+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
You're not understanding the purpose of notarisation.
Having this document notarised means that the person who's writing the letter (in this case your ex-colleague) signs the letter in front of a notary, so the notary can confirm that the person writing it has indeed signed it (so that you can't forge their signature, or change the information in the document, etc.).
So the document needs to be notarised while your ex-colleague is signing, which means that it needs to be notarised wherever your ex-colleague is.
Thansks istari. I agree the notarization should be done by lawyer when the person is signing the document. However, my ex-colleague might not be comfortable in getting notarized or might not want to take extra trouble to look for a lawyer (since he is in USA).

Is the notarization really required? If I submit reference letter, company issued relieving letter and offer letter, should that not be enough?

Please suggest. Thanks.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kashjuni said:
Thansks istari. I agree the notarization should be done by lawyer when the person is signing the document. However, my ex-colleague might not be comfortable in getting notarized or might not want to take extra trouble to look for a lawyer (since he is in USA).

Is the notarization really required? If I submit reference letter, company issued relieving letter and offer letter, should that not be enough?

Please suggest. Thanks.
Firstly, it doesn't have to be done by a lawyer; it can be notarised by a notary public.

The notarisation is not strictly required; nowhere on the CIC website does it mention having reference letters notarised. This is just a step that some forum members have taken in order to increase their chances.
Whether the documents you have are enough or not is entirely up to the VO, and you won't know until your application is either accepted or rejected.

nthuynh

Mar 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone
I have an job offer (outside Canada) I will start next week (in September). Now should I add it to my EE profile? knowing that the process may take longtime, and when CIC read my application, we may be in October or later... so they won't think I told a lie when submitting the profile.
Thank you.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nthuynh said:
Hello everyone
I have an job offer (outside Canada) I will start next week (in September). Now should I add it to my EE profile? knowing that the process may take longtime, and when CIC read my application, we may be in October or later... so they won't think I told a lie when submitting the profile.
Thank you.
You are not obliged to mention your current job in your EE profile.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vd.yazdani said:
This last draw was scary. :'(
Canada is very close to reaching its immigration quota for the year, so if there is going to continue to be a draw every fortnight, the CRS will have to remain high.
But it will almost certainly come down next year.

vd.yazdani

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
istari said:
Canada is very close to reaching its immigration quota for the year, so if there is going to continue to be a draw every fortnight, the CRS will have to remain high.
But it will almost certainly come down next year.
Hi Istari,
i have made and spreadsheet of all the draws so far. CIC has invited around 18000 applicants this year from Express Entry program. As mentioned in the last year annual report, each applicant has brought an accompany with them in total. having that the number of accepted immigrants through this program is 36000 (not considering the chance of rejection during application process).
Also CIC announced that this year they will get 280000 to 350000 immigrants from which around 55 to 60% is from Express Entry or skilled worker. That number comes to around 180000. Az mentioned before so far around 36000 were invited this year, so we are left with 144000. we know that they are still working on the previous system backlog. but i'm not sure if they can get this number from the remaining applications in the previous system.

What do you think?

ronakshah92

Apr 30, 2016
I had a question regarding my work ex input while creating the profile.

I was working after I gave exams for my Bachelors degree. Shall I put my work ex start date from the month of the exams or the month of the results? (I am asking this because the gap between exams and results is 3 months)

Thanks, Ronak

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ronakshah92 said:
I had a question regarding my work ex input while creating the profile.

I was working after I gave exams for my Bachelors degree. Shall I put my work ex start date from the month of the exams or the month of the results? (I am asking this because the gap between exams and results is 3 months)

Thanks, Ronak
If it's Canadian work experience, you have to put the date you stopped being a student (probably your graduation date).

If it's foreign work experience, the date you finished studying doesn't matter, so just put the date you actually started working.

ronakshah92

Apr 30, 2016
istari said:
If it's Canadian work experience, you have to put the date you stopped being a student (probably your graduation date).

If it's foreign work experience, the date you finished studying doesn't matter, so just put the date you actually started working.
Thanks for the answer. Its foreign Work ex for me. Does this mean that I can put the work ex for the job I started even before getting my Bachelor's degree? (I have a years experience before getting my Bachelor's. It'll increase my score if I put that too) Thanks, Ronak
PS - The NOC is 1111 and it's description says that "....generally require a University degree for the job...."

uadiele89

Aug 24, 2016
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
Hello all, please I need a clarification to this question. My overall score is 446 and this is with a pretty high English score, my WES report, age and work experience. What are my chances to be ITA. Any idea on job opportunities and provincial nominations too?
Thanks

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uadiele89 said:
Hello all, please I need a clarification to this question. My overall score is 446 and this is with a pretty high English score, my WES report, age and work experience. What are my chances to be ITA. Any idea on job opportunities and provincial nominations too?
Thanks
You won't receive ITA anytime soon with that score. Perhaps next year.

Job opportunities are nil until you have PR. Look at the PNP sticky thread.

robb83

Jul 4, 2016
Hi

I now have a job offer pending which should be through next week and if I accept they will do the LMIA and workpermit.

I have completed my online application, registered on the job bank site as well.

I am looking at doing the police check today or tomorrow (2 day fast option)

The things I am concerned about taking time are a medical and the job references. I have only been with my current employer since January.

My previous company I was with since 2007 - do i need to go back further than that.

For the medical it talks about previous history, I've had issues with my ears since a child and had a few operations.

What do I need to do in regards to this, is that something I would have to contact my local doctors about.

I'm a bit lost as to what I should be doing next or where I fill this information in.

Thanks

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I have the following questions:

1) Do we need an experience letter from the current company? In the last 10 years, I have 8 years of experience in total out of which 6 years are from my previous company. All my experience is outside Canada. Both jobs have similar NOC. I am thinking of excluding my current company experience while submitting the application so that I don't need to take the pain of getting a letter from current boss/HR. By doing that, I may just need to submit one experience letter if at all I need to submit the documents for ITA. Also I don't see any value factoring current company experience as it does not make any difference to the CRS scores. Is it okay to do that?

2) How do I get notarized for my name inconsistency? I am from India and we have initials for our surnames. In the educational documents, my name is say first name .a.b, where a.b. is the abbreviation of my last name. In my employment records, my name is a.b. first name. And my passport has it expanded..say.. first name albha beta.. First name is consistent everywhere. I live in US and I am not sure how and where this can be notarized. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.