+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

hb_rashidy

Aug 25, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Nomination.....
31-8-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
IELTS Request
Ielts L8, R7.5, W7, S7
File Transfer...
16/12/2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Hi,

Query regarding PCC

I have been out of my home country for 2 years (2010-2012). During these 2 years I was working in UAE. So I will get my PCC from UAE.
But there is an issue, during these 2 years I have been to my home country for many times (7,8 times) Indeed after every 2 or 3 months I used to visit my home country for at least 1 month. And I have provided all these travel information in Travel History section.
Time frame is like,
From Nov. 2010 - Feb 2011 - I was in UAE
From Feb. 2011 - March 2011 - I was in My Home Country

Same routine for next 2 years.
Although I will get a PCC for these 2 years from UAE but Should I get PCC from my home country for these 2 years (2010-2012) as well? Because I have been here after every 2 or 3 months for at least 1 complete month.

Thanks

ronakshah92

Apr 30, 2016
thestunner316 said:
if your education is bachelors only, then you dont get extra points... those full points are only if you do masters and above...
had this same doubt myself a few months back
Hi,

Thanks for your response. Are you sure on this? Because when I tried increasing my work exp by 1 year, my score jumped to 471 in my profile.

My degrees are BCom and CA. In the WES report, BCom is mentioned as Bachelors degree and CA is also mentioned as Bachelors degree. One is 3 yrs and other 4 yrs. My question was regarding experience, that why is my 37 months of experience not considered as 3+ years?

jtoc

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Hello all!!

Though I am married for some years now, but didn't get the Marriage certificate made. Recently started the process considering immigration. However, would take atleast a months time for the authorities to process the same. Now, my question is, is marriage certificate required at the time of making your EE profile or after ITA?

Thanks in advance.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vibhu_kk said:
Hi Guys,
I have a silly question to which I seem to be unable to find any answers to online.

Story:
I applied for PR through Express Entry System in mid-2015. Towards the end of 2015, I received a PPR requsting me to submit my passport. Right around that time I decided to get married and when I sent my passport, I also send sent proof of my marriage to NVDO and through Case Specific Enquiry informing them about the change in my marital status. Now that the background check and medicals for my wife have been cleared, I have been asked to submit passports of both me and my wife. I also paid RPRF again for my wife's application as requested by CIC.

Questions:
1. Is my wife a dependent or an individual PR like me?
Your wife has PR status. If you lose your PR status, I believe she still keeps hers.

2. If she is an accompanying PR, would she have a default work permit in Canada (as for her, no language tests or Education Credential Assessment was asked for)?
She has all the same rights as you.

3. If she doesn't have a work permit with the PR, do I need to apply for an OWP (Open Work Permit) for her?
4. What is the right time to apply for an OWP? Before getting the PR, After getting our PR, or after Port of Entry?

Any help is really appreciated in this regard.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hb_rashidy said:
Hi,

Query regarding PCC

I have been out of my home country for 2 years (2010-2012). During these 2 years I was working in UAE. So I will get my PCC from UAE.
But there is an issue, during these 2 years I have been to my home country for many times (7,8 times) Indeed after every 2 or 3 months I used to visit my home country for at least 1 month. And I have provided all these travel information in Travel History section.
Time frame is like,
From Nov. 2010 - Feb 2011 - I was in UAE
From Feb. 2011 - March 2011 - I was in My Home Country

Same routine for next 2 years.
Although I will get a PCC for these 2 years from UAE but Should I get PCC from my home country for these 2 years (2010-2012) as well? Because I have been here after every 2 or 3 months for at least 1 complete month.

Thanks
Yes, you should. If you are currently living in your home country, you should get your PCC after you receive ITA, and it should cover your entire time in that country from when you turned 18 until present.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ronakshah92 said:
Hi,

Thanks for your response. Are you sure on this? Because when I tried increasing my work exp by 1 year, my score jumped to 471 in my profile.

My degrees are BCom and CA. In the WES report, BCom is mentioned as Bachelors degree and CA is also mentioned as Bachelors degree. One is 3 yrs and other 4 yrs. My question was regarding experience, that why is my 37 months of experience not considered as 3+ years?
Are you sure about your WES report ? Because that does not sound right to me.
What is the Canadian Equivalency Summary at the top of the page ? Does it say "Bachelor's Degree (3 years) and Bachelor's Degree (4 years)" ?
Because it seems more likely to me that your Bachelor's degree alone is equal to a 3-year Bachelor's, and the addition of the CA bumps it up to a 4-year Bachelor's.

workharder

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-16
Got a pr reject yesterday.What are the options

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete.
Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:
- Police Certificate:
o The Police certificate from India that you provided with your application is not acceptable as it does not cover the full period of time spent in India. You have indicated in your address/personal history that you resided in various cities from 2003/07 to 2016/05. The submitted Police Certificate only covers from June 2016 to present.

That should i do.I am pnp candidate and got rejection 13 days after AOR

hb_rashidy

Aug 25, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Nomination.....
31-8-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
IELTS Request
Ielts L8, R7.5, W7, S7
File Transfer...
16/12/2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
istari said:
Yes, you should. If you are currently living in your home country, you should get your PCC after you receive ITA, and it should cover your entire time in that country from when you turned 18 until present.

Thanks.
"entire time in that country from when you turned 18 until present"
Even If I have spent a year or 2 outside the home country ?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hb_rashidy said:
Thanks.
"entire time in that country from when you turned 18 until present"
Even If I have spent a year or 2 outside the home country ?
Your PCC needs to cover the time you spent in your home country. Obviously, it doesn't cover the time you spent in other countries. But if you were in your home country for a couple of months during those 2 years, the PCC should cover those months.

hb_rashidy

Aug 25, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Nomination.....
31-8-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
IELTS Request
Ielts L8, R7.5, W7, S7
File Transfer...
16/12/2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
istari said:
Your PCC needs to cover the time you spent in your home country. Obviously, it doesn't cover the time you spent in other countries. But if you were in your home country for a couple of months during those 2 years, the PCC should cover those months.
Thanks again.

Actually I have been in my home country for around 8 months during these 2 years. And these 8 months are random through out the 2 years.
Now PCC from my home country can only show 3 to 4 entries for duration of stay. While I have 8 or 9 entries. So they want me consolidate the whole time period. When I will consolidate the time (complete 2 years) then It will also cover the time I spent overseas.

And thats the confusion and main issue.

ronakshah92

Apr 30, 2016
istari said:
Are you sure about your WES report ? Because that does not sound right to me.
What is the Canadian Equivalency Summary at the top of the page ? Does it say "Bachelor's Degree (3 years) and Bachelor's Degree (4 years)" ?
Because it seems more likely to me that your Bachelor's degree alone is equal to a 3-year Bachelor's, and the addition of the CA bumps it up to a 4-year Bachelor's.
Hi there, thanks for your response. Yes, I'm sure that the summary mentioned "Bachelor's Degree (3 years) and Bachelor's Degree (4 years)"

Please if you could respond to my original question of why my 37 months experience is not being considered as 3+ years, it would be great. I saw that the "Skill transferability factors" is divided into Education and Work ex, and I am getting 50 points for education and 25 points for work ex(despite my work exp being 37 months). Thanks

sanha#1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
Hi Raj./Stanlee/Istari/Aragorn,

Can someone please share the reference letter format which was accepted by IRCC and is tried and tested in the past?

Thanks in advance!

tech_writer

Sep 15, 2016
Dear Team,

This is in regards to a query about the WES Report.

As per the ECA report, my Bachelor of Engineering degree is equivalent to Bachelor''s degree (four years) in Canada and my Postgraduate Certificate Programme in Management (1 year) from Indian Institute of Management was given a CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY as Completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate school of business.

What option to select from the below Canadian Equivalency list while filling my Express Entry application for my Postgraduate Certificate Programme in Management.
• None, or less than secondary (high school)
• Secondary diploma (high school graduation)
• One-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
• Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
• Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years
• Master’s degree, or professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession
• Doctoral level university degree (PhD) Awaiting for your quick response.

adilpa

Sep 27, 2016
Hi guys ,

I am very new to this forum and I need your help.

My CSR score is 371 and I understand it's very low score . I wanted to try some PNP but I don't which one I should choose for my career. I am software engineer working in IT and I have 8 years of experience.

Seniors/Experts,

Please guide me which PNP I should choose. Thanks in advance for your help.

rnkhouse

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
Hi everyone,

Any idea how long does it take for RCMP? I applied on 17th Sept, 2016. No reply yet.
Waiting for that letter to upload my EE file.

Thanks.