+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

akubilly

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hb_rashidy said:
I am a PNP nominated candidate. While applying for PNP I was asked only for reference letter as a proof of employment.
Now I need to send documents to CIC, reference letter alone is enough ? Or there are some other "compulsory" and must needed documents to be sent to CIC?

Thanks
Hello Rashidy,

congrats on your nomination.
I have same NOC as you and am worried that my education is not same as my NOC but I have 7 years experience in this NOC 1225. Please is your education same as your NOC or you only used your work experience to match your NOC? Thanks for your response.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akubilly said:
Hello Rashidy,

I have same NOC as you and am worried that my education is not same as my NOC but I have 7 years experience in this NOC 1225. Please is your education same as your NOC or you only used your work experience to match your NOC? Thanks for your response.
For Express Entry, your NOC and education do not have to match.
This is only a requirement for certain Provinces' PNP streams.

rkhan15

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Hi All,

I just got my IELTS results as given below:

Listening:7.5; Reading:6.5; Writing:8; Speaking:9; Overall Band Score:8; CEFR:C1

I am a little surprised by reading score being below 7. Is it safe to assume that I definitely have to redo IELTS because of my reading score being below 7? From reading around this forum it looks like one needs to score above 7 in each of the four areas of listening, reading, writing and speaking?

p.s. I just completed the eligibility test with the above results on CIC website and it says, "Based on your answers, you appear to be eligible for Express Entry". Should I go ahead and create a profile and submit?

Also, note that I have 6+ years of NOC 72 experience outside of Canada which I entered into the system since it didn't specify if the question was specific to Canadian experience or not....Does anyone know if it meant only for Canadian experience or other countries would count too?

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rkhan15 said:
Hi All,

I just got my IELTS results as given below:

Listening:7.5; Reading:6.5; Writing:8; Speaking:9; Overall Band Score:8; CEFR:C1

I am a little surprised by reading score being below 7. Is it safe to assume that I definitely have to redo IELTS because of my reading score being below 7? From reading around this forum it looks like one needs to score above 7 in each of the four areas of listening, reading, writing and speaking?

p.s. I just completed the eligibility test with the above results on CIC website and it says, "Based on your answers, you appear to be eligible for Express Entry". Should I go ahead and create a profile and submit?

Also, note that I have 6+ years of NOC 72 experience outside of Canada which I entered into the system since it didn't specify if the question was specific to Canadian experience or not....Does anyone know if it meant only for Canadian experience or other countries would count too?
You are good, this translates to CLB 8. You should mention all experience not just Canadian. If you have Canadian experience it will fetch additional points.

akubilly

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
Istari,

Thanks.
But am actually putting together documents to apply to SINP that's why am asking

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have to fill Additional Family form(IMM5406E) for me and my wife, there is an applicant field and spouse field on this form

I'm sure all of you who have been granted PR had to fill this form, please suggest who needs to be Applicant on my wife's form.
I see differing comments, some said it should be my name because I'm Principal applicant while others said it should be my wife's name because she is filling that form and signing it for her family information.

hb_rashidy

Aug 25, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Nomination.....
31-8-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
IELTS Request
Ielts L8, R7.5, W7, S7
File Transfer...
16/12/2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
akubilly said:
Hello Rashidy,

My qualification (Mba) matches my NOC.

hb_rashidy

Aug 25, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Nomination.....
31-8-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
IELTS Request
Ielts L8, R7.5, W7, S7
File Transfer...
16/12/2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
istari said:
I am not sure if you are right.
Because CIC can reject an application only because its NOC is not matching the qualification.
Mostly this decision is dependent upon the Visa Officer.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hb_rashidy said:
I am not sure if you are right.
Because CIC can reject an application only because its NOC is not matching the qualification.
Mostly this decision is dependent upon the Visa Officer.
No one on this forum has been rejected by CIC because their education and work experience didn't match.

Jerrie86

Star Member
Sep 1, 2016
USA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/11/2016
Nomination.....
15/11/2016
Thanks for the information . I am not planning to visit India anytime soon, so that is covered. And, regarding the FBI PCC situation, this is very disheartening situation that it will take 4 months of time . And, I know I am on the border of what has been the cut-off point these days ; I am hoping either new rules don't get implemented real soon and score cut-off goes down by a little bit so my file can be picked up. Also, does anyone on this blog was in same boat as me, and applied from US and got FBI PCC in time? The reason I am asking is because it is quite vague on how to send docs properly to FBI to warrant PCC from them. Thanks for the holy effort brother. Peace.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jerrie86 said:
Thanks for the information . I am not planning to visit India anytime soon, so that is covered. And, regarding the FBI PCC situation, this is very disheartening situation that it will take 4 months of time . And, I know I am on the border of what has been the cut-off point these days ; I am hoping either new rules don't get implemented real soon and score cut-off goes down by a little bit so my file can be picked up. Also, does anyone on this blog was in same boat as me, and applied from US and got FBI PCC in time? The reason I am asking is because it is quite vague on how to send docs properly to FBI to warrant PCC from them. Thanks for the holy effort brother. Peace.
CIC is quite lenient with FBI PCCs because they know that it takes a long time. So if you receive ITA, you can submit your FBI PCC receipt, and a LOE explaining that you've ordered the PCC and will submit it as soon as you can.
CIC will allow you to submit your PCC at a later date.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
kamy said:
Hi,

Have couple of questions.

1. I need 22,603 for 4 people as proof of fund, I had filled 24000 in EE profile and also with SINP. However, my Provident Fund amount is 30000 which I'm using as POF. I recently updated POF amount to 30000 in EE. Does it make any difference 24k vs 30k? Should I keep it as 24k because I used this number for SINP, only reason I changed it to 30k is to reconcile POF amount in EE and in my EPF statement?

2. I had got H1B petition approved in 2010, however, I never went for visa stamping and this petition might have expired already as it is generally valid for 3 years, Is this something which needs to be mentioned somewhere?
1. You can mention it as 30k as long as you have proofs to support your claim.

2. As far as I remember, no, approvals need not be mentioned anywhere, but if there has been any rejections, yes that needs to be declared as part of Statutory Questions.

greenlicious

Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I was contacted by the government because they said that my pictures for my PR card did not meet the requirement. I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced this and how long is the turn around time for the PR card?

Thanks a lot in advance

Karineb

Sep 8, 2016
Hi

This is quite likely a silly question but I applied to the express entry and was turned down. I had completed my qualifications, years of work experience and language test results etc however, had not yet received the qualification conversion award. Would this be the reason? I thought I could update this when received so put my degrees on the form and said 'no' when it asked if it was approved in Canada.

I shall await the official certificate from BS and hope I can reapply.

Would anyone know if I update my profile or have to start again?

Thank you