+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

tusharc

Apr 16, 2017
Hey Guys,

I am new to this site. Great information, great discussions. I have 3 doubts if someone can help me with.
I got an ITA and am filling the online application.

1. In the travel history section, it says to mention travels other than country of origin and residence. I am from India but I have been living in USA from past 5 years. During this period, I have gone back and forth between these 2 countries many times. Do I have to mention all that in travel history?

2. There comes a section where it says to mention any other immediate family members that are not mentioned in the application. (Immediate family members being spouse, parents, siblings). It says to mention them even if they are not accompanying you. I am applying as the Primary Applicant and my wife is the Secondary Applicant in this application. Do I have to mention my spouse again here apart from my parents?

3. In the Education section, it asks you about all the degrees and diplomas you have received and whether you have an ECA if you have not pursued these degrees in Canada. I have a Masters from USA for which I have an ECA done. I have a Bachelors from India. Do I have to get an ECA done for that too? (considering i have an ECA of a higher degree)

Thanks in Advance

Hassanawan1985

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luckyx27 said:
Hi All,

Posting it 2nd time and Just wondering if someone can answer.

Would be grateful for a prompt response.

I have the same reference letter of my as described in the cic website. I have working experience of two years in the UK, however I did this work on study visa during my MBA in UK where I was legally allowed to work 20 Hours per week but I was working more than 30 hours per week and it is mentioned on my reference letter as well along with the other details. Can this create a problem for me?. Will the visa officers be checking or asking about my visa status or visa proof for Uk. Please advice whether to include this experience or not.

Anyway I have one year working experience in my current job to qualify for EE profile. My IELTS score is L: 8, R :7 W: 7, S: 7.5 and my age is 29.

Thanks in advance
if you are getting the required points excluding above experience than why go for risk ? play safe.

Hassanawan1985

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can any one please share POF format ?
How they determine dates ? e.g from the day backward 6 months we file EE or from the backward we receive IAT ? If we show POF via sale of property then what supporting documents are necessary ? sale deed or what ?

Below month ends balances are enough to satisfy visa officer ?

Month End Bal(PKR) CAD
1 576,947 7,211.84
2 691,595 8,644.94
3 921,595 11,519.94
4 926,595 11,582.44
5 971,595 12,144.94
6 1,021,595 12,769.94

koolbnda

May 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,
Currently I am working in canada on Post grad work permit (PGWP) since last 1 year(1700 hours) . My job lies in NOC category "B".
My job is LMIA exempt.
May I know how can I claim 50 additional points in EE.

Please help.

Dubai to Canada

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Dubai
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2016
Doc's Request.
12-04-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Dubai to Canada said:
Immediate family member? Should i include my sister (she is in other country) mom n dad even if they are not coming with me?
Any1 please help .. :-\

adi9771

Aug 4, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
14-02-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-03-2013.
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2013.
LANDED..........
21-04-2013
can anyone help??

can PGWP holder working in canada is eligible to get 50 points??

Plase respond.

Dubai to Canada

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Dubai
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2016
Doc's Request.
12-04-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
tusharc said:
Yes, you have to mention siblings, spouse, parents (immediate family members) even if they are not coming with you.
Thanks buddy
Also i have masters degree for which i havent got point as my eca said from non recognized university .. so shud i put it in personal history and education history? In education history shud i mention eca yes?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
luckyx27 said:
Hi All,

I have the same reference letter of my as described in the cic website. I have working experience of two years in the UK, however I did this work on study visa during my MBA in UK where I was legally allowed to work 20 Hours per week but I was working more than 30 hours per week and it is mentioned on my reference letter as well along with the other details. Can this create a problem for me?. Will the visa officers be checking or asking about my visa status or visa proof for Uk. Please advice whether to include this experience or not.

Anyway I have one year working experience in my current job to qualify for EE profile. My IELTS score is L: 8, R :7 W: 7, S: 7.5 and my age is 29.

Thanks in advance
Well, working while being a full-time student in Canada doesn't count. If it was in another country, then it might be okay - You might not have issues with this.

Leela1977

Apr 14, 2017
chiron said:
If you can manage to get a letter of reference from your old company then problem solved. However, I am sure if you submit a LOE regarding why you cannot furnish a letter of reference along with the documents you mentioned, it should be fine.
Thanks Chiron

+1

PetCoke

Mar 14, 2017
Hi all,

Just a simple question. My common-law and I are applying soon. I am the applicant (as I have a masters degree), and she is the accompanying person.
Is it ok to provide bank statements in my partner's name instead of mine?. Or will that be a problem??
Thank you!!

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
PetCoke said:
Hi all,

Just a simple question. My common-law and I are applying soon. I am the applicant (as I have a masters degree), and she is the accompanying person.
Is it ok to provide bank statements in my partner's name instead of mine?. Or will that be a problem??
Thank you!!
Hi,

This will not be a problem. She will just need to sign a notarized affidavit giving her full consent to the use of the funds for immigration purposes.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
rajkamalmohanram said:
Well, working while being a full-time student in Canada doesn't count. If it was in another country, then it might be okay - You might not have issues with this.
luckyx27 said:
Hi All,

Thanks in advance
I agree with Raj, however, the only possible problem I see with this is that it is illegal experience since you were on a student visa. This will be picked up if you complete a schedule A form, otherwise your status in the UK is not asked for in the application.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Dubai to Canada said:
Thanks buddy
Also i have masters degree for which i havent got point as my eca said from non recognized university .. so shud i put it in personal history and education history? In education history shud i mention eca yes?
Hi,

Leave it out of Education history completely and put it in Personal history only.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hassanawan1985 said:
Can any one please share POF format ?
How they determine dates ? e.g from the day backward 6 months we file EE or from the backward we receive IAT ? If we show POF via sale of property then what supporting documents are necessary ? sale deed or what ?

Below month ends balances are enough to satisfy visa officer ?

Month End Bal(PKR) CAD
1 576,947 7,211.84
2 691,595 8,644.94
3 921,595 11,519.94
4 926,595 11,582.44
5 971,595 12,144.94
6 1,021,595 12,769.94
Hi,

1) It's actually 6 months backwards from the day you submit your PR application.
2) Proof of ownership, sale deed, agreement of sale, proof of transaction (plus any other) will do.
3) Since you are showing the disposal of an asset as your source of funds the difference between your average and current balance will not matter, therefore this should do.

All the best