+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

khanengr

Nov 22, 2016
helo,
Could someone please help me clear my confusion , I have a 3 year diploma and bachelores engineering degree.

Will i be able to select "2 or more diploma,degree , out of which one is atleast a 3 year or more program" while filling out express entry profile.

I did diploma of 3 years after tenth and then engineering.

Please help.

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
omar_ahmed21 said:
Hi All, :)

I'm trying to update my application in express entry profile/ education section. I have answered all the new questions regards the new Canadian education etc.. I clicked "Save & add" but it didn't take me to sign electronically to retransmit my update!!!! :'( instead it took me to Save & exit to the main page without my file being transmitted..

Your help is greatly appreciated..

Thanks,
Omar
i think there is another button with Continue and click that and it should take you to the sign electronically page. I also faced this. Hope it helps

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
khanengr said:
helo,
Could someone please help me clear my confusion , I have a 3 year diploma and bachelores engineering degree.

Will i be able to select "2 or more diploma,degree , out of which one is atleast a 3 year or more program" while filling out express entry profile.

I did diploma of 3 years after tenth and then engineering.

Please help.
I think in the latest form it only allows you to select Bachelors with 3 years experience.

omar_ahmed21

Nov 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adrlim said:
i think there is another button with Continue and click that and it should take you to the sign electronically page. I also faced this. Hope it helps
This is not my first time to updated my profile, usually it takes me to sign electronically page. I don't know if I have missed anything which not allowing me to retransmitted my update. When I click "Continue" that's when they ask you " ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO EXIT"

:'( :'( :'( Thanks,

Omar

gill.jas2611

Nov 22, 2016
Hi All,

need some suggestion.

Me & my husbandare currently on open work permit.
we can a child who is Canadian Citizen.

Our work permit is expiring in 3 months. can we extend it on basis of our child as he is a canadian citizen?
we have 5 months left to apply for express entry as my husband is working full time & has finished 7 months with his employer.
we just looking to get extension so we can apply for PR.
So is it possible to extend our work permit on basis of our child.

Your replies are appreciated.
Thanks
Jas Gill

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
gill.jas2611 said:
Hi All,

need some suggestion.

Me & my husbandare currently on open work permit.
we can a child who is Canadian Citizen.

Our work permit is expiring in 3 months. can we extend it on basis of our child as he is a canadian citizen?
we have 5 months left to apply for express entry as my husband is working full time & has finished 7 months with his employer.
we just looking to get extension so we can apply for PR.
So is it possible to extend our work permit on basis of our child.

Your replies are appreciated.
Thanks
Jas Gill
Nope. If you want to extend your work permits - you have to qualify for the extension on your own. No benefits from having a Canadian citizen child.

teenzky

Star Member
Oct 29, 2016
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
01-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2019
abid91 said:
Hi guys,

Can you please help me with the NOC code for my Job profile.
My designation is Repair Administrative Representative. And below are my duties:
1. Providing information to internal and external customers in the form of statistical data, repairs fulfilled and any information relating to the customer relations process.
2. Day to day repair order issuance, customer/dealer relations management and vendor management.
3. Providing exceptional customer service to internal and external customers via phone.
4. Data entry - create and manage repair orders in support of the service administration group to ensure that requirements and deadlines for each repair are met.
5. Accounting duties - performing daily cash balancing, collection of unpaid, dunning letters, account credit and reconciliations, etc.
6. Assist accounting with repair order invoicing discrepancies.
7.Other administrative or clerical duties as assigned by Customer Relations Supervisor. Such as department maintenance, public memo, e-survey pulling, filing, etc.

Please suggest.
Thanks in advance!

Hi abid91,

You can directly email NC-NOC-CNP-GD2@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca to get your NOC code

Include the following info:
- the exact job title;
- a detailed description of the main duties;
- the education and work experience required by the employer for entry into the occupation; and
- the type of establishment in which the work is performed.

abid91

Aug 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Dec 2015
Nomination.....
29th Sept 2016
AOR Received.
13th Oct 2016
Passport Req..
awaiting
teenzky said:
Hi abid91,

You can directly email NC-NOC-CNP-GD2@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca to get your NOC code

Include the following info:
- the exact job title;
- a detailed description of the main duties;
- the education and work experience required by the employer for entry into the occupation; and
- the type of establishment in which the work is performed.
Thank you teenzky!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Sid240 said:
Can I also apply under Express Entry although I had already applied through the paper application under BCPNP on 17 Nov 2016. I think EE would be fast and easy rather waiting 16 Months.
From what I have read on this forum lately, you can have 2 simultaneously but not in the same class.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-you-have-multiple-pr-applications-in-t169787.0.html;msg2655241#msg2655241

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/profiles/jes_ON-u24070.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/multiple-pr-applications-t385350.0.html;msg4813712#msg4813712

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/multiple-pr-applications-is-it-possible-t123348.0.html;msg1853985#msg1853985

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Binette said:
Hello all,

Today, i logged into my express entry account and couldn't find my recent eligible profile !!!! has this happened to anyone help. My profile was eligible and ontario sent me PT a week ago and suddenly all my application are gone.
That's not possible. Might be a temporary technical glitch. If you don't see your application again, you can write to the IRCC technical team.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
checkmimails@gmail.com said:
Hello, I made an update to my express entry profile and when I checked now, the Application/profile status is "Open". Below is a snapshot of what I am seeing currently.

Where is this application? Details
Application/profile status Open
Province/Territory Nomination No nomination at this time
Job Bank Registration Accepted
Review of Minimum Entry Criteria Met
ITA Status No invitation at this time

I somehow recall that before submitting the update the status was "Active". Have I missed a step due to which the profile is in open status or is it just me thinking that it needs to be active although there is no such status as Active.

Thanks in advance.
This is how it should be. Good luck!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
mandar said:
Hi All,

I need some suggestion regarding new rules for Express entry.

My spouse has PGWP and I am on open work permit depending on her. I am working as a fast food outlet manager (NOC 0; 6031) for last 9 months. After completing 1 year my skilled job experience in Canada will be 1 Year. And In last 10 years I have worked 1 year 8 months as food and beverage Supervisor which is skilled job in NOC B (6311).

So in skilled job experience in last 10 years Can I include Canada experience or just skilled experience out side Canada?

I believe you can count the work experience gained in Canada and outside Canada.

If I get Job offer from the same employer will I need LMIA or am I exempt, according to new rules?

You only get points for valid job offer and valid job offer is defined as follows -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-11-19.asp

The points you can get for a job offer has changed.

you can earn a total of 50 points if you have a valid job offer in a NOC 0, A or B occupation
you can earn a total of 200 points if you have a valid job offer in a NOC 00 occupation.

A job offer now only need to be for a minimum of one year from the time you become a permanent resident.

An LMIA will no longer be needed for certain qualifying job offers to receive CRS points as well as points for arranged employment under the Federal Skilled Worker Class. Many people in Canada on an LMIA exempt work permit will be able to carry that LMIA exemption under Express Entry, including those:

here under the North America Free Trade Agreement
here under a federal-provincial agreement
here under Mobilité Francophone or
are an intra-company transferee
as long as they meet certain criteria, such as at least one year of work experience from the same employer who is providing their job offer.

Please reply if someone understood new rules.

Thanks
Check this to see what exactly falls under LMIA Exempt ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/exempt.asp

In most cases, your employer needs a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to support your job offer. Some jobs are exempt from needing an LMIA.

For Express Entry, your employer doesn’t need an LMIA if you:

have been working full-time for the employer on your work permit for at least one year (or an equal amount of part-time work)
have a valid job offer, and
have a valid work permit that is exempt from an LMIA under
an international agreement
a federal-provincial agreement or
the “Canadian interests” category

Note: For skilled trade jobs, up to two employers can make a job offer. You must work for both those employers
BUT, check this - www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

obs exempt from needing an LMIA

There are only two reasons the employer making you the offer does not need to get a new LMIA:

if you are already working for them with a work permit based on that LMIA
if you work in a job that does not need an LMIA.

Find out more about jobs that are exempt.

If your work permit has expired, if you are working on an open work permit, or have a job offer from an employer not listed on your work permit, your employer must get a new LMIA.
In the light of this information, you might NOT be eligible to claim points for that job. If you are on a OWP, your employer needs a new LMIA.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kamyab164 said:
Hi all,

I am a little bit confused. I am working in Canada on the open work permit for more than a year. I got a full-time permanent job offer recently, from my employer(noc A,Without LMIA). Can I get the 50 point in EE?

Thanks
Check this - www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

Jobs exempt from needing an LMIA

There are only two reasons the employer making you the offer does not need to get a new LMIA:

if you are already working for them with a work permit based on that LMIA
if you work in a job that does not need an LMIA.

Find out more about jobs that are exempt.

If your work permit has expired, if you are working on an open work permit, or have a job offer from an employer not listed on your work permit, your employer must get a new LMIA.
In the light of this information, you might NOT be eligible to claim points for that job. If you are on a OWP, your employer needs a new LMIA.