+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Tousif_27

Star Member
Aug 8, 2016
Hi Stanlee,

Thanks a ton for the information, you are truly a keeper! However I would like some details on the following points:

Stanlee said:
1. Yes, whomsoever is included in the application and marked as accompanying will get PR if CIC approves your application.
Is there an option while filling the EE profile to choose who can accompany with the primary applicant (In this case my wife) ? Pardon me as Im still at the IELTS and ECA stage so dont really know whats ahead in the EE profile.
2. By mentioning not accompanying, you stand to gain only with regard to the points, you still need to show proof of funds for all three of you, get Medicals and PCC even if you are not accompanying. If your wife goes ahead with the PR and she and your kid lands in Canada as PR, later she will have to apply under Family/Spouse sponsorship which I have heard takes at least a year or more. In my opinion just for the benefits of points, it is not worth. But, I would leave the decision to you as you know your situation and plans best. May I know, what the CRS is in both the cases?

Proof of funds, Medical and PCC wouldn't be a constraint for all three of us. Is there any other way apart from Family/Spouse sponsorship for me to enter Canada? Like a Students Visa ? As I have plans to do my training in Canada. Please Suggest Sure with me accompanying its 460 and without its 474. Do you think with the current trends in draws, 474 would be a good score to get selected without job offer?

3. The tool that you have used to calculate your score is reliable. However, please note that the tool asks just some basic questions, for example, work experience is asked in years, while in case of the Express Entry application, it asks in months, so there may or may not a slight variation in the final score depending on your case. Other details are fairly accurate. In my case, the score shown by the tool was the score I got when I created and submitted my Express Entry profile.
Thank you , I shall go with the link then :)

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GG kaur said:
CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN DIFFERENCE IN PNP AND EXPRESS ENTRY?
THANKS
Firstly, please don't use all caps.

Express Entry is the immigration system.
You are assigned a CRS score (out of 1200) based on your details (age, level of education, language ability, etc.). There are regular draws, and if your CRS is above the minimum score, you receive an Invitation to Apply, and can submit your documents to CIC for processing.

Provincial Nomination is a system that allows provinces to select people who they want to live and work in their province.
The province then nominates you, and you receive an additional 600 points, which essential guarantees that you will receive ITA very quickly.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tousif_27 said:
Hi Stanlee,

Thanks a ton for the information, you are truly a keeper! However I would like some details on the following points:

1. Is there an option while filling the EE profile to choose who can accompany with the primary applicant (In this case my wife) ? Pardon me as Im still at the IELTS and ECA stage so dont really know whats ahead in the EE profile.
Yes, you can choose who is and isn't accompanying.

2. Proof of funds, Medical and PCC wouldn't be a constraint for all three of us. Is there any other way apart from Family/Spouse sponsorship for me to enter Canada? Like a Students Visa ? As I have plans to do my training in Canada. Please Suggest Sure with me accompanying its 460 and without its 474. Do you think with the current trends in draws, 474 would be a good score to get selected without job offer?
If your wife is a PR, it is unlikely that you will be issued with a study visa. A study visa is necessarily temporary, and having your wife living in Canada will lead CIC to believe that you may try to stay in the country illegally when your study visa expires.
At the moment, 474 is not a good enough score. The score may drop at the end of the year, or the beginning of next year.

Venkat1901

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Stanlee said:
You are correct, once you get nominated and you accept the nomination 600 points will get added your CRS. Once you get ITA, as part of your eAPR, you need to upload scanned copies of all documents that you sent for PNP in addition to latest POF, Medicals and PCC.

Post submission of your eAPR, it takes anywhere between 6-8 months to get your application approved. Sometimes, it gets approved even in 2-3 months, it all depends on your application and the case officer and visa office which is looking into your file.

Once your application is approved and you get visa, you will have to land in Canada before the expiry of your Medicals or visa whichever is earlier.
Thanks Stanlee.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Tousif_27 said:
Thank you Istari, your response makes sense ! I will go with "spouse accompanying" option.
In addition to what Istari has mentioned, if you do not get a direct ITA, you can try for provincial nomination. If you are nominated by a province, it will add 600 points to your CRS thereby making you eligible to receive ITA in the next round of invitation post nomination.

To know more about PNP, check this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/summary-of-eligibility-requirements-for-all-express-entry-pnp-streams-t432937.0.html

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Can anyone suggest what is the accepted marriage proof document by CIC for Muslims? My wife and I have the Nikaah document, however, that is not in English and I am not sure if it will be accepted.

Kindly advice.

p.s. I am still in initial phase of EE but want to start the process of arranging documents now itself to avoid rush in 2 months (assuming i receive the ITA later)

Tousif_27

Star Member
Aug 8, 2016
Stanlee said:
In addition to what Istari has mentioned, if you do not get a direct ITA, you can try for provincial nomination. If you are nominated by a province, it will add 600 points to your CRS thereby making you eligible to receive ITA in the next round of invitation post nomination.

To know more about PNP, check this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/summary-of-eligibility-requirements-for-all-express-entry-pnp-streams-t432937.0.html
Thanks for the post thread Stanlee, its certainly helpful. How good are my chances of getting a PNP nomination for a score of 469?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kashjuni said:
Hi All,

Can anyone suggest what is the accepted marriage proof document by CIC for Muslims? My wife and I have the Nikaah document, however, that is not in English and I am not sure if it will be accepted.

Kindly advice.

p.s. I am still in initial phase of EE but want to start the process of arranging documents now itself to avoid rush in 2 months (assuming i receive the ITA later)
Have a look at this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/marriage-certificate-nikah-nama-india-t172953.0.html

And keep in mind that any documents that are not in English or French need to be translated by a certified translator.

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
Have a look at this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/marriage-certificate-nikah-nama-india-t172953.0.html

And keep in mind that any documents that are not in English or French need to be translated by a certified translator.
Hi Istari,

Thanks for your prompt response. However, the thread is not of much help since nobody has concluded what was eventually accepted :(

Let's see if someone else has any idea about this.

sidhusukhdev123

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
hi frnds...
i have done MBA 2008 june to 2010 july(4 semesters) but I ve started doing job from January 2010 I.e. after completing 3rd sem. and dat was not campus placement...I took exams for 4th sem. In July 2010 along with job..when I got my final marksheet ..it says fail because of one teacher's mistake ..I corrected my marksheet and it was reissued in July/Aug. 2011..both dates are mentioned on my reissue marksheet I.e. the marksheet issued in 2010 and reissue marksheet date of 2011. Now I want to apply with dat degree and job experience but I am confused as my job has a clash with my degree..
I ve done job from 2010 to 2013 and according to marksheets I have completed my degree in 2011 by giving back exams..
1. what time period for my MBA should I show in profile?.. 2008 to 2010 July or 2008 to 2011 July/Aug?
2. will it count my job which I have done for 3 yrs and my salary account confirm it or visa officer count it from the date I have completed my degree?
3. and I am confused now that what date would be consider by visa officer for completion of my degree and starting date of job ?
pls help!!!

regards

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sidhusukhdev123 said:
hi frnds...
i have done MBA 2008 june to 2010 july(4 semesters) but I ve started doing job from January 2010 I.e. after completing 3rd sem. and dat was not campus placement...I took exams for 4th sem. In July 2010 along with job..when I got my final marksheet ..it says fail because of one teacher's mistake ..I corrected my marksheet and it was reissued in July/Aug. 2011..both dates are mentioned on my reissue marksheet I.e. the marksheet issued in 2010 and reissue marksheet date of 2011. Now I want to apply with dat degree and job experience but I am confused as my job has a clash with my degree..
I ve done job from 2010 to 2013 and according to marksheets I have completed my degree in 2011 by giving back exams..
1. what time period for my MBA should I show in profile?.. 2008 to 2010 July or 2008 to 2011 July/Aug?
2008 to 2010.

2. will it count my job which I have done for 3 yrs and my salary account confirm it or visa officer count it from the date I have completed my degree?
Was this work experience in Canada ? If so, the work experience will start from when you stopped studying.
If it was outside of Canada, then the work experience will be counted from when you started the job.

3. and I am confused now that what date would be consider by visa officer for completion of my degree and starting date of job ?
pls help!!!
As above.
Degree completion: July, 2010
Job commencement: January, 2010

regards

dxb2020

Aug 28, 2015
Dubai
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Hi all

I have a similar query in regards to Education and job experience. I completed my bachelors in 2009 and started working in April 2010 in a bank. In 2012 i switched job in an another organization and started my MBA as well. The classes used to be in the evening 6-9 so i did my MBA along with my morning 8-5 job. Now in EE profile I am claiming points for my current job only. So

1.Is my job experience from 2012 till date counted as 3+ yrs experience (as i was doing my MBA as well) ?
2.My MBA was a 2 year course. Is evening MBA considered as part time or full time ? (as its asked while creating EE profile)

Thanks in advance guyz !!

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dxb2020 said:
Hi all

I have a similar query in regards to Education and job experience. I completed my bachelors in 2009 and started working in April 2010 in a bank. In 2012 i switched job in an another organization and started my MBA as well. The classes used to be in the evening 6-9 so i did my MBA along with my morning 8-5 job. Now in EE profile I am claiming points for my current job only. So

1.Is my job experience from 2012 till date counted as 3+ yrs experience (as i was doing my MBA as well) ?
If it was outside of Canada, yes.

2.My MBA was a 2 year course. Is evening MBA considered as part time or full time ? (as its asked while creating EE profile)
It depends on study load, and varies from country to country.
For example, where I live, full time study means "you are doing at least 75% of the average amount of study required to complete the course in the minimum time".
It's up to you to determine what is considered full-time in your country, or according to your university.

Thanks in advance guyz !!

GG kaur

Apr 18, 2016
istari said:
Firstly, please don't use all caps.

Express Entry is the immigration system.
You are assigned a CRS score (out of 1200) based on your details (age, level of education, language ability, etc.). There are regular draws, and if your CRS is above the minimum score, you receive an Invitation to Apply, and can submit your documents to CIC for processing.

Provincial Nomination is a system that allows provinces to select people who they want to live and work in their province.
The province then nominates you, and you receive an additional 600 points, which essential guarantees that you will receive ITA very quickly.
THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION. IS THERE A SEPRATE APPLICATION TO APPLY FOR PNP. I HAVE BACHELORS FROM INDIA AND 1 YEAR WORK EXPRIENCE HERE.