+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

tabbi

Jun 1, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for this great thread, very helpful
I just have a doubt or more like a question about the assessment of experience / reference letters from previous employers, i know about educational documents being assessed by WES etc, but what about these reference letters?
To whom one should go to verify these ?
Do they need to be assessed by some authority?
How do they assess these letters if this is not done by Principal applicant like educational documents assessment?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tabbi said:
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for this great thread, very helpful
I just have a doubt or more like a question about the assessment of experience / reference letters from previous employers, i know about educational documents being assessed by WES etc, but what about these reference letters?
To whom one should go to verify these ?
Do they need to be assessed by some authority?
How do they assess these letters if this is not done by Principal applicant like educational documents assessment?
You do not have your reference letters verified. If your reference letter is not on company letterhead, you can get them notarised, but that's not a form of assessment.

The authority they are assessed by is the Visa Office. You submit your reference letters along with your PR application, and the Visa Officer compares the information in your letter to the information CIC has about your NOC, and decides if the 2 match.

Radhaa

Jun 29, 2016
How everyone is getting score more than 430 or 450 wthout PNP or job offer? Does they have work experience abroad? My score is 370 only :( My WES is Master's and IELTS score L7.5,R6,W6.5,S6.5

chiran_nvt

May 25, 2016
Visa Office......
VOHY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Radhaa said:
How everyone is getting score more than 430 or 450 wthout PNP or job offer? Does they have work experience abroad? My score is 370 only :( My WES is Master's and IELTS score L7.5,R6,W6.5,S6.5
If you can get 8 in all IELTS modules, your score will be 444

samnijazz

Dec 18, 2014
Please, I am a Nurse from Nigeria. I evaluated my General Nursing and Psychiatric Nursing cert. I got same evaluation for both. It read" College Diploma 3years for General Nursing and college diploma for the Psychiatric Nursing. What will I select on the EE application. Is just 3years diploma and 2 diplomas?

tabbi

Jun 1, 2014
istari said:
You do not have your reference letters verified. If your reference letter is not on company letterhead, you can get them notarised, but that's not a form of assessment.

The authority they are assessed by is the Visa Office. You submit your reference letters along with your PR application, and the Visa Officer compares the information in your letter to the information CIC has about your NOC, and decides if the 2 match.
So they don't verify these by calling or email the employers? Isn't this a drawback?
Anyway i am currently working as Network administrator and in past i was at a similar but lower position at another company, how does my current position count in point system? I have 2+ years experience to date but less than 3years but cic process could go long for more than 6 months or more overall, so in that time my experience could be 3 years.. how does that count in CRS,

in their crs calculator they said experience should be from on occupation i work in Network field but different designation in past

"Do you have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian Province or Territory? "

What does this line mean? Does that mean our educational documents assessment certificate ir some thing else?
How get one of this certificate?

Answers to all questions will be appreciated a lot.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tabbi said:
So they don't verify these by calling or email the employers? Isn't this a drawback?
Of course they contact your employers.
I meant that you, the applicant, do not have to have them assessed by a third party, which is what I thought your question was asking.

Anyway i am currently working as Network administrator and in past i was at a similar but lower position at another company, how does my current position count in point system? I have 2+ years experience to date but less than 3years but cic process could go long for more than 6 months or more overall, so in that time my experience could be 3 years.. how does that count in CRS,
Your profile locks when you receive ITA, so it's based on the amount of work experience you have at that point.

in their crs calculator they said experience should be from on occupation i work in Network field but different designation in past
You must have 1 year of continuous work experience in a single NOC. After that, the rest of your experience can be from multiple NOCS. But if you don't meet the continuous 1 year minimum, none of your other work experience counts.
Your NOC is based on your duties and responsibilities, not your job title. So if your designation changed, but your roles and responsibilities stayed the same, it's all the same NOC.

"Do you have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian Province or Territory? "

What does this line mean? Does that mean our educational documents assessment certificate ir some thing else?
How get one of this certificate?
This is only for skilled trades (carpenters, electricians, etc.). You do not have one of these, so don't worry about it.

Answers to all questions will be appreciated a lot.

sinp Kathmandu

Aug 14, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
Oct 2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Oct 2016
AOR Received.
Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
7/12/ 2016 passed 19 /12 2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
May 04 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 10 2017
LANDED..........
july 2017
can we register in job bank before EE profile is ready?
I didnt get the keys to register in Job bank.plz suggest.Thanks

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sinp Kathmandu said:
can we register in job bank before EE profile is ready?
I didnt get the keys to register in Job bank.plz suggest.Thanks
No. Once you submit your EE profile, you'll get a code to register for JB.

sinp Kathmandu

Aug 14, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
Oct 2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Oct 2016
AOR Received.
Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
May 04 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 10 2017
LANDED..........
july 2017
istari said:
No. Once you submit your EE profile, you'll get a code to register for JB.

Thank you,mate

er.satnamsinghbhullar

Apr 30, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15 june
Med's Done....
25 june
AOR 15 june
RPRF 15 sept
BG CHECK 22 sept

How long its gonna take now..
And what checks are left to be done

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
er.satnamsinghbhullar said:
AOR 15 june
RPRF 15 sept
BG CHECK 22 sept

How long its gonna take now..
And what checks are left to be done
Nobody can tell you how long it is going to take. If you want to see a snapshot of the progress of your application, I suggest you ordering GCMS notes. It takes 30 - 40 days for the notes to be delivered by e-mail.

er.satnamsinghbhullar

Apr 30, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15 june
Med's Done....
25 june
rajkamalmohanram said:
Nobody can tell you how long it is going to take. If you want to see a snapshot of the progress of your application, I suggest you ordering GCMS notes. It takes 30 - 40 days for the notes to be delivered by e-mail.
Ohh .... i wont be doing that.. i hope a lot could happen in that much time.. so i hope everything goes fine n i could see the wonder mail soon

sinp Kathmandu

Aug 14, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
Oct 2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Oct 2016
AOR Received.
Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
May 04 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 10 2017
LANDED..........
july 2017
sinp Kathmandu said:
Thank you,mate
Hi I have got my EE profile and number now.
Could you please suggest me how to register
in Job Bank onwards .I didnt see any registration
section up there.Thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
sinp Kathmandu said:
Hi I have got my EE profile and number now.
Could you please suggest me how to register
in Job Bank onwards .I didnt see any registration
section up there.Thanks
The PDF that you get under messages in your Express Entry profile has the procedure for Job Bank registration. You would need both Express Entry profile number and Job Seeker Validation Code to create and activate your Job Bank account.