+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Balangb

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
Have you waited 24 hrs?
Sorry I don't have any idea by what time ITA issued to candidates. I just saw the website now and found there was a draw on Mar 1st....

GodLuck

Nov 22, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I got a question on the required document for police certificate. In my document checklist it is written "Police Certificate (Multiple)", however I have been to only one country for over six month. I double checked my travel history and I wonder if this is normal to that it has stated "multiple" or there is sth wrong.

Regards,

Jan 17, 2017
Hi all, does anyone have the template in which we need to get details from current and previous employer which is to be submitted post ITA?

Thanks in advance for your kind help!

CanGuy03

Dec 6, 2016
Folks, this is a question regarding my ECA which I got done through WES Canada : while my bachelors in engineering was approved to be equivalent to an engineering degree from Canada, my MBA from a very renowned institute in India (one of the Top5 in India) was not recognized mentioning that they do not recognize the institute. I took this with them later for a re-val and they came back without a change in their decision.

Now, my CRS score is very low in the range of 350 due to my age and I see that it will bumped by 40 points if my masters can be recognized. Any advice?

If I should send my masters degree to a different entity to approve, do I then necessarily need to get my bachelors degree also to be approved by this different entity or can I submit my ECA with two degrees (bachelors and masters) assessed by two entities?

Thanks

sidhu7955

Feb 22, 2017
hi my score was 424 and i wrote ielts exam again and now my score is 444 i update it on 28 feb and my score was still showing 424. my friend said it will take 24 hrs to update. now today draw was at 434 and my score is still 424 its not updated yet. and i did not get ITA. please advise what should i do.

resu

Oct 10, 2016
Toronto, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15 - 02 - 2017
sidhu7955 said:
hi my score was 424 and i wrote ielts exam again and now my score is 444 i update it on 28 feb and my score was still showing 424. my friend said it will take 24 hrs to update. now today draw was at 434 and my score is still 424 its not updated yet. and i did not get ITA. please advise what should i do.
Just wait ... If you updated on 28th (of canada )you should be in the draw... If it gets updated before tey send invitations. Some dot in that way

reena_eg

Mar 1, 2017
HI,

I am a co-applicant with my husband in Canadian experience class. I am a contractor working as a s/w developer. I have my own company. My company has a contract with a third-party company who pays me based on invoice. I work 40 hours a week so am a full time.
My questions:

1) What should my role be entered as 1) Contractor 2) Self Employed 3) s/w developer
2) Who should my employer be entered as 1)My contracting company 2) The third party who pays my company.

Please help clarify!! Thanks in advance

Pratikkumar

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
11-03-2017
AOR Received.
04-0502017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
10-09-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Passport Req..
30-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-12-2017
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
reena_eg said:
HI,

I am a co-applicant with my husband in Canadian experience class. I am a contractor working as a s/w developer. I have my own company. My company has a contract with a third-party company who pays me based on invoice. I work 40 hours a week so am a full time.
My questions:

1) What should my role be entered as 1) Contractor 2) Self Employed 3) s/w developer
2) Who should my employer be entered as 1)My contracting company 2) The third party who pays my company.

Please help clarify!! Thanks in advance
I believe you should be Self employed with your own Company.

advsurekha

Dec 17, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Congratulations to all who got the ITAs.

My CRS is 437 NOC 4112. I got the ITA on 1st March. Can anyone in this group let me know where can I find a guide in the CIC website to fill the ITA?

Thanks,

Surekha

Reactions: Ismail said

Slim2ba

Jul 28, 2015
PLEASE HELP!!

I created my profile overnight and and my review of minimum criteria is still in progress since then. Has anyone had this issue in the past and how was it resolved? I'm sorry i'm posting this in this joyous topic but since y'all have ITAs / are awaiting, i believe you'll all be in a better position to advise.

PS: I had initially created a profile a while ago and for that, review of minimum criteria was met in less than 3 minutes i but i withdrew the application due to some mistakes in the form.

Can this delay be as a result of that??

Here's a breakdown of my status:

Application/profile status.....Pending Additional Criteria
Province/Territory Nomination....No nomination at this time
Job Bank Registration...Not applicable
Review of Minimum Entry Criteria...In Progress
ITA Status..Not Applicable

CanGuy03

Dec 6, 2016
For my MBA (given as Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration in all major Indian B Schools including IIMs), WES evaluated it as:

"Three years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized
institution"

Now, when I fill in the CRS calculator, can I take factor along with my bachelors (4yrs and WES recognized) under:

"Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be a program of three or more years"

OR, will I need to totally junk the PGDBM and just take my 4 year bachelors in the calculation?

Thanks
A

Mar 15, 2016
hi experts,

Got ITA on 1 march 2017 as my CRS is 435 which is suppose to be in April 2017 as my work exp is from 3rd April 2014 to till date. Now i am in confusion that how IRCC Calculate my 2 years 11 months experience into 3 years??? anyone here with same situation?
What should i do? shall i accept the ITA or decline it and wait till april 2017?
Note: I crossed check all the information related to my profile multiple time i.e. Work Experience, Age, IELTS Score etc.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Minx

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
advsurekha said:
Hi Everyone,

Congratulations to all who got the ITAs.

My CRS is 437 NOC 4112. I got the ITA on 1st March. Can anyone in this group let me know where can I find a guide in the CIC website to fill the ITA?

Thanks,

Surekha

Congrats to all and Surekha. Im still in SHOCK as I just submitted my application the day after I received my education assessment from CES on Jan 19th. Today I received the ITA with a CRS of 437. While I am happy I thought this would take at least 6 to 8 months so I am now scrambling for time.

I have 2 questions to ask please.

1) Police Certificate - I stayed in the United Kingdom for 1 year i.e for my Masters education. This CIC website explains how to go about obtaining the certificate from the UK. The UK police website makes no mention of students tho? Given I obtained a student visa and was in the UK lawfully with no extended stay and breaches, will I still be required to obtain a certificate.

2) Given I anticipated the ITA taking between 6 to 8 months to apply, and anticipating some investment funds coming in, I put down bringing $35,000 to Canada. I have checked however on the CIC website and it say a single person is required to possess $12,300 in funds to show as proof. Will I be in breach of my application as I dont have the $35,000 currently? I have some investments that I do not want to liquidate yet and
some savings but after conversion it may not reach $12,300. I am also informed that you need to have these funds from the time you apply right up until you have an interview with the visa officer? IS there an interview for proof of funds? This is my main concern as I do not want the gov to think I applied fraudulently.

Many thanks for your help all.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Minx said:
Congrats to all and Surekha. Im still in SHOCK as I just submitted my application the day after I received my education assessment from CES on Jan 19th. Today I received the ITA with a CRS of 437. While I am happy I thought this would take at least 6 to 8 months so I am now scrambling for time.

I have 2 questions to ask please.

1) Police Certificate - I stayed in the United Kingdom for 1 year i.e for my Masters education. This CIC website explains how to go about obtaining the certificate from the UK. The UK police website makes no mention of students tho? Given I obtained a student visa and was in the UK lawfully with no extended stay and breaches, will I still be required to obtain a certificate.

2) Given I anticipated the ITA taking between 6 to 8 months to apply, and anticipating some investment funds coming in, I put down bringing $35,000 to Canada. I have checked however on the CIC website and it say a single person is required to possess $12,300 in funds to show as proof. Will I be in breach of my application as I dont have the $35,000 currently? I have some investments that I do not want to liquidate yet and
some savings but after conversion it may not reach $12,300. I am also informed that you need to have these funds from the time you apply right up until you have an interview with the visa officer? IS there an interview for proof of funds? This is my main concern as I do not want the gov to think I applied fraudulently.

Many thanks for your help all.
Hi,

1) You definitely need UK Police clearance. The instructions state that you need a PCC from all countries you have stayed in for more than 6 months since the age of 18. I also studied in the UK. Its a must. Visit this site https://www.acro.police.uk/

2) You need to have the minimum amount required. Anything less will lead to a rejection. It is also advisable to have the funds throughout the process as CIC can ask for an updated POF at any time.

Minx

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
TanakaM said:
Hi,

1) You definitely need UK Police clearance. The instructions state that you need a PCC from all countries you have stayed in for more than 6 months since the age of 18. I also studied in the UK. Its a must. Visit this site

2) You need to have the minimum amount required. Anything less will lead to a rejection. It is also advisable to have the funds throughout the process as CIC can ask for an updated POF at any time.
Thanks TanakaM - I figured Q1 was a must but wanted to be sure. Yes I saw the website thanks, ironically it may take LONGER for a police cert in my home country vs the UK.
About Q2 - noted thanks. To clarify when you mean throughout the process.... Do you mean have the funds in the bank just before I submit my application or immediately liquidate my assets now (March) and transfer the cash OR when I officially submit my application, 30 - 60 days down the line? So the transfer is April/May

Thanks v much.