+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

re_ionut

Apr 22, 2016
Hi guys,
Please advise me about NOC code. My profile is related to PLC maintenance and programming, Industrial Automation.
Till now I didn’t see a clear response on different forums. The NOC received from noc@workingincanada.gc.ca is very general, I don’t find any certain responsability in it, which can be match with mines. Their answer is : NOC code may be appropriate for the 2173 Software engineers and designers. Is there someone with the same profile like me? which knows exactly the NOC for this profile. Thanks!

_Aspirant

Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
re_ionut said:
Hi guys,
Please advise me about NOC code. My profile is related to PLC maintenance and programming, Industrial Automation.
Till now I didn’t see a clear response on different forums. The NOC received from noc@workingincanada.gc.ca is very general, I don’t find any certain responsability in it, which can be match with mines. Their answer is : NOC code may be appropriate for the 2173 Software engineers and designers. Is there someone with the same profile like me? which knows exactly the NOC for this profile. Thanks!
I got a reply from CIC about my enquiry for the same profession and they suggested NOC 2133. I am a Robotics and Automation Engineer and responsible to program Robots, PLCs, Simulations and Advanced Control Systems.

I hope this may help you.

Shehzaib

Sep 15, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SINP-21-July-2016
Doc's Request.
ITA: 07-September-2016
Nomination.....
24-August-2016
AOR Received.
19-October-2016
IELTS Request
21-May-2016
File Transfer...
21-May-2016
Med's Done....
26-September-2016-- Passed: 21-October-2016
Passport Req..
01-Mar-2017
Hi,

I have submitted my eAPR on 19th OCt 16 at 12.43PM and instantly got confirmation mail about AOR. Today 20th Oct 16 at 12.43PM I got another mail saying my profile has been updated. However, I did not found any change or message in my profile. Wht is actually updated, can any one give me some idea?

Thanks

re_ionut

Apr 22, 2016
_Aspirant said:
I got a reply from CIC about my enquiry for the same profession and they suggested NOC 2133. I am a Robotics and Automation Engineer and responsible to program Robots, PLCs, Simulations and Advanced Control Systems.

I hope this may help you.
Thanks _Aspirant, but the issue is that I'm in charge only with the automation part, I don't have in charge electrical devices.Your NOC 2133 refers to electrical and electronic equipment and systems. My job description involves only automated equipment which contain an aplication in it. Did you go further with this NOC? If yes, can you send me your responsibilities and job title to compare with mines?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shehzaib said:
Hi,

I have submitted my eAPR on 19th OCt 16 at 12.43PM and instantly got confirmation mail about AOR. Today 20th Oct 16 at 12.43PM I got another mail saying my profile has been updated. However, I did not found any change or message in my profile. Wht is actually updated, can any one give me some idea?

Thanks
It's very common to receive this message when no change has been made to your profile.

jtoc

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
istari said:
She needs to use the name on her passport. Her ECA report will contain her name as it appears on her degree, with her current name in brackets.
Istari,

I read somewhere that namechange candidates needs to provide an affidavit (along with other documents) to be sent to WES. Is that so? Secondly, at the time of providing documents post ITA, would passport copy (that mentions Spouse name) and perhaps an affidavit suffice in absence of a marriage certificate? Thanks in advance. :)

_Aspirant

Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
re_ionut said:
Thanks _Aspirant, but the issue is that I'm in charge only with the automation part, I don't have in charge electrical devices.Your NOC 2133 refers to electrical and electronic equipment and systems. My job description involves only automated equipment which contain an aplication in it. Did you go further with this NOC? If yes, can you send me your responsibilities and job title to compare with mines?
Sorry mate, I have created my EE profile and waiting for ITA in case the score goes low. I think you should better write to them in details about your complete work nature. I had to write them 3-4 times with all my educational and professional details.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jtoc said:
Istari,

I read somewhere that namechange candidates needs to provide an affidavit (along with other documents) to be sent to WES. Is that so? Secondly, at the time of providing documents post ITA, would passport copy (that mentions Spouse name) and perhaps an affidavit suffice in absence of a marriage certificate? Thanks in advance. :)
I'm not sure.

I've not heard anything about WES requiring an affidavit, and I can't find anything in their FAQ. You could always contact WES and ask.

For proving that your spouse has a different name, a copy of the passport may suffice. But I don't think that will be enough to prove that you're married.

jtoc

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
istari said:
I'm not sure.

I've not heard anything about WES requiring an affidavit, and I can't find anything in their FAQ. You could always contact WES and ask.

For proving that your spouse has a different name, a copy of the passport may suffice. But I don't think that will be enough to prove that you're married.
Thanks! Shall contact them as suggested. Request your advice on my earlier post please. pasting again for ready reference:

I have over 10 years of work experience, 7 of which in my present company. Request guidance on the following:

1. Would getting a letter (from present company) signed by one of the superiors suffice? OR do I need to get the same notarized as well? (since not issued by company HR).

2. How much experience should I show in EE profile - 7 years or 10?? I cannot arrange the employer letters for previous companies, although I have the appointment letters with me.

Thanks in advance. Cheers

abhishekasu

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Hello Guys,

Need suggestion/opinion from the group.

I took my IELTS and my scores are: Speaking-8, Reading-8, Listening-8.5, and Writing-6.5, which is CLB-10 level in Speaking, reading and listening and CLB-8 level in writing. If I had 7 in writing, it will be in CLB 9 level. And I feel I did not get good score because of my bad hand writing.

My total CRS points right now without my wife's IELTS score and ECA points is 349. Once I get my spouse points, I will have about 369 points considering 8 for education and 12 for language.

My question is: would it be worth taking IELTS again - as I missed out CLB9 level in writing because of 0.5 points and if I get that, I can get 50 additional points in Skill Transferablity factor as I would be CLB-9 or more in all category.
If I do this, I would reach a total point of 426 (+50 for skill adaptability, +7 on language and +20 (approximately) for Spouse Language and education).

Now, based on the trend so far, this 426 CRS points would not be enough for getting ITA as traditionally it has never gone below 450.

What do you guys say?

Thanks

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhishekasu said:
Hello Guys,

Need suggestion/opinion from the group.

I took my IELTS and my scores are: Speaking-8, Reading-8, Listening-8.5, and Writing-6.5, which is CLB-10 level in Speaking, reading and listening and CLB-8 level in writing. If I had 7 in writing, it will be in CLB 9 level. And I feel I did not get good score because of my bad hand writing.

My total CRS points right now without my wife's IELTS score and ECA points is 349. Once I get my spouse points, I will have about 369 points considering 8 for education and 12 for language.

My question is: would it be worth taking IELTS again - as I missed out CLB9 level in writing because of 0.5 points and if I get that, I can get 50 additional points in Skill Transferablity factor as I would be CLB-9 or more in all category.
If I do this, I would reach a total point of 426 (+50 for skill adaptability, +7 on language and +20 (approximately) for Spouse Language and education).

Now, based on the trend so far, this 426 CRS points would not be enough for getting ITA as traditionally it has never gone below 450.

What do you guys say?

Thanks
If your IELTS results were issued recently (within the last 2 weeks, I think), you can ask to have them remarked.

abhishekasu

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
istari said:
If your IELTS results were issued recently (within the last 2 weeks, I think), you can ask to have them remarked.
There does not seem to be much cost difference between getting it remarked and taking it again. Also, I am not sure about success of getting it remarked. I mean, did anyone try this before and do they really change anything?

keiths

Sep 4, 2015
Hi all, I have a question reg work experience..
In CIC website it is mentioned full time = 30hrs/weeks ; 1year of employment = 1560hrs
based on this I have the below question.

I started working from 25th May 2015 till date i worked for 73weeks 3days..

a) as per my agreement if i calculate 40hrs/weeks I've worked for 2920hrs
[1560(1year) + 1160hrs].If I work for 200 more hrs, i will complete my 2years experience by
end of Nov.
b) on an avg. every week i have worked for 50hrs, and I have these hours mentioned on my
pay check.
If I count on this basis (50hrs/week) I have already completed 2years of employment.
c) do we need to calculate our experience based on calendar??
(May2015-May2016=1year and May2016-May2017=2nd year)Huh

How should we enter our experience in EE profile?? considering a/b/c??

Please guys.. need your suggestions/help.
Thank you

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhishekasu said:
There does not seem to be much cost difference between getting it remarked and taking it again. Also, I am not sure about success of getting it remarked. I mean, did anyone try this before and do they really change anything?
If you are confident that you wrote well, you must go ahead with re-marking. I have seen it getting increased for few people including me :)
Looking at the results you have in other sections, there are fair chances of improvement in re-mark. If it increases the your re-mark fees would be returned.