.com